New Axes work badly

zaelu

I tried to Map the following axes:

NPP Course Set (on my HOTAS right most axis on the Stick named Trim3)

TDC Range (on my HOTAS axis on the Throttle above mode selector named R1)

Intercept Angle (on my HOTAS middle axis on the Stick named Trim2)

Target size (on my HOTAS left most axis on the Stick named Trim1)

The 4 axes on my G940 axes work perfectly on option screen but no matter how I set them up... slider or no slider the results in game are very poor and unusable. If I mess with deadzones and saturations it gets even messier.

For example the NPP needle turns sometimes only in one direction no matter if I change direction on the physical axis or the TDC has movement only on a really tiny bit of the axis movement and big un assigned deadzone.

Anyone else used them and managed to make them work?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Tried messing with the curves?

No, why would I? I don't want movement on say NPP axis to be accelerated when moving towards an end of the physical axis. If an axis works bad without curves adding them will make the situation worse.

I mapped the TDC range axes to one of the rotary controls on my X-52 Pro. Works perfectly.

For me also the TDC works the best but has a lag like gap... like a deadzone.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

This is how works at my end:

sorry about low volume on mike... :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have the same difficulties. Assigned the TDC Range to the Slider at my X52pro and I feel that that the movement seems to be not linear. There are some gaps, sadly.

For the NPP Course set I tried a rotary axis on my X52pro, but there was some weird behaviour regardless of the axis settings (slider on/off). Sometimes the needle moves contrary to the rotation of the knob on the stick, then it stops suddenly and starts moving in the right direction.

@LN: Although it does not work right at the Moment (at least for me :-)), many thanks for adding These axis (and your overall post-release work). Is it possible to bind the RSBN and PRMG channel selector to axis?

Edited by montypython76

I7-9700K -- 32GB RAM -- RTX 4070 -- Virpil T-50CM3 Throttle + WarBRD Base -- Thrustmaster TPR -- Quest 3 

I use the new analogue axes for TDC Range and that knob on the right side of the ASP (intercept angle?). In both cases, the respective axis seems to only have 50% of the physical range. I.e. if I scroll the vertical throttle wheel on my G940 throttle, the TDC only starts to move if I am already half way up.

Changing the axis to "slider" does not help - I lost half of the physical range of the axis and thus a good amount of precision.

Same is true for the "intercept angle"-axis.

This is how works at my end:

sorry about low volume on mike... :D

I guess Mike doesn't blame you for it :lol:

Sorry for that little joke. Yeah the TDC and NPP do not behave properly sometimes. I found myself having troubles with the axes too.

Edited by Quent

Kind regards,

Quentin.

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic105862_2.gif[/sIGPIC]

I use the new analogue axes for TDC Range and that knob on the right side of the ASP (intercept angle?). In both cases, the respective axis seems to only have 50% of the physical range. I.e. if I scroll the vertical throttle wheel on my G940 throttle, the TDC only starts to move if I am already half way up.

Changing the axis to "slider" does not help - I lost half of the physical range of the axis and thus a good amount of precision.

Same here on TH Warthog. I'd really like to utilize full range of slider on my throttle. Still haven't figured out how to do it, though.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

It seems that regardless whether I use "Slider" or normal action that the values goes from ÷100 - +100% like on Pitch, Roll and Yaw axis'

With the TDC it even seems that the reticle size uses the absolute value i.e ÷100-+100 becomes +100-+100. The size is smallest with the physical axis at 50%, but increases the size as You go to either side.

FinnJ

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

• ED Team

I have similar problem like you I add TDC to y-axis on my Warthog throttle to make it a slew axis or slider like in A-10 or any other planes it will not work and when I release my finger it goes down whatever settings I do with axis.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I may have an explanation for the problem encountered with the NPP course set axis (and possibily others).

There is a key problem : A knob like this one is not an axis.

An axis goes from a min value to a max value, while the NPP course knob can make full rotations and has no boundaries.

In other words, it is not an axis, it is just an 'increase' or 'decrease' button.

However, it is still possible to use an axis as follows : when the axis is on the first half, then it decrease the value and when on the second half, then it increase the value.

You can test it with the NPP course set. Push the axis full, and perform several small back and forth without leaving the second half of your axis. By doing so, the NPP course set will turn in one way only.

If you want to rotate it on the other direction, then just change of half of your axis, and perform small movements on this half only.

By performing some tests, I noticed another problem with the NPP Course set : The keybord shortcuts seems not to be functional at all. I tried several combinaisons, but the NPP Course set + and - never react. Any one encountered this issue ?

Edited by Fizz