Hide gun cross?

Mike5560

You are not supposed to turn of PAC either!

In fact, switch the IFFCC switch to the test mode on the middle, you will see a manual on your HUD and there is a nice display option, in there you can use DATA recker to choose either show or not to show CCIP cross, if you selecte "N" then you should will have that cross hidden :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aircraft I have thoroughly studied: A-10C, Ka-50, Mig-21bis, UH-1H, Boeing 737-800/900, Dash-8Q400, Bell-407

i7-8750H@2.2GHz 6 Cores turbo up to 4.1GHz, GTX1070 Max-Q@8GB GRAM, 16G RAM, 512G SSD, 500G SSD, CH Product Fighter Stick, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5.

By the way there is also a handy option to present speed and altitude with types like on many modern airliners instead of simply jumping digits, maybe it's just me but I persionally find this a much eaiser way to sense the changing rate of those two vital dates! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aircraft I have thoroughly studied: A-10C, Ka-50, Mig-21bis, UH-1H, Boeing 737-800/900, Dash-8Q400, Bell-407

i7-8750H@2.2GHz 6 Cores turbo up to 4.1GHz, GTX1070 Max-Q@8GB GRAM, 16G RAM, 512G SSD, 500G SSD, CH Product Fighter Stick, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5.

PAC-1 is only engaged when you press the first trigger. PAC-1 is meant to stabilize the plane on your guns attack run just before you pull the trigger to the second stage. Also it will stabilize the plane so the CCIP gun cross will remain stationary on the ground. Rockets on the other hand have a slightly longer range so as the distance decreases the rocket CCIP pipper will continue to move to the bottom of the HUD and accuracy will be compromised since the pipper is always moving. Once you pull the trigger to the second stage PAC-2 is enabled and the plane will adjust elevator to compensate for gun recoil and to deliver gun rounds accurately. So yes, PAC-1 should be disengaged for rockets.

Edit: I've done plenty of practice runs with rockets to improve my accuracy and that is the only way you will see better results, especially with unguided munitions. I've done the PAC-1 with rockets before when I was trying to improve my skills. It doesn't work as well as I thought.

Edited by kk0425
  • Like 1

Edit: I've done plenty of practice runs with rockets to improve my accuracy and that is the only way you will see better results, especially with unguided munitions. I've done the PAC-1 with rockets before when I was trying to improve my skills. It doesn't work as well as I thought.

Oh, well, nice to know. I had just started trying to use PAC-1 on rocket runs this weekend to improve accuracy, with little succes TBH. :(

By the way there is also a handy option to present speed and altitude with types like on many modern airliners instead of simply jumping digits, maybe it's just me but I persionally find this a much eaiser way to sense the changing rate of those two vital dates! :)

They are fine for me with digits only. The problem is that sometimes in a crammed HUD like the A-10C's it is difficult to find what you are looking for. Maybe a square around speed and altitude would make them easier to notice.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]