Shutdown and restart

So I got the hang of starting up the heli, but I have a problem with shutdown and restart. When everything is up and running, I shut down the engines by using the red levers on the roof and then start to shut down things in the reverse order that I switched them on. Then, I try to restart the thing, and I can never get the APU to startup again. I even use the cheat to perform the scripted shut down and start. Even the scripted shutdown/restart cannot spool up the APU. I am curious on what I am missing.

So I got the hang of starting up the heli, but I have a problem with shutdown and restart. When everything is up and running, I shut down the engines by using the red levers on the roof and then start to shut down things in the reverse order that I switched them on. Then, I try to restart the thing, and I can never get the APU to startup again. I even use the cheat to perform the scripted shut down and start. Even the scripted shutdown/restart cannot spool up the APU. I am curious on what I am missing.

Attach a .trk file of your shut down and restart so we can see what you are doing. That makes it much easier to give advice.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...
Have you tried getting ground power?

This is what worked for me.

Then (IIRC) I switched DC and AC switches to ground. I was able to get it starting. However, I did have another problem. It was early morning so I switched on all panel lights. (I had already requested ground power off, too) Then, when I took off, I'd get about 2 or 300 feet in the air. Electronics would fail and it sounds like the engines are losing power. :joystick:

I'd hit the ground hard, (but not hard enough to screw up the aircraft) and reduce collective to idle. Then, everything would magically come back to life and engines would gain power again; but, the cycle would repeat whenever I tried to takeoff again.

B2kkake of the Cola Wars

Sorry for the long delay in the reply. I am curious as to why the automated shut down sequence doesn't result in a clean state. I was under the impression that the auto shut down would fix up any of my messes up, so that I can try to restart the bird manually or via the auto start up sequence.

• 4 weeks later...

Hate to say this, but for now you may want to consider learning how to do it manually. The start-up sequence for the 8 is pretty simple once you've practiced a few times. It's also a great feeling.

However, your original point stands. If it isn't restarting I'm guessing it's a bug with the script. I've never had problems doing it manually.

My first guess would be that some of the power switches are not switched on / off correctly. Perhaps you need to use the pagedown key manually after shutdown and page up on start up?

• 2 weeks later...

Just tested this on the open beta. I flew from Batumi all the way up to Nalchik (was testing something else) and decided to try a restart once I got there. Manually shut down completely, restarted and got back up in the air with no problems.