Mission Editor questions (research yields zero results)

Blinxis

I was wondering if there is a tool within the Mission Editor that would allow me to group sets of air/ground/building assets and paste them in other parts of the map, while maintaining the "001" naming convention after the paste is complete. I find it a bit difficult to create a target area consisting of buildings/vehicles/ect and then pasting certain parts of that target area into another spot on the map. And if there isn't a method to do, then could this be a possible implementation into another update for the Mission Editor community?

Also, is there a way within the mission editor to have pre-planned "impact points" for the GPS guided weapons? I know you're able to pull coordinates from the TGP and drop from there, but GPS guided weapons can already have impact points assigned to them before the aircraft leaves the ground (or gets uploaded to the weapons before release).

Guidance is facilitated through a tail control system and a GPS-aided inertial navigation system (INS). The navigation system is initialized by transfer alignment from the aircraft that provides position and velocity vectors from the aircraft systems. Once released from the aircraft, the JDAM autonomously navigates to the designated target coordinates. Target coordinates can be loaded into the aircraft before takeoff, manually altered by the aircrew in flight prior to weapon release, or entered by a datalink from onboard targeting equipment, such as the LITENING II or "Sniper" targeting pods. In its most accurate mode, the JDAM system will provide a minimum weapon accuracy CEP of five meters or less when a GPS signal is available. If the GPS signal is jammed or lost, the JDAM can still achieve a 30 meter CEP or less for free flight times up to 100 seconds.

Maybe these tools are right in front of me, and I'm missing them? Either way this would be a really neat implementation to the game if they already haven't been done so.

Thank you for reading!

Ctrl C and Ctrl V work on groups. It's clumsy for static objects though since they can only have one unit per group. You can also make templates for ground units. A template is a ground unit group of any size and composition that can be added to the map from the template's menu.

I don't think there is a way to preprogram JDAM coordinates.

• Like 1

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Ctrl C and Ctrl V work on groups. It's clumsy for static objects though since they can only have one unit per group. You can also make templates for ground units. A template is a ground unit group of any size and composition that can be added to the map from the template's menu.

I don't think there is a way to preprogram JDAM coordinates.

Ah ok. How about clicking and dragging the cursor to select multiple objects (buildings for example) and ctrl v to paste those selected buildings? I've been messing with the template tool, and it took me a while to learn it. Very nifty if you ask me. But I like to mess with static buildings to create facilities that I can target, and then from there copy the same facility layout in other areas of the map.

It's a shame you can't get preplanned coordinates. As a guy who works with JDAMs, I feel as though that it's a pretty big factor to be missing from the game. It would definitely give the "mission planners" an additional option for creating a deliberate planning scheme inside a dynamic environment. That and TLAMs...my god they need to implement those so bad! I can see mission editors everywhere creating flight paths for them. :book: