Downloading skins

Chic

Hope this is correct forum. Couldn't find topic anywhere.

I'm trying to down load skins from DCS site.

Windows is asking for a program to open file with.

Thanks for any help.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

You don't need to open the files, all you do is copy and paste the files into the following path:

C:/Program Files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/Bazar/Liveries/**Whichever plane the skin applies to**

Once it is in that folder, to use the skin you need to run Mission Editor, and set up, or amend a mission. The skin options will be found under the weapons tab, and are in a drop down menu.

Erm most if not all skins will be packed in a zip file.:music_whistling:

Use 7zip to open these file types. For instance download this skin pack http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/894741/

Open it with 7zip found here http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

Inside the zip file(used to make the download compressed/smaller)

There are 4 folders

Each folder has a version of the skin 32,33,36 and 38

Place these into Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/Bazar/Liveries/uh-1h

And as previously posted pick new skin from ME loadout screen

I imagine this will be moved from the bugs thread:)

Edited by Cibit

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you both.

Sorry for misdirected thread.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS