HELP re: Options / Hotas Profiles (.lau) files

SnowTiger

Can someone please help me regarding my Profiles.

I have been having some really serious and frustrating issues lately, especially again Today.

I have written about this in someone else's thread.

Please refer to THIS POST.

I am anxious to resolve this issue so I NEVER have to re-create my Hotas Profiles in DCS ever again !!!

Please and Thanks

SnowTiger:joystick:

Updates shouldn't change/clear/delete your profiles, as they are saved in your /Users/[username]/Saved Games/ folder. I have never had to recreate a profile.

Are you sure you are selecting the correct column (i.e. your HOTAS, and not keyboard, pedals etc) when you load a saved profile?

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

I agree they shouldn't, but the latest update actually Deleted 2 profiles. I actually save them on a different hard drive (with partitions). They were there a few days ... then gone.

The last profiles where actually saved in 2 locations .. thinking I'd have backups if the originals got deleted again.

But I was starting to think differently about the whole Options Profiles Saves.

If interested, please refer to THIS POST.

Thanks.

SnowTiger:joystick:

Im not exactly sure there snow tiger...

My profiles are saved under C:\Users\Your Computer Name Here\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input

In that folder, I have a profile for each separate module/aircraft. So I would assume that if you wanted a back up of your profiles, that you would need to just copy that input folder.

I remember switching aircraft before without clicking the save button and it did not keep my changes for that aircraft. I have not checked to see if that has changed. I would assume not. I would just save your profile and changes before moving on to the next aircraft.

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

The devs are pretty good at deprecating the control LUAs, but I've learned over time that in the end it's better to just re-key everything. There may be some subtle change to the file that can cause intermittent issues. I created a diagram for myself and find that it's pretty quick and easy to key it back in due to the friendly interface. Here's my profile: Analysis Results: KA-50 and WH HOTAS

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

I had a similar issue, as the *lua's for profiles have been altered. they are now diff.lua files if I'm correct. So I had trouble importing my old profiles after they had been reset.

In my case, most of my Profiles are kept in the saitek SST software as my stick is configured in external software. Some parts however are subject to DCS keybindings, as I use functions on the Stick which don't have a key assigned by default. And I need a button press in order to program it in the SST.

Apart from that, if I recall correctly I had this kind of issue when something has been added or changed in terms of keybindings, e.g. adding commands for handling external loads in the huey. I'm not sure if my profile was reset, but importing my profiles would lead to not having the new commands, as they are not listed in the export file...

I oddly had similar issues the last couple of days after a harddrive failure. Maverick is correct that the new profile names are dif.lua files rather than .lua (not sure if dcs automatically creates new file types of each Lua). Only diff.lua files can be loaded into the game folders. Funny though that in the saved game folders there are boh file types but when you go into each input folder of each aircraft in DCSW main folder there are only lua files. Although the only solution I had was to re enter everything. Which was a total downer!

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |