Livestreaming DCS modules

I have started to get back into these sims again and wanted to show my friends last night how complex they are. I tried hooking OBS into flaming cliffs 3 and it would just freeze and crash the game. I havent run into this problem streaming any other games so im at a loss for fixes. Does anyone else livestream DCS and if so what program are you using and how are you capturing the game?

AMD FX-8350 w/ Coolermaster V8 GTS

ASUS M5A99FX PRO

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB

EVGA GTX 770 Superclocked Dual-X 4GB

LG 27in IPS Monitor (primary)

ASUS VH236H 24" Monitor (secondary)

ASUS Xonar DG Soundcard

Roccat Kave 5.1 Headset

Steelseries Apex

Steelseries Rival

Saitek x52

I make my recommendations based on experience not affiliation but;

XSplit now does a free version called Gamecaster. The previous version i trialled (xplit broadcaster was exceptional but the payment was excessive)

ATI bundles some streaming software with it's catalyst software and this actually works well, but sadly had to remove the software because it could get messy hooking into your apps and was want to run my SSD into the ground for temp files and this was harcoded. So i got rid of it. But it did work well and was flexible for local and remote streaming inclusing running all the time as a PVR would for last 30 sec replays which is a lovely idea.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Also fwiw I tried OBS and lasted 48 hours before removing it. Perhaps because i was spoiled with commercial alternatives at the time and wanted a very specific feature. I didn't find the compression and hardware performance particularly good but have no figures to back that up with.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I started streaming with xsplit and wasn't very happy with how many features were removed in the free version, currently with obs I'm able to stream 1080p at 2500 bit rate. I also don't have an ATI card, don't care for catalyst, so using that option doesn't work. Nvidia shadow play only works well with games stamped with Nvidias mark. So I'm back to obs. Hijack how did you get obs to capture dcs?

ASUS M5A99FX PRO

ASUS Xonar DG Soundcard

Roccat Kave 5.1 Headset

Steelseries Apex

Steelseries Rival

Saitek x52

With OBS I'm streaming 1080p at 3500 bit rate from DCS as I got a FAT line :D I did not do any special settings except for increasing the bit rate and setting 30 fps. Tried both selecting the monitor and 1920 x 1080 and both works fine.

I also looked at the XStream but if you want to stream with that software you need to buy it. The free option is really no option at all :music_whistling:

OBS works just fine for me...never had a crash. I can collect all my settings for you tonight if that would help you!?

so long try "game capture" and keep in mind that the DCS menu is kind of an own app for OBS so you might have to do an extra module for that or just dont show the time u r on the menu on stream.

Edited by Weltensegler

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

i tried using game capture as well as monitor capture locks up when it tries to hook. Are you guys launching through steam?

ASUS M5A99FX PRO

ASUS Xonar DG Soundcard

Roccat Kave 5.1 Headset

Steelseries Apex

Steelseries Rival

Saitek x52

• 4 months later...

Going to bump this thread to those who are still looking for a solution to run OBS with DCS. I found a remedy for this, run DCS in windowed(uncheck full screen in options) and run OBS as administrator bind OBS to DCS as window capture. Cheers..