Connection to Master Server

Spanker79

Hello to all.

I don't know of you experienced the same problem,but in the last hour i can't connect to Master Server at multiplayer.

I restarted my router and my PC but no luck!

Anyone knows what is going on?Is the Master Server down?

:helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

Lock-On Greece / DCS World Greece http://lockon-greece.forumotion.net/

🇬🇷 1st Hellinic Virtual Squadron for Flaming Cliffs & DCS World
~ Flying since 2008 ~

It appears you're not the only one:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2211326#post2211326

The master server seems to have been acting up for many people over the last couple of days.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=132636

Either it's completely crashed or hopefully they're in the process of fixing it!

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Lots of people reporting the same issue over the past day or so.

It is also happening to me however I just keep restarting my MP client until I can see the 104th Server... then Im off!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Yesterday, at OP "Summer Rain", it was trully disaster! Hours and hours trying to connect to "master server", and nothing! Really ED, this system with "master server" as single critical point sux hard. I dream of the old days, when there was no "master server", and I could play even without internet. Despite of starforce running in ring0, the game was MUCH more stable, than now...

Yesterday, at OP "Summer Rain", it was trully disaster! Hours and hours trying to connect to "master server", and nothing! Really ED, this system with "master server" as single critical point sux hard. I dream of the old days, when there was no "master server", and I could play even without internet. Despite of starforce running in ring0, the game was MUCH more stable, than now...

Tell me about it.....

I didn't fly either.Let's hope that this will not repeat again on Sunday's mission!

Lock-On Greece / DCS World Greece http://lockon-greece.forumotion.net/

🇬🇷 1st Hellinic Virtual Squadron for Flaming Cliffs & DCS World
~ Flying since 2008 ~

Hope TFC / ED will think about their MasterServer idea and put back true -offline- LAN gameplay - maybe limited to a number of connected clients (SPORADIC checks for more than 8 clients?)

Waiting for the return of: -TLP- -True LAN Play- Multiplayer without permanent internet connection to ED master-server. Plane wishlist: Antonov - AN-2

The problem is, it is both intermittent, and affects just one or two of a group trying to connect. I don't know if it is down to mods, but when I disable them all, I can connect when with them running I can't.

I suspect there is a bug within one, or two, and that it isn't happening for everyone either because they don't use the mod, or because the mod doesn't always cause an issue.

I could be utterly wrong, but on the two occasions it has happened to me, after disabling them, I connected right away. Coincidence, perhaps, but I suspect there may be a pattern here?

This weekend we had a LAN setup with one host and five clients, connected to the internet via one wifi range extender acting as a router.

Over the weekend, the internet connection was lost several times, which caused some (but not all) of our client systems to be kicked out of the game with a message "Unable to connect to master server".

Quite frustrating if you're doing a live formation flight with a crowd of 30+ people watching...

Please ED, dump the master server, and give us back the ability to play over LAN without internet!

Dutch Flanker Display Team | LLTM 2010 Tiger Spirit Award

• 2 weeks later...

I may have discovered the problem....

Check your system time is correct TO THE SECOND.

I had to reset my bios by removing the battery and manually set system time to within 30 seconds of correct.

Suddenly unable to connect to master. Updated to correct time and its fixed.

I do not think that is a problem. Every Windows comes with "Windows Time" service started per default (unless you deactivated it). So it does not matter what time you have in bios, sooner or later it gets corrected by ntp-client. You could get maybe problem only if you shift local time during communication with master-server.

BTW, bios-time is as "exact" as some cheap chinese digital-watch you can buy on streets: it can get deviation of +/- 1min per day. Moreover, we do not live in the same time-zone, and we do not have to have time corresponding to the time-zone you are in (all my comps use UTC-time despite of being in CET (UTC+1)...

• 1 month later...

I have also been getting the connect to master issue. Also in the module manager, it keeps saying invalid username/password.

I am using the same username and password as the DCS website.

I have no anti-virus,

I have disabled windows firewall and the router's firewall,

I have go so far as to format my pc this morning (ON NEW YEARS DAY),

And still no luck. Does anyone have any other suggestions, cause the ED support person who got back to me after I logged a ticket responded with, check the forums and google it.

Please, any suggestions are welcome!

• 1 month later...

This worked for me and I tried everything you can think of. I had the same issue hope this works for you.

Step 1. Click the start button

Step 2. Type CMD into run

Step 3. Right click on CMD and run as ADMIN

Step 4. Once the CMD screen is up type in netsh winsock reset

Step 5. Press ENTER and reset computer