Mig-21bis - Quick Startup Guide (pdf)

Utirvik

Hello,

Here is a pdf file on the startup procedure based on the video tutorial provided with the Mig-21 module.

This is my first contribution of that kind. Suggestions are much appreciated ;)

Have fun.

Utirvik

EDIT : Uploaded corrected pdf (V1.1) due to mistake reported by 51Grizzly (thkx buddy ;))

EDIT#2 (19Jan2015) :

Here is a improved version (V2) in-game kneeboard ready.

Open the RAR file.

Read the included txt file to know where to extract the PNG files.

Mig21bis Quick Startup Guide V1_1.pdf

Quick start V2.rar

Edited by Utirvik
  • Like 4

Thx m8!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]- I5 3570K @4.2ghz | ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe | Intel® Thermal Solution RTS2011LC | G.Skill Ares 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | MSI N760 2GD5/OC ITX| 2x Corsair CSSD-F60GBGT-BK | Western Digital WD10EALX 1TB | HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 | Win 7

This! Thanks a lot!

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

By the way; a question.

We flip up the "APU Start" switch, but after completed engine start-up process, isn't it needed to turn down?

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

By the way; a question.

We flip up the "APU Start" switch, but after completed engine start-up process, isn't it needed to turn down?

Don't quote me on this, because I'm guessing now.

I don't think the "APU" here is an equivalent to what we are used to in the A-10 and other aircraft.

The function of the switch could simply be to enable the starter motor to operate upon request. Similar to the Sapphire starter found in the L-39, IIRC it's a turbine with the sole purpose of starting the engine.

http://www.masterarms.se A Swedish Combat Flight Simulator Community.

@Devrim & @Ralgha

This guide has been made according to the lesson video provided by LN. If you follow this lesson, you will notice that the APU remain ON for the rest of the flight.

Similarly the pilot call for the ground crew in order to get ground power.

@Davros23 : Personally I don't request the ground power & I intentionally forget this part of the guide. My opinion is you don't need the GND PWR if your batteries are in good health. Possibly someone has got a good explanation to provide us.

@Lilkiki

You had a very good idea by converting the pdf to png and include it to the kneeboard. This is my first contribution to DCS community and what you did is the best gratitude I could get from my work ;)

Edited by Utirvik

Very cool, very short and descriptive.

I would suggest an addendum after the last page - how to arm the RATO pack so it'll kick off at takeoff. First time I used it I didn't see it in the manual and took off without it, only to accidentally start it in the air. Made for quite a wild ride.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Real men fly ground attack :pilotfly: where EVERYTHING wants a piece of you :D

• 3 months later...

The file is in the last issue of PC Pilot. :cheer3nc::cheer3nc:

Thanks go to Lilkiki who made it available in the sim. :thumbup:

About the RATO Pack this goes beyond the sartup procedure.

I may consider doing something else for take-off, navigation and weapon use.