Landing Gear lock sound

Roger Ramjet

I`ve noticed that the sound of locking the wheels is always the same, no matter if all the gears are retracting or not.

For example - during my fumbled attempt to land I`ve broken the nosewheel which can`t retract - i I`ve aborted the landing - during retracting the gear I hear 'thump' , 'thump' , 'thump' for all three wheels - when the nosewheel doesn`t even tries to retract.

The same goes for the main wheels also.

As far is i know the "thump" sound is an important clue for RL pilots. :smartass:

Edited by Roger Ramjet

Excuse my English, please.

I`ve noticed that the sound of locking the wheels is always the same, no matter if the all the gears are retracting or not.

For example - during my fumbled attempt to land I`ve broken the nosewheel which can`t retract - i I`ve aborted the landing - during retracting the gear I hear 'thump' , 'thump' , 'thump' for all three wheels - when the nosewheel doesn`t even tries to retract.

The same goes for the main wheels also.

As far is i know the "thump" sound is an important clue for RL pilots. :smartass:

I concur and I was able to replicate this issue. I was about to report it here but you were faster. :thumbup:

Chain

System:

Windows 10 | i7-7700K @ 4.5 Ghz | 32GB of RAM | Nvidia GTX 1080, 3440x1440 | DELL Ultrawide U3415W | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 and 2 TB Seagate Barracuda | TM Warthog Hotas | SLAW F-16 Pedals | Oculus Rift CV1 and HTC Vive PRO VR

+ High fidelity F/A-18C simpit :)

• 3 weeks later...