Mig-21 rare footage.

ff4life4

EDIT: I embedded all of the videos for your ease of use

Hey guys,

I have found some really cool and rare Mig-21 footage. This also includes footage and images of rare prototypes.

I have never really cared for this aircraft, or Russian planes in general, until I have seen and flown LN's. I now have such an appreciation for it, and I can't get enough.

First 2 videos are my personal favorite, have some of the best in cockpit footage in my opinion---

(some really beautiful shots in the last half from 1:50, high altitude)-----------------

(rare tailless prototype)

(really cool video of radar at 4:05

Hope you guys enjoy!!

Edited by ff4life4
  • Like 1

Tailless one was for aerodynamic research on Tu-144 wingform (Soviet Concorde, so to say). If you haven't already, lookup Ye-8 too :) One hell of a looker, but cancelled due to engine problems (leading some inflight failiures, and in one case explosion of a prototype).

In continuation of MiG-21 story, there's also the Chinese F-7, they retained better visibility bubble canopy from MiG-21F-13, and added cranked arrow type wingtips for better agility. Actually they retained almost all aerodynamics from MiG-21F-13, so they look quite different from later MiG-21 versions like BiS. They also carry copies of Israeli Phyton-3 and may be 4 too, not sure of latter. Most versions had Italian Grifo radar. It's production ended only a year ago in 2013. Guizhou JL-9 is a relatively new trainer / light fighter based on F-7. Larger two engine Chinese interceptor J-8, especially the early J-8I version had it's roots in F-7 design too.

Egypt, at one time, fielded both MiG-21 and F-7 variants if I'm not mistaken. India and Pakistan, who has a history of clashes, has them too. India operates the MiG, while Pakistan has F-7.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Nice Videos!

Love the landings at the end of the third video down. Makes me feel better as I do my landing "adjustment" these days.

Big plus that LN modeled bending gear instead of just collapsing the gear and blowing us up for heavy landings.

Fight to fly, fly to fight, fight to win.

Callsign: Need

Shu-Ha-Ri

Sorry one last.. I cant resist

4 Parts of a Serbian Mig-21 training video. No idea what they are saying but still interesting.

Edit:

Just a small but important note - this is not "Serbian" but Yugoslav MiG-21 training video made by Croatian fighter pilots in former Yugoslav Air Force (Vladimir Mikac and Boris Grenko). They later flew in the contemporary Croatian Air Force. This great video is made at the Pula Airbase in Croatia :smilewink:

Edited by ff4life4

Sorry one last.. I cant resist

4 Parts of a Serbian Mig-21 training video. No idea what they are saying but still interesting.

Just a small but important note - this is not "Serbian" but Yugoslav MiG-21 training video made by Croatian fighter pilots in former Yugoslav Air Force (Vladimir Mikac and Boris Grenko). They later flew in the contemporary Croatian Air Force. This great video is made at the Pula Airbase in Croatia :smilewink:

Edited by vrbenski

Added your description to the post. Thanks for the correction

This thread now literally takes ages to load up. What's so hard about clicking a link?

Apart from that, absolutely great stuff :)

Sorry I thought it would make it easier for everyone, and when I tested it on my internet, it didn't take long at all to upload. If others comment on the page load time I will consider putting links back

pgR-ptK2tL4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 1 month later...