Switch over.

Am in the process of building my new system and it came to my mind that I might need to deactivate DCSW before I move the hard drives over that the operating system and DCSW are each installed on. Am I correct that ED (DCSW) is protected to the point that if one replaces major components that it requires a new activation for the new system. Thanks for any direction and I apologize if I placed this on the wrong forum.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

You're correct, if I get you right.

I've just bought +8GB RAM recently. I didn't need unactivate or something. Little changes don't need this, but you'd better to un-activate all modules before re-building your system.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Thanks

You're correct, if I get you right.

I've just bought +8GB RAM recently. I didn't need unactivate or something. Little changes don't need this, but you'd better to un-activate all modules before re-building your system.

I thought I had read that somewhere on these forums but couldn't find anything using the "Search" option.

New system:

i-5 Devils Canyon 4690K

ASUS Z-97 MB

16MB G-Skill DDR3 1866

Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler

Corsair AX1200i PSU'

ASUS 780GTX X2 in SLI

and will be moving my current storage over from the old system;

Samsung SSD

500GB Hard Drive

Should do the job until we find out what EDGE demands will be. May have to adjust from that point.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

From the A-10C manual:

An activation will be required if the hardware/software changes exceed 12

points as rated below:

CPU ID: 13

Windows PID: 3

Computer Name: 3

Hard drive volume serial number: 3

MAC address: 6

RAM amount: 6

If you just uninstall game and then reinstall it again on the same PC without reinstalling your operating system or changing hardware, you do not need to use a deactivation.

• Like 1