Cockpit Glass.

mattebubben

Hello and first let me say this is an awsome dlc great work.

But i have a minor suggestion/gripe.

The Cockpit glass.

It just feels to dark/dirty.

Makes it very hard to spot through.

I mostly play online and its very hard to pick aircraft up (especially if they have ground behind them).

It makes it even worse that u pretty much cant see the exhaust smoke through the cockpit glass.

The glass is harder to spot through then any other glass in the game.

I know this is a older aircraft and that scratches and some dirt is there for the feel of an older aircraft.

But i feel its to dirty at the point where it limits its effectiveness.

Its so far gone that in dogfights i often jettison my canopy in order to get better visibility.

Done several tests / dogfights with other ppl on a server and they all agree that its very difficult to spot from inside the cockpit compared to any other aircraft in the game even the P-51 and Fw 190D.

And seeing as up close the mark1 eyeball is ur primary tool to find aircraft thats kinda crippling.

Just my thought, keep up the great work guys.

There's a lot of complaining about the cockpit glass and its effect on visibility. I do understand the gripe. However, I'd implore Leatherneck, that if they do see fit to address these complaints, please please please make it optional. I, for one, love the realism of a grubby cockpit. I enjoy having to move my head to look around a blemish on the canopy. I imagine this is what Mig 21 drivers had to do in the past, and current pilots have to do even more so now.

There's a lot of complaining about the cockpit glass and its effect on visibility. I do understand the gripe. However, I'd implore Leatherneck, that if they do see fit to address these complaints, please please please make it optional. I, for one, love the realism of a grubby cockpit. I enjoy having to move my head to look around a blemish on the canopy. I imagine this is what Mig 21 drivers had to do in the past, and current pilots have to do even more so now.

agreed

+1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

I agree with you.

Besides, soon or later someone will make a mod with a clean canopy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asteroids

Update this

:D

Yup! I sense a "clean glass" Mod is probably in the works as we speak.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

I like the meticulous detail of the canopy in this module. It feels like a real canopy, instead of some artificial 100% thin air-bubble surrounding you. Spotting and keeping up with contacts is indeed challenging, however it might or might not improve with the new 2.0 engine, so I believe even that possibility was taken into account.

Likewise I hope that LN won't resort to some "game balance" mode because of MP, or other modules having this or that, i.e. various "ease of use features" etc. And even if so, then those changes should remain within game mode and/or as optional toggles. I applaud LN's effort to deliver very high fidelity module first and foremost!

Sent from my pComputer using Keyboard

Hello,

For me the canopy of the Mig-21 is perfect, a real beauty.

In fact the canopy is like the cockpit, old and weathering, the most beautiful cockpit of DCS World.

With this Mig-21 everything is perfect and since the release I fly only with this jet.

Yes the best way for you it's wait one Mod for clean the cockpit but LN must let our canopy like that, it's perfect for me.

First thank you Tetra for the mod => great work.

But second of all i love this mod and i think LN did a great work with it and this was in no way criticism towards them.

And i like the way the cockpit glass looks aswell when im just flying around.

But when it hampers the preformance and abillity to detect enemies and makes the aircraft harder to use air to air then its annoying at times.

But now with the mod the sulotion is here so u could consider this thread done.

im just wondering how dirty/scratched the canopy really was/is in real life. im sure they cleaned and swapped them out for new ones. just because the aircraft was first made 50 or so years ago doesn't mean the canopy glass has to look that old also. its just like leaving the original tyres on the aircraft throughout its service life - doesn't happen.