Redding, CA Air Show

Revan

The Redding Air Show is in 2 days on Saturday and Sunday September 27, and 28.

It is at the Redding Municipal Airport, in Redding, CA, United States.

The official site is here: http://www.reddingairshow.org/#

Even though I am probably the only one that lives in the vicinity, I thought that I should share.

DCS: F-4E really needs to be a thing!!!!!!

Aircraft: A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, MiG-21, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, TF-51

I moved from Redding a year ago to Medford Oregon. Good to see another flight simmer in Redding.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

shasta college FTW!

i moved AWAY from redding back in 91 ---- go off to college : )

how's the heat up there this summer??

Well, it has been in the high nineties, and low 100s, but we are having some rain right now, it is around like 60 degrees.

And Shasta college is looking brown, as the"drought" has put HUGE (and I mean huge, like misdemeanor and arrest for over watering) water restrictions on everything.

Aircraft: A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, MiG-21, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, TF-51

Id be there of it weren't for a scheduled vacation! Didn't know they had one up that way. Just missed the one at Mather in Sacto!

OS: Win 8.1 | CPU: Intel i5 3570K OC'd @ 4.2 GHz | MOBO: ASROCK Z77 Extreme 6 | GPU: GeForce GTX 780 3GB V-RAM | RAM: Corsair 8GB DDR3 | Cougar Hotas / CH Pro Pedals / TrackIR4 :pilotfly:

I'm in Anderson, so pretty much all inbound traffic is right overhead. It's quite nice to hear all the noise...not including the thunder these last few days.

It'll clear up for tomorrow, but overcast on Sunday. It should still be a good weekend nonetheless.

Just got back from the airshow. Snowbirds are still going. They had to pause the performances like 4 times to accommodate CalFire planes.

Highlights: T-33 trainer, Mock dogfight between A6M Zero, F-6 Hellcat, and a B-25 Bomber. CF-18 Demo, and, of course the Snowbirds.

Haven't had the opportunity to get to an airshow for a couple of years, and I thoroughly enjoyed this one! I spent a lot of time hanging around where the performing aircraft were parked so I could watch them start up. The T-33 surprised me with the awesome bass growl when it first lit; very different from any modern jet engines I've ever heard.

I think the A-6M Zero was one of the biggest highlights of the show. Not many opportunities to see one of those flying!

In the static displays, I loved the replica Wright Model A and want very much to learn more about that project. Who built it, where, when, using what documentation? Obviously that little modern engine isn't authentic... how about the rest of the plane? Is it airworthy, or only for ground display? Man, I loved the looks of that bird.

Yeah, I can't do this year either, unfortunately. As a kid I was in Civil Air Patrol and we used to always work the airshows and other fly-ins both at the airport & at Benton.

There's also a program down in Red Bluff (held annually I think) where your kids can get a free ride in a private plane as sort of an introduction to aviation.

I love this area for that. A lot of aviation-rich things happening.

Now if people would stop setting stuff on fire...