Huey can't stand still on a CG-60 Normandy platform

BiBa

One of the thrilling landing experience with the Huey is to land on a moving CG-60 ship platform.

There is a problem though, once landed, is that the Huey keeps on sliding forward very slowly, which leads to a crash against the wall. The faster is the CG-60, the faster is the slippery.

The same problem also occurs with a cold start from the CG-60 Normandy before startup!

This bug needs definitely a fix!

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

One of the thrilling landing experience with the Huey is to land on a moving CG-60 ship platform.

Landing! On a ship! I can barely land on solid ground!!

But yeah, I've noticed the "can't sit still" bug on ships when I played the 1st mission of the user made campaign Crazy Horse. Luckily it was a hot start and I got up before I slid into the drink!

Been like that for a while.

Blackshark moves around too.

You CAN land on a moving train, however...

LG 34UC97 34" 3440x1440 monitor | 2x GTX-980 G1 Gaming

I7-5820k @ 3.3GHz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 2133Mhz

Samsung 840 EVO 120GB & 1TB SSDs | Seagate 3TB HDD

TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Proof or it did,nt happen:P

I keep falling off:lol:

You CAN land on a moving train, however...

Proof enough? :joystick:

• Like 1

LG 34UC97 34" 3440x1440 monitor | 2x GTX-980 G1 Gaming

I7-5820k @ 3.3GHz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 2133Mhz

Samsung 840 EVO 120GB & 1TB SSDs | Seagate 3TB HDD

TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

I tried the same with those yellow buses... ever since there is this "Wanted" poster all over Batumi.

"Ten Schoolbuses destroyed by Vandal Chopper Pilot - Wanted dead or alive"

They explode as soon as you touch one, trucks too.

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

In the Mission Editor, I would like to design a Heli cold start from a moving CG-60 ship's platform, but with this bug, before the motor is powered on and flight ready, you're dead!

So the main question remains:

Why does it take the DCS programmers so long to fix up this old known problem?

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

Guys please - this thread is not about destroying Buses, but rather about solving a bug with the crash on the ship platform.

The cause is getting lost. Putting too much diversion from the main topic makes it harder for the moderator to follow up. They're already overwhelmed with too much work. It's recommendable to keep threads on Bugs and problem efficiently pragmatic.

It would be more interesting with feedback on ideas of what is theoretically causing the slipping effect and how it can be solved. Thanks...

I am positive they are well aware of this issue since it has been discussed as far back as 124

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=105870

I am also sure they have a punch list of items prioritized that have been temporarily back seated due to the development of EDGE

They have already released 4 complete AC since I have been onboard which is pretty damn impressive IMO

More than likely this will be addressed and fixed with the release of DCSW2

I am positive they are well aware of this issue since it has been discussed as far back as 124

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=105870

I am also sure they have a punch list of items prioritized that have been temporarily back seated due to the development of EDGE

They have already released 4 complete AC since I have been onboard which is pretty damn impressive IMO

More than likely this will be addressed and fixed with the release of DCSW2

Appreciate what you said but this is a general bug since forever and this thread will not be instrumental in finding a fix

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why does it take the DCS programmers so long to fix up this old known problem?
I assume it is because none of the aircraft in DCS are dedicated for naval aviation (although I was surprised that it wasn't fixed back when they added naval takeoff to the Ka-50). This bug will have to be fixed when carrier ops gets an overhaul for DCS: F-18C.

Cause they were working ona new Engine which has better phisics and dynamics. current engine is a tad dated in its core.
I don't think EDGE has anything to do with dynamics.

Appreciate what you said but this is a general bug since forever and this thread will not be instrumental in finding a fix
Yeah, that. This bug has been around since the very first release of DCS: Black Shark.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...This bug has been around since the very first release of DCS: Black Shark.
Here's a thought for thought - since this slippery business is as old as the Black Shark paling soon into white out of shame, the only logical explanation I could figure out is the following:

As I do have enough 3D Max experience to presume, that both objects, Ship and Heli underline the same porter speed, which is in this case the ship, and since the Heli always slips exactly in the same direction as the ship without any angle deviation, it seems that there is a water friction that is exerting minor retardment on the ship, but NOT on the Heli! It's the same physical algorithm applied as when for e.g. tires touch the ground, but with different parameter.

If that's the cause, the programmer only needs to count in the same water friction speed braking on the Heli, as soon as it touches the ship's platform.

Hope I'm right :book: