Please correct!

heli3

After tons of hours flying the Black Shark I decided to spend money for one of my favourite helicopters, the Huey. Well spent money, really like it, but DCS UH-1H Huey still has some easy-to-solve errors that I am not liking:

First is the tail rotor pitch, wich is not animated whereas the product page says: Tail rotor pitch is animated and correctly translates anti-torque pedal input to the tail rotor.

Secondly, the cockpit vibration, not implemented. The two bladed rotor of the huey makes it a trully flying earthquake, and I dont feel any vibration in the cockpit. Maybe there's an option like that of DCS Black Shark (first version) where pressing left shift + J enables cockpit vibration, but it seems it doesnt, or at least I don't know the assignment. Please try to add some vibration effect in the cockpit if not done yet.

Is there any way to fly without copilot using the mission editor? If there isn't, it would be great to do so.

Also, when breaking the tail rotor the chopper spins too slow!

If you correct this, one of the greatest rotorcraft simulators will be yet so much better! :)

I am the owner of a spanish helicopter blog. Let me spam the simulation article :lol:

http://helitrastorno.blogspot.com.es/2012/03/simulacion.html

Greetings!

First is the tail rotor pitch, wich is not animated whereas the product page says: Tail rotor pitch is animated and correctly translates anti-torque pedal input to the tail rotor.

It is animated.

Secondly, the cockpit vibration, not implemented. The two bladed rotor of the huey makes it a trully flying earthquake, and I dont feel any vibration in the cockpit. Maybe there's an option like that of DCS Black Shark (first version) where pressing left shift + J enables cockpit vibration, but it seems it doesnt, or at least I don't know the assignment. Please try to add some vibration effect in the cockpit if not done yet.

There is vibration, namely while crossing into ETL and when at/around 120+KTS

Is there any way to fly without copilot using the mission editor? If there isn't, it would be great to do so.

I agree. But there's not really a benefit to doing so...

Also, when breaking the tail rotor the chopper spins too slow!

Debatable.

LG 34UC97 34" 3440x1440 monitor | 2x GTX-980 G1 Gaming

I7-5820k @ 3.3GHz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 2133Mhz

Samsung 840 EVO 120GB & 1TB SSDs | Seagate 3TB HDD

TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Left shift k x 2 will get things shaking then for the added bonus Lft Win + F1 will toggle head movement.

( This combination is fun but it can and will produce a vertigo effect and possible nausea ).

Enjoy !

You'll love flying in a REAL helicopter then... lol

Especially one out of track/ballance.:pilotfly:

I would also say vibration should be as realistic as possible and as standard upon installation.

The faint of heart should also have a possibility to reduce this realism.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

MI-8 has better vibration by the way.

Sweet girl is the MI-8.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Could you show o screenshots?

Here you go.

th_dcs2014-09-2617-27-57-37.png

th_dcs2014-09-2617-27-46-65.png

th_dcs2014-09-2617-27-51-90.png

th_dcs2014-09-2617-29-20-53.png

th_dcs2014-09-2617-29-11-09.png

th_dcs2014-09-2617-29-30-08.png

My only helicopter experience is in the Huey. Yes......does some pretty crazy stuff to your body and orientation as a whole the first several times you get airborne. Mind you....I have never piloted a Huey.....only ridden and repelled out. I ETS'ed right before the Blackhawks were really phased in.

It's been 30 years now since I did any of that kind of stuff. And yes....shaky!!! Even on start up they're friggin shaky. All I have to say about my experiences with them: Warrant officer.......good, scary in the good way less shaky. Butter bar........baad, scary in the bad way.

Even our Mike model UH-60's shake pretty bad some times with their active vibration control units. I can't even begin to imagine what a 2lt on controls of a Huey would feel like...

Edited by b00ce

• 1 month later...

So... I've discovered what causes the tail rotor pitch not to be displayed. Since I have a somewhat old computer I configured some graphical settings to low values, like visibility range. After doing some tests I noticed that this setting set to medium or high makes the external model of the Huey to look different from that of the low setting value. You can notice the door bullet hole, the thermometer and some gray grating on the top of the engine to appear and dissapear as shown here:

MrPve69.jpg

n74w6M3.jpg

And the most important, finally I got an animated tail rotor pitch :D

So, visibility range setting is affecting the external model of the aircraft, when it is supposed to only change how far out the buildings and other scenery stuff start popping up...

I also would notice a new bug I discovered. The collective throttle twist grip of the Huey moves correctly but does not makes its funcion properly. As I increase the throttle from minimum to full, the engine power does not increase until the twist grip reaches the limit. When twisting it to minium power, the engine starts decreasing power inmediately as the twist grip is moved to the right.

Also, the inability to remove the copilot from the cockpit is also an error reported by many DCS-friends since it limits visiblility to the left side.

I think you guys should take care of this...