Never seen this before. :)

After setting CPUZ to Vmem Max it was 335 at the start, after DCS did its thing at flipped. The vmem was pegged at 2041 and after Ctrl ,alt, del it was back down to the 300's..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

What I thought. So any additional texture swapping from normal RAM to the graphics card vRAM that would exceed 7MB might end in disaster. That could explain it.

Any hiccup and the texture isn't swapped in time, frame buffer renders the screen without it (?) and you might get that result?

I am speculating here, but from what I know about graphics cards it seems possible.

Does it only happen near the airport when a lot of aircraft are around, or anywhere on the map, respectively in singleplayer at the same area? Any texture mods you use like ground textures, buildings and Rangers objects, WWII units mods? These are very detailed.

If it is only stock DCS and happens also, it seems too many individual textured planes in the area that need to preload their textures?

May be VA can try to repeat more of the same textured planes... Thinking of every single skin available in one scene might get a huge count of preloaded textures?

Again, just ideas, I can't guarantee this is the root cause.

Anybody experiencing this issue have a graphics card with 3GB or more and still getting that missing textures?

If yes, can you please check vRAM max usage and post here as that would be clearly disproving my theory and we need to look for another root cause.

Thanks in advance.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Most of the times that it has happened I was Rearming, A few times I was in the air. Also was not on the VA server was on the Open Conflict if that matters? I've also shut down all the mods that i run and will see if it still happens? And Thanks for all the help:thumbup:

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

This is my latest mishap on the issue and was in the Open Conflict server...

I'm going to put money on the submarines because ever since they've been added, IMO this has happened too me and I notice that they were present in that server on that map.

Screen_150518_222429.thumb.jpg.4ca2a6ff4b8a73998b333552c8358b68.jpg

Anyone getting this with more than 2GB vRAM?

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

This is my latest mishap on the issue and was in the Open Conflict server...

I'm going to put money on the submarines because ever since they've been added, IMO this has happened too me and I notice that they were present in that server on that map.

Just one object is unlikely to produce such a load... Any other texture mods in use?

Shagrat

No I run stock. No mods since 1.2.7.( vRAM) as in the graphics card (2GB)... Well I suppose I could just submit my specs...

• Processor: AMD Phenom II X2 550 3.10 GHz
  • RAM: 4.00 GB
  • System Type: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit OS
  • GPU: GeForce GTX 550 Ti 2GB
  • Hard Disk Drive: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120GB ATA
  • Joystick: T.Flight Stick X HOTAS

1155849519_Myrig.png.da89edf29e11df935ccb858ad2542b76.png

Edited by Razgriz_37

Was on OC server last nite and talk to mirk(host) about the trouble we been having there are 4 subs that are static on the server but he does state in the brief that he has changed some of the textures so that could clear this up clear..and I flew last nite on the TFP server for about 2 hrs with out any trouble...I guess talking to the guys from the VA server may lead down the same road?thx for all the help..shagrat I would rep ya Brother but the whole need to spread it around thing..:megalol:

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

No I run stock. No mods since 1.2.7.( vRAM) as in the graphics card (2GB)... Well I suppose I could just submit my specs...

OK, your rig is quite normal and well within required specs. The 550ti is similar to my old 560 which was never a problem apart from FPS max.

But anyway it shouldn't be a problem if the host is running a texture mod?

Usually the texture names remain and only files are exchanged locally. That wouldn't affect clients as they load their stock textures.

Even object mods usually only cause missing objects on a client as far as I've seen.

Are we talking about the stock submarines or the WW II Type VII mod?

Shagrat

Below minimum specs for system ram now.

Minimum system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows Vista, 7 or 8; CPU: Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz; RAM: 6 GB; Free hard disk space: 10 GB; Video: 512 MB RAM card, DirectX 9.0c - compatible; Sound: DirectX 9.0c - compatible; requires internet activation.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I'ts normal.. it happens to me and a few of my friends sometimes. And for some reason it has only happend to me on the VA.

I don't know, but it most likely isn't your typical graphics card overheating problem.

i5 3570K (no overclock right now)

GTX 670

8gb RAM

Below minimum specs for system ram now.

Ouch! Good hint. Missed that one....

Shagrat

And VA Server has a huge amount of things going on. So you'D need a good amount of ram.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Well hey guys yesterday I open up the Singer Player (Gray Icon) and notice there was an update pending to be downloaded so I go ahead and run it. After completion of the update, I go to multiplayer (Green Icon) and return to the Open Conflict Server. I joined in a Ka-50 and did some CAS for about 2 hours and no hiccups, no block text, no errors.

Either it was what the server admin (Mirknir) did to adjust his map or it could have been the update applied, I'm not sure but something got fixed at least to where the issue does not occur within the first 15 minutes of play.

Regarding the minimal requirements, yeah that may explain why I get some screen freezes maybe. My Windows Index Score is . . . well here's a screen shot...

attachment.php?attachmentid=117830&stc=1&d=1432256941

New RAM just got delivered to me. (8GB For another Mother Board) I just need the power supply, case and hard drive and a new computer will be operational. Looking forward to meeting recommended system requirements.

Well hey guys yesterday I open up the Singer Player (Gray Icon) and notice there was an update pending to be downloaded so I go ahead and run it. After completion of the update, I go to multiplayer (Green Icon) and return to the Open Conflict Server. I joined in a Ka-50 and did some CAS for about 2 hours and no hiccups, no block text, no errors.

Either it was what the server admin (Mirknir) did to adjust his map or it could have been the update applied, I'm not sure but something got fixed at least to where the issue does not occur within the first 15 minutes of play.

Regarding the minimal requirements, yeah that may explain why I get some screen freezes maybe. My Windows Index Score is . . . well here's a screen shot...

attachment.php?attachmentid=117830&stc=1&d=1432256941

New RAM just got delivered to me. (8GB For another Mother Board) I just need the power supply, case and hard drive and a new computer will be operational. Looking forward to meeting recommended system requirements.

Hello,

I've just being aware of this thread and I actually investigated the problem recently for my server [Open Conflict]

It's a graphic memory problem that will slow down your renderer, make the game choppy or even make texture black or transparent or font made of blocks.

This will happen a lot with texture to 'High'.

Here is what I understood from the problem trying to investigate it:

Basically, the game is running out of graphic memory (not actual motherboard RAM)

It is struggling to render stuff and load textures. I am pretty sure this won't happen with DCS2 and a recent DirectX.

To be sure, check your log, it will popup DX9_OUTOFMEMORY errors.

You can see your remaining memory using Ctrl Pause x 2 in the advanced fps display.

This memory decreases when a model is loaded (by the map or by the player when he joins) or when a model is looked at (I guess shaders compilation and whatnot)

Why some server more than other?

So my server had 2 big contributors to this problem:

* I was using almost every possible models of planes and helis to make the map various and nice

* I am allowing the external view so you 'use' your memory looking at everything :)

Also, the more people are on a server, the more chance a lot of models will be played and loaded.

To help fix this problem on my map

I recently reformated my map by dropping every non playable aircrafts from the map and using instead common playable aircrafts like FC3 for every AIs and Statics on airports and even using the same skins as the one I put for players.

So now, when you load the map, you have a greater amount of graphic memory left for everything loaded on demand like player aircrafts not already in the map or landscape not already seen.

However, the problem can still appear

It can happen in a worst case scenario.

Given the number of playable aircrafts and sometimes the crazy size they take (like the C101 taking 4 time more than Mig21), you can still arrive at a point when one of each playable aircraft is being played and thus loaded and your memory will not be enough.

An idea for DCS

I think something really nice could be a different texture option for 'other airplanes' like I want my aircraft and my terrain to be 'high textured' but other aircraft could be 'medium textured'

I hope this can help people, I am not sure this will apply to every problems in this thread but maybe some of them.

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Great post! Thanks a lot Mirknir!

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Flew on the OC tonite was bug free thx :thumbup:

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

Thanks, I thought in that direction. So tipps for mission builders: when planning a mission/map limit the number of "different" high polygon objects, especially aircraft in beta that are not yet optimized.

Reuse similar textures/skins for player and AI planes if possible.

Same for vehicles, and tanks.

In general the video card with 512MB seems to be referring to all settings to low, and even a decent card with just 2GB vRAM could run into problems... Though DCS2.0 with EDGE may change that (hopefully reducing vRAM load).

Shagrat

• 4 weeks later...

I think this is related with GFX card memory. (Oh! This was said before many times!!!) :D

When I use ground and cockpit mods heavily, I get this error soon.

If I use completely stock DCS files (no any any mods), I hardly get this problem in VA server.

VA server is a good test area, because there're many aircrafts, objects and locations - DCS have to load skins, ground textures, buildings. I jump a cockpit, and later another one. etc.etc...

And boom, all sky is blue!

"If" it is really a mismanagement of GFX memmory by DCS World, it should be fixed soon, or I hope upgrading GFX card (with 2 or 4Gb) solve this problem.

Edited by Devrim

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 1 month later...

Graphics glitch out and game crashes all the time

I've been having this problem a lot, not only recently.

When I'm playing, sometimes the game just locks up for a couple of seconds, and then the graphics completely flip, showing me something like this:

9c5f00a87deb39e174ef3f63f030660b.jpg

This is really really really annoying and ruins the game.

I've been monitoring my hardware, and I can not see any issues.

I also ONLY have these issues with DCS: World.

No other game is showing giving me trouble.

I've attached a recent log file if it helps any

Does anybody know what is going on and how I can fix it?

It happened 2 times already today, within a couple hours.

dcs.zip

Is this in Multi-Player?,

There's already a Thread for this, Merging.