Changing the HUD elements size

Wizard1393

• 1 year later...
On 9/26/2014 at 6:07 AM, chrisofsweden said:

Thanks for your answers guys. Yes, I read one of the lengthier threads on this topic now, http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=68821 and it became more clear to me.

As I understand it, if we really could shrink the size of the HUD Elements to be able to view all of it at the correct head position, then, when we would lean in, we would also see a huge HUD frame but with a tiny HUD "picture" in the middle of it.

Is it really confirmed fact, that IRL, most of the HUD is obscured when the pilot sits in a natural position?

Do they really lean in alot to see all of it?

Im not sure it matters what is Real - the HUD is no good to play in the SIM.... We are not sitting in the airplane and not all want VR - Track IR perhaps.  Compare the A10 Hud in DCS to other A10 models or other aircraft in DCS... we want that. Can we change  the .LUA - I did this in the old version and seemed helpful - I have to locate those notes.

On 2/7/2020 at 6:10 AM, LA1 said:

you can also move the seat up and down, its in controls with no assignment . i assigned the tilde/apostrophe key for up seat and shift+tilde apostrophe for down

There is a seat adjustment button on the left of the cokcpit ... it worked for me.

Using R-Ctrl + R-Shift+ the number pad keys and the * and \, will adjust your view point( differently than zoom in and out and seat height). Use the r-ctrl+r-shift+ controls to get the hud positioned correctly and be able to see your warning/ info lights just below above the mfd’s. then use r-alt+numberpad 0 to save that as the default view position, then you can zoom in and out and adjust seat height separately to see what you want and you can get 95% of everything in the HUD Visible. Just went through a bunch of posts last night doing the same thing. I use trackIR, also have MFD’s setup on a small screen in front  of me with MFD Cougars so I like my view zoomed in a fair amount since I don’t need the mfd’s in the cockpit. If you zoom the viewpoint in too far to see too much of the HUD its will take away some of the overall zoom. Now if you’re going for the exact proper seating position like a real a-10 pilot then you pro wont see all of the HUD unless you have VR or lean a bit with head tracking. I didn’t know about the r-Ctrl+r-shift+ numpad commands for view until last night.. game changer on cockpit setups for me!  In the f-16 I always changed seat height for ccip bombing and for landing since the indicators go below the HUD.. now I basically zoomed that eye-point in so more of the HUD info is visible albeit smaller, and now I don’t need to constantly adjust seat height. 

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

• 1 month later...