Only a few servers in the server list!

Boris

In the last couple of days I've been having a problem that's getting worse and worse...

The server list is getting shorter. While I can usually see about 150 servers, the list was about 45 a couple of days ago and now it's really slow to load and I only get about 10!

I've checked my internet connection and everything else appears fine.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Its a problem with the Master Server, I have noticed it over the past day or two.

When it happens to me I just restart my game and then its fine.... mind you I only fly in our 104th Dedicated Server so I only restart it if I cannot see that in the list.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Hmmm, I thought it might be a problem with the master server... Are you sure? If this is the case I would have thought there would be more people here to complain about it.

Restarting the game does nothing for me. I'm going to try installing DCS World on another computer later to see what happens there.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I've been on the latest version since it came out and I've only had this problem for about 3 or 4 days...

I´ve just checked (I´m roughly 40 klicks S of Boris :smilewink: ) and I only have 21 Servers while I usually have 80-90. I´m on 1.2.10 Upd. 3.

What I also noticed is that until a few days ago the server list was filling fluidly in a matter of seconds, now it´s alwas 10-15 servers, a few seconds pause, then another few and so on...

Edited by WolfK33
typo

I´ve just checked (I´m roughly 40 klicks S of Boris :smilewink: ) and I only have 21 Servers while I usually have 80-90. I´m on 1.2.10 Upd. 3.

What I also noticed is that until a few days ago the server list was filling fluidly in a matter of seconds, now it´s alwas 10-15 servers, a few seconde pause, then another few and so on...

Yes, this is exactly what I'm seeing! Could this somehow be a regional issue?

Maybe you forgot to apply the latest update? In-game browser shows only servers with the same version...

thats not true.at least it doesnt have to be the exact same version.though it probably has to belong to the same group of patches like 1.2.10.

you will be able to see and also join the server even with a different number behind the 10, but i doubt you could do so with any 1.2.9 version.

what i had the last couple of days is, that the game told me that i entered an invalid password.though its safed so im perfectly sure it was the correct one.re-entering it solved it.but the next time when i wanted to log in the same happened again...

Could this somehow be a regional issue?

Hmm, I don´t know much about computers and internet etc. anymore, somehow lost track of it in the process of growing older, lol, but "my internet" except this DCS-issue seems to work as always, not slower or anything. Also, on the servers I get, like for example "STP Interceptor" i see the same ping as that server always has for me, somewhere in the thirties.

Is there only one "Master Server" as the name implies, or are there maybe regional DCS master servers ?

This happened to me really badly yesterday. I first put it down to my internet being overused but after kicking everyone off the net and rebooting the router it was still bad. I was only getting 3 or 4 servers coming up in the list and they were all mega high ping (130+).

After about an hour it went back to normal. I was gonna post about it but didn't see anyone else had mentioned it so assumed it must be an issue local to me. Obviously not.

My Hangar: P-51D Mustang - KA-50 Blackshark - A-10C Warthog - F-86F Sabre - FC3 - Combined Arms - UH-1H

My Flying Adventures: www.dcs-pilot.com :pilotfly:

Yesterday I saw only 5 servers, then got mad and started clicking New search button all the time and every second I got other amount. Once 3, once 5, once 8.

When finally saw 104th I got famous connection interrupted error and DCS crash.

I guess it is better to wait for DCS 2.0 than fixing non-ending issues in current game stasis.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Not much better today... Still very slow to load the servers (I used to be able to see over 100 almost immediately). I can see just under 30 now. Always a different selction too. Seems to be completely random.

I am stuck at "Connection to master.."

At least you can see some servers...

ED make a post plz and tell us what is going on!

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

I had a quick flight on VA earlier and it was a bit slow to connect. Usually it's brought up the list after a second or two but today I was waiting about 30 seconds on the connecting to master server message before it finally connected.

Something is definitely going on.

My Hangar: P-51D Mustang - KA-50 Blackshark - A-10C Warthog - F-86F Sabre - FC3 - Combined Arms - UH-1H

My Flying Adventures: www.dcs-pilot.com :pilotfly:

I am experiencing the same problem. Cannot connect to the master server. To my surprise, a friend of mine has no problem at all. Weird. :(

Also some friends of mine can connect...

A simple post from ED would be great to tell us what is going on.After all we support them by buying their modules and we deserve an answer.Right?

Lock-On Greece / DCS World Greece http://lockon-greece.forumotion.net/

🇬🇷 1st Hellinic Virtual Squadron for Flaming Cliffs & DCS World
~ Flying since 2008 ~