[RESOLVED/OPEN] From russian bug threads

GUMAR

Thanks for the compilation.

We've been following the Russian section; but we don't post much because of the language barrier (also sometimes we don't understand something when it is translated).

LeatherNeck staff, I really admire your customer service. You pay very much attention to the feedback and working hard to solve all the bugs reported.

Now with these bugs list made by MiG experts you have the opportunity to iron them out and offer the best MiG-21 simulation ever

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

RSBN

1. The RSBN distance indicator has to remember the last number, not to reset to zero if a pilot switches off RSBN power and switches on it then.

2. Our RSBN station saves 40 channels in all (not 40 for the navigation and 40 for landing).

3. Channel 0 (zero) doesn't exist.

4. An unstable radionavigation zone (or a dead zone but I am not pretty sure of this term) around an RSBN beacon is no more than:

H=3 km R=3 km

H=5 km R=5 km.

Where H -- altitude above a beacon, R -- radius of such a zone.

5. Types of RSBN channels (navigation -- landing) have no relation.

For example: Channel 1 (navigation) -- Sukhumi, channel 1 (landing) -- Kobuleti.

My English is still far from perfect. I hope you will understand all I have written.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2204265&postcount=150

In the russian MiG-21 flight manual there is a note about using the emergency afterburner. It can't be used on the ground. It's just not activated while gear is down.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2205267&postcount=151

Interesting. In the english flight manual for the MiG-21bis, it says:

"To reduce the takeoff run length, to shorten the time of aircraft acceleration after the landing gear is retracted, or to augment the rate of climb at altitudes below 4000m the second (emergency) power setting may be used."

I am assuming if it reduces the takeoff run length, that means it must work while on the ground.

"To reduce the takeoff run length, to shorten the time of aircraft acceleration after the landing gear is retracted, or to augment the rate of climb at altitudes below 4000m the second (emergency) power setting may be used."

I am assuming if it reduces the takeoff run length, that means it must work while on the ground.

Exactly, I have seen this note from the english FM too, however there are some incorrect things in that FM, for example information about mounted RSBN-6S, but it hasn't been mounted into the plane in real. Nevertheless the russian FM' have no such information. I guess Novak could say exactly how things go.

The fuel system

No illumination of "1th fuel tank group" and "3rd fuel tank group" warning lights if 1th and 3rd fuel tank group pump switches are off, even by pushing the control light knobs. (In a real MiG)

The warning light "450l remaining" has to illuminate while the fuel system of the plane has less than 450l - 100 +50l remaining fuel, excluding drop tanks. An example: if a plane has 0 fuel internally but has filled drop tanks, the warning light has to illuminate anyway, because that light linked to a float switch in the fuselage fuel tank system of the plane.

The warning light "Dispenser fuel tank" has to fade if the dispenser fuel tank pump switch is on (of course if there is fuel). In the game it fades only when 3rd fuel tank group switch is on.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2204237&postcount=149

The plane is able to start an engine up even without fuel in the fuselage fuel tanks (but with drop tanks). In real MiG-21 it's impossible.

Edited by Mode

It would be better to tune ARK-9 channels in mission editor, like comm. chanels, because most of aerodromes have same freq for MM and IM for both directions of RWY.

I know that I can go to R_NAV.lua and edit, as I want, but "making" NDB by writing its coordinates is erroneous. It must be same as in all DCS aircrafts. ADF must tune to NDBs frequency.

IMHO.

And also check please IAS gauge. In real life it can't indicate very low speeds. That kind of indicator, with that kind of pito tube can't "feel" speed below 70 kph definitely. I think Novak knows that, so just don't forget it.

Edited by GUMAR
Added

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Реальные хотелки к ЛО3 по Су-25 в основном...

ASRock PG9, i-5 9600KF, MSI 2080Ti, 32GB 3466

In the russian MiG-21 flight manual there is a note about using the emergency afterburner. It can't be used on the ground. It's just not activated while gear is down.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2205267&postcount=151

English manual page 82 Number 23 describes engine warm up and/or testing. The interesting part is in Numer 24. Tied down aircraft for checking full throttle, reheat and second reheat. According to you statement this procedure should not be possible for the second reheat.

I´d say so as well.

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

English manual page 82 Number 23 describes engine warm up and/or testing. The interesting part is in Numer 24. Tied down aircraft for checking full throttle, reheat and second reheat. According to you statement this procedure should not be possible for the second reheat.

Well, in russian MiG-21 FM's there is no info about the second afterburner during take off at all. Considering some kinds of inaccuracies in the english one I guess there are inaccuracies in there as well. I suppose the emergency afterburner can't be used during take off, without reference to checking procedures. We need to hear a Novak's opinion.

P.S.

Originally that's not my statement, that's an opinion of a guy from the russian section.

• Like 1

Well, in russian MiG-21 FM's there is no info about the second afterburner during take off at all. Considering some kinds of inaccuracies in the english one I guess there are inaccuracies in there as well. I suppose the emergency afterburner can't be used during take off, without reference to checking procedures. We need to hear a Novak's opinion.

Check english manual page 86 "Concrete-Runway Takeoff" paragraph 36:

"...It is also permissible to use second reheat power for takeoff, in order to reduce the takeoff run length, obtain a higher rate of aircraft acceleration in second-segment climb as well as to increase the rate of climb up to an altitude of 4000m. ... Under positive ambient air temperature, the second reheat may get engaged with a certain delay, in the course of takeoff run."

The other way round it says that under negative ambient air temperature there is no delay in engagement of the second reheat in the course of the takeoff run.

That makes it clear to me, that this is not sloppy translation, because it is the second time that second reheat is mentioned for the takeoff run.

I have yet to read something like "no second reheat available as long as the gear is extended". At least a "Warning" or "Note" should be there, as it would mean that you don´t have the emergency power available in a go around as long as the gear is extended.

But I have not finished reading the whole manual.

As I don´t have the russian manual, please check the corresponding paragraph in the russian version.

P.S.

Originally that's not my statement, that's an opinion of a guy from the russian section.

Thank you for posting this -translated- in the english forum.

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

"...It is also permissible to use second reheat power for takeoff, in order to reduce the takeoff run length, obtain a higher rate of aircraft acceleration in second-segment climb as well as to increase the rate of climb up to an altitude of 4000m. ... Under positive ambient air temperature, the second reheat may get engaged with a certain delay, in the course of takeoff run."

I have said already I saw this text in the english one. However there is an opinion that it's a wrong note (about using the afterburner on the ground). It's not sloppy translation, right. I really don't know how it's going on in real life.

The other way round it says that under negative ambient air temperature there is no delay in engagement of the second reheat in the course of the takeoff run.

That makes it clear to me, that this is not sloppy translation, because it is the second time that second reheat is mentioned for the takeoff run.

I have yet to read something like "no second reheat available as long as the gear is extended". At least a "Warning" or "Note" should be there, as it would mean that you don´t have the emergency power available in a go around as long as the gear is extended.

But I have not finished reading the whole manual.

As I don´t have the russian manual, please check the corresponding paragraph in the russian version.

In the russian one there is an analogous note regarding the second reheat, however no info about using it during take off.

Thank you for posting this -translated- in the english forum.

Fox

Not at all.

Edited by Mode

ASO containers and the drag chute

ASO containers are not available in the airfields' stores. So a player can't take them if weapon resources are limited.

Fixed.

The drag chute can be deployed when the plane is airborne but the chute doesn't take damage and a plane may continue to fly with a chute deployed.

Edited by Mode

• 2 months later...

The hydro systems and the rudder

Hydro systems' pressure is dropping too fast after the engine is stopped. In reality the plane has the NP27T - hydro station (a pump), that provides proper pressure from 165 kgf/cm2 up to 195 kgf/cm2 during around 15 minutes (estimated time of batteries' discharging) with stopped engine. The hydro station has to switch on automatically if pressure is lower than 165 kgf/cm2 and switch off at 180 kgf/cm2. If the station and the engine are off hydro systems' pressure has to drop from 180 kgf/cm2 up to 150 kgf/cm2 for 2.5 minutes.

The rudders have no link with hydro systems, only direct control from pedals to a control surface, thus deflections of pedals haven't to affect on the pressure.

The presented data are from this post: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2289992&postcount=520

Edited by Mode

• 4 weeks later...

same in East German Manual (surely translated from the russian manual). But at these low speeds, like takeoff, no real advantage.

Fox

• 1 month later...

После обновления, исчез модуль. Пропала компания, и вкладка Миг-21 из быстрого старта. В самом WORLD модуль значится как установленный. Когда пытаешься загрузить самолет, он появляется в таком виде, причем сим не откликается на клавиатуру и джой. Помогает только Ctrl Alt Del.

230da25ac768.jpg"]230da25ac768.jpg[/url]

i7-8700K@3,7GHz | Asus ROG MAXIMUS X FORMULA | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600Mhz 32Gb | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080Ti 12Gb | SSD Samsung 970 PRO 512GB | HDD 4 GB | NZXT Kraken X72 | Corsair HX1000i | Corsair Graphite Series 780T | TM Hotas Warthog | TM Hotas Cougar | VPC WarBRD MT-50CM Flightstick | Stick Suncom F-15E Talon + BRD Base | BRD Mi-8 Pedals | TrackIR4

После обновления, исчез модуль. Пропала компания, и вкладка Миг-21 из быстрого старта. В самом WORLD модуль значится как установленный. Когда пытаешься загрузить самолет, он появляется в таком виде, причем сим не откликается на клавиатуру и джой. Помогает только Ctrl Alt Del.

This is an ENGLISH section. No russian please!

Edited by Harle

• 4 weeks later...

Second reheat (ChR) can be used on ground. In essence, the engine control system does not recognize if the aircraft is on ground or no - it will measure external pressure (aircraft must be below ~4000m) and full reheat must be on to provide conditions for the proper ChR ignition.

Main reason why it is not mentioned/used often are:

- increased engine instability on low speed,

- irrationally increased fuel consumption.

Drag chute in the air ... I will check it.

Missing cockpit after the update -> one or more MiG-21 entry Lua files are corrupted or contain some errors. I can't tell which those could be since it depends from case to case, but good place to start inspection could be the mainpanel file.

Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 6 months later...

I have discovered more about SORC light. I thought DCS MiG-21 was keeping SORC light on because caution condition still existed instead of dismiss on one press regardless if caution condition still exists like real aircraft.

However it is different than that. Instead for sim it is queuing up multiple cautions in a row with a memory. So you press SORC to extinguish and it continues to flash, OK wrong, but if you press it 5, 6, 7 times it will go off because you clear all the history of SORC events.

Good news: SORC is able to be extinguished even if trigger event remains (correct).

Bad news: SORC is remembering a backlog of events requiring one click per extinguish (incorrect).

??? news: Battery on first time, 6 SORC to clear, turn off battery, turn on battery, 0 SORC to clear.

• 4 months later...