Aircraft prone to uncommanded left roll

Corrigan

Anyone else notice this? I can swear that the 21 tends to roll slightly left on its own. Several of my flying buddies say they've noticed this too, and I've checked that it's not my controls.

So: bug, feature or imagination?

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

Noticed that as well. Shame we don't have aileron trim :)

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Noticed that as well. Shame we don't have aileron trim :)

Who needs an aileron trim ;) Just use the "recovery" autopilot :)

Chain

System:

Windows 10 | i7-7700K @ 4.5 Ghz | 32GB of RAM | Nvidia GTX 1080, 3440x1440 | DELL Ultrawide U3415W | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 and 2 TB Seagate Barracuda | TM Warthog Hotas | SLAW F-16 Pedals | Oculus Rift CV1 and HTC Vive PRO VR

+ High fidelity F/A-18C simpit :)

Mine is rolling to the right as well. Maybe OP has his stick a bit uncalibrated?

As I wrote in the OP, I have checked my equipment. I had a monitoring program open beside the sim when I saw this behaviour, and the roll axis was sitting at 50.00%.

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

As I wrote in the OP, I have checked my equipment. I had a monitoring program open beside the sim when I saw this behaviour, and the roll axis was sitting at 50.00%.

This is quite intresting then. Because mine is rolling to the right most of the time, and I have to correct to the left. Not sure what could be causing this.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

I get right roll mostly, but sometimes left roll. I figured they were trying to simulate some effect or a quirk of the aircraft.

The roll might be engine/airflow induced. I'm not sure what effect the nose intake has on the aerodynamics, and whether it causes a vortex out the nose that spills over the wings, causing the roll.

Best regards,

Tango.

Another thing I've noticed from the beginning: It does even yaw a bit, at least on the ground. In my test missions, there's absolutely no wind at all, fully clear sky, default temps etc. But the MiG always needs a little bit of left rudder no matter what. It's extremely obvious while braking.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Another thing I've noticed from the beginning: It does even yaw a bit, at least on the ground. In my test missions, there's absolutely no wind at all, fully clear sky, default temps etc. But the MiG always needs a little bit of left rudder no matter what. It's extremely obvious while braking.

Same here + rolling to the right. Extremely unnerving!! :mad:

Mancher zum Meister sich erklärt, dem nie das Handwerk ward gelehrt!

Okay I stated earlier that I had no issues with roll... until now.

Now it always dips to the left, and the slip ball is saying i need right rudder.

I have not changed anything. I was flying online last night, same loadout, and I had to respawn a new A/c, and then it started.

What gives?

Remember that trim is there to prevent the pilot getting tired from constantly having to apply pressure on the stick; it isn't there so the plane will fly straight and level hands off (especially a fighter).

I dont know if you have the mig 21, but

There is no aileron or rudder trim. Only pitch

sometimes left, sometimes right.. make up your minds people!! is it a bug or a normal behaviour.. mic goes to LN.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.