Oxygen runs out?

SilentGun

I was flying at Angels 26 for like 10 minutes And my pilot started getting hypoxia so I flipped on the oxygen 100% and he felt fine for about 5 more minutes then he started getting dizzy again. So how much oxygen does the mig carry? And is that feature even implemented yet?

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

It's not a bug, it's a feature - just mistakenly duplicated from secret F-22 module in development.

That didn't take long ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

I think this might be improved in the latest patch. Before updating, I did a flight where I climbed to 10km and then stayed at or slightly above that altitude until the oxygen pressure gauge read 40. That took 23 minutes from the start of the takeoff roll. After the patch, I did the same thing, and it took 40 minutes.

So allowing for a few minutes at the start of the mission where no oxygen is used, it seems like it lasts about twice as long now in that test. Either that or I messed up the test somehow. Anyone else have any results to share?

Oxygen is definitely better this patch, however still quite bugged. I started to get hypoxia when the oxygen meter was ~50 mark. That was after ~20 minutes flight @ 7000 meters. So the strange thing is: still some oxygen but hypoxia.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Oxygen is definitely better this patch, however still quite bugged. I started to get hypoxia when the oxygen meter was ~50 mark. That was after ~20 minutes flight @ 7000 meters. So the strange thing is: still some oxygen but hypoxia.

I had the same thing happen to me yesterday, in a mission flown at 7,000-7,500m for quite a long time. The gauge read 50 for me as well. When going through the startup for that mission, I accidentally clicked on the wrong lever to lock the canopy and ended up locking it and sealing it in one click. I don't know if that resulted in an unpressurized cockpit (the cabin altimeter read 3,000m like it normally does) but perhaps that is a factor.

I am getting a impression that the oxygen issue is a bit bigger than just the oxygen system itself, perhaps there is a issue with how hypoxia is implemented? Is that even something that can change from module to module?

Either way, I keep hoping that there will be a fix for this soon, it does limit what one can really do in the aircraft.

A bit more on the subject. Apparently my problem was that I did not operate Air/100% oxygen switch correctly. Up to ~5000 meters it's OK on air. Above that I needed to switch to oxygen for longer flights. And with the 100% oxygen on I was able to cruise at 10.000m for a decent amout of time before the reserves depleted. In fact, it happened just before it was time to decent with just a bit of fuel left.

So, overall, I consider oxygen system fixed for me :)

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

A bit more on the subject. Apparently my problem was that I did not operate Air/100% oxygen switch correctly. Up to ~5000 meters it's OK on air. Above that I needed to switch to oxygen for longer flights. And with the 100% oxygen on I was able to cruise at 10.000m for a decent amout of time before the reserves depleted. In fact, it happened just before it was time to decent with just a bit of fuel left.

So, overall, I consider oxygen system fixed for me :)

How long were you actually able to fly with 100% oxygen on before it depleted? I mean, the point of the issue is that the oxygen should last (unless my assumptions are wrong) much, much longer than it does.

Perhaps the dev's could provide more info in terms of just how long the oxygen is supposed to last.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, guys!

I noticed the oxygen is flowing even with the blue oxygen/mixture turned off. The oxygen indicator was 150 when I started the sim then about 5 minutes later the oxygen indicator got to about 142. Please see attached. Thanks!

Cheers,

Vincent

image.thumb.jpg.644c424fca412ab7c265de65b5423e99.jpg

Edited by Vinny002

Hi, guys!

The oxygen indicator is now down to 50 since it has been a couple of hours ago since the oxygen indicator was about 142. I think the oxygen supply in the Mig-21 lasts for about 10-12 hours and plus the oxygen is not suppose to be running when the blue oxygen/mixture is off. Please see attached. Thanks!

Cheers,

Vincent

image.thumb.jpg.8c3412df0165981e1dea3e63fcfc7815.jpg

Hi, guys!

I did some tests with the oxygen on the mig-21. The oxygen supply goes from 150 to 0 with the blue 100% oxygen off in about 2 and a half hours, but with the blue 100% oxygen on, the oxygen supply goes from 50 to 0 in about 14 minutes or from 150 to 0 in about 42 minutes. Better, but the oxygen supply still needs some improvement. Thanks!

Cheers,

Vincent

Yep, at least you now have an option not to get the hypoxia when running at altitude and 100% oxygen on. Now regarding the duration - MiG-21 has extremely short range. Even with 2x450l and 1x800l drop tanks flying ~10.000m @ 950 km/h fuel runs out almost before the oxygen does.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, guys!

I got the DCS world 1.2.11 open beta yesterday. The oxygen supply lasts for about 55 minutes to an hour. Better but I think the oxygen supply lasts longer than an hour.. The oxygen supply in the Mig-21bis should last as long as the oxygen supply in the A-10C. Thanks!

Cheers,

Vincent

Hi, Esac mirmidon!

I don't why. Yes, the oxygen system in the Mig-21bis is the same as the A-10C's oxygen system or very similar. I don't know what the oxygen flow rate is. The oxygen capacity in the Mig-21bis might have the same oxygen capacity as the A-10C but I'm not sure.

Cheers,

Vincent