Trees et all

Skyrat

Okay. So I've owned about every ED product since SU-27 Flanker from the early 90's. I bought a Track IR just for the original Black Shark when THAT came out. Being a pilot I really appreciate the attention to detail the the gang puts into these spectacular flight sims! Up until Black Shark came out I was cool with the trees not being "solid". Thought it was kinda' lame honestly that now here's a true helicopter sim, but I can fly through the trees and they can't be used to protect us from incoming fire????? Okay, just hide behind a building? What?

Honestly, I still haven't accepted getting past the whole tree thing. Now that they've (ED) decided to include an armor sim (Combined Arms) where we're REALLY in the weeds, I still can't use trees as cover. WHAT... WHAT????

Everybody's talking about how I wish it had THIS plane, or THAT helicopter..... and YES those things don't require a REWRITE of the entire engine, but DANG! I can't imagine ANY OTHER company being allowed to go this long without adding tree collision detection (solid trees) and be called a simulation company.

I still play A-10C and FC3, but I am disappointed that we have to fly P-51 Mustangs or F-86 Sabers in Georgia/Caucasus. That's really getting old!

Sorry for the rant. I just don't get it? Why are we putting up with this still???? Oh that's right..... what else is there. Damn, I miss the competition in the Simulator arena!!!!

Bummed.....

Skyrat.

Skyrat

Intel i5-2500K @ 3.3Ghz, 16GB, GeForce 780 2GB, MS Sidewinder Precision Pro, Win 7 64-bit.

"The only thing we have to fear...... is GRAVITY! ....and the occasional R-77."

Calm down man. :)

I agree about trees. I'm waiting for EDGE release (the end of 2014). As far as I know, there's no clear deceleration about trees, but I hope we will meet with real trees in v2.0.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Okay. So I've owned about every ED product since SU-27 Flanker from the early 90's. I bought a Track IR just for the original Black Shark when THAT came out. Being a pilot I really appreciate the attention to detail the the gang puts into these spectacular flight sims! Up until Black Shark came out I was cool with the trees not being "solid". Thought it was kinda' lame honestly that now here's a true helicopter sim, but I can fly through the trees and they can't be used to protect us from incoming fire????? Okay, just hide behind a building? What?

Honestly, I still haven't accepted getting past the whole tree thing. Now that they've (ED) decided to include an armor sim (Combined Arms) where we're REALLY in the weeds, I still can't use trees as cover. WHAT... WHAT????

Everybody's talking about how I wish it had THIS plane, or THAT helicopter..... and YES those things don't require a REWRITE of the entire engine, but DANG! I can't imagine ANY OTHER company being allowed to go this long without adding tree collision detection (solid trees) and be called a simulation company.

Why wouldn't they be a sim company? DCS is more than Black Shark. This may one of the limited downsides to the combined battlefield simulator idea, but the engine needs to cater to more than one specific platform. The trees are an issue, it's not like ED doesn't have other things to look at.

I still play A-10C and FC3, but I am disappointed that we have to fly P-51 Mustangs or F-86 Sabers in Georgia/Caucasus. That's really getting old!

I won't go into my rant about how the map is useful, realistically, for all units, but P-51's and F-86's over Georgia shouldn't be a problem.

Sorry for the rant. I just don't get it? Why are we putting up with this still???? Oh that's right..... what else is there. Damn, I miss the competition in the Simulator arena!!!!

Bummed.....

Skyrat.

Also keep in mind that ED has announced EDGE and how significant it is. They have also specifically noted the tree issue. If ED is going to fix it, the first step is going to be launching EDGE.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files