Using the Kh66 on ground targets

stray cat

When using the KH66 on ground targets, how precise does the pipper have to be on it when lock is pressed? In the tutorial it advises to aim slightly below the target (ship) and it still hits dead on. When doing the same on a tank, will the missile home in to the spot the pipper locked on or will the missile snap to a target near it?

You only focus the radar on that particular spot. If you aim exactly on a tank from 2.5 km you are in fact aiming behind it, and your missile will go above it. That's why you should aim 1/2 pipper below or "on the ground". Takes a few practice shots, but very funny. I love the Kh-66.

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

Aim a little below. That is working best for me.

I am really happy that the devs chose to include the Kh-66 :D It is so fun to use :)

I think Kh-66 is mainly for big targets like ships and buildings. Its better to use rockets or bombs against tanks and stuff

Try to keep the angle between the ground and the virtual line between your plane and the target exactly constant. This way the pipper won't move away from the target. If you increase this angle, you will see the ground behind your target where the pipper was initially stabilized to (and the missile might over-fly the target).

'Frett'

The setting of target size on left side of Hud controls, kind of suggest the Radar should snap to targets, am I wrong (only AA?), or is it just WIP still?

Edited by Buzpilot

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup:

The setting of target size on left side of Hud controls, kind of suggest the Radar should snap to targets, am I wrong (only AA?), or is it just WIP still?

It doesn't snap on targets, the pipper is only stabilized. You can set the target size to whatever suits you in A2G.

I can imagine that locking a target on the ground would require some digital filters to distinguish it from the background. Not something that this simple radar is capable of...

'Frett'