Proposing Mig 21-93 BISON

KewlerMouh

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why an F-104 and not the F-4 Phantom?

Phantom is the obvious accessory if you ask me :)

The F-104G is more directly comparable and the F-4 is a two seater. I'm really not a fan of two seat fighters. I'm sure an F-4 would sell better overall, but I probably wouldn't buy it and we're allegedly talking about MiG-21's anyways.:P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

WIP but I don't know if Leatherneck or ED would be okay with this release, just a personal project I've been working on today. All modern BVR missiles work on it, uses MiG-29S Cockpit and avionics, with a SFM.

DkFP21r.jpg

VH5kvgX.jpg

Edited by DNice

Would to have more modern mig-21 but will not happen so I wait viggen and hornet.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

WIP but I don't know if Leatherneck or ED would be okay with this release, just a personal project I've been working on today. All modern BVR missiles work on it, uses MiG-29S Cockpit and avionics, with a SFM.

DkFP21r.jpg

VH5kvgX.jpg

How you added this missiles on pylons? please, tell me :helpsmilie:

DkFP21r.jpg

VH5kvgX.jpg

It's a mod, just release it! Worst case they ask you to take it down (which I highly doubt)

It's a mod, just release it! Worst case they ask you to take it down (which I highly doubt)

It's still not complete, SFM needs some more work. Pylons are all properly working. Just have a few days of patience and it will be released, when I have free time to work on it. The screenshot you see there was me tinkering around with it for a few hours.

It's still not complete, SFM needs some more work. Pylons are all properly working. Just have a few days of patience and it will be released, when I have free time to work on it. The screenshot you see there was me tinkering around with it for a few hours.

No impatience here, I was addressing your concerns about ED and LNS. I don't think they will care at all, especially since even people who don't own the MiG 21 can still see LNS model In game

It would be amazing if it used the MiG 21 flight model though, even if it meant mod users had to own the MiG 21

Edited by Hook47

No impatience here, I was addressing your concerns about ED and LNS. I don't think they will care at all, especially since even people who don't own the MiG 21 can still see LNS model In game

It would be amazing if it used the MiG 21 flight model though, even if it meant mod users had to own the MiG 21

I don't own the MiG-21Bis module at this time, and hence am unable to test it with that flightmodel although I believe it is possible. I tried the Su-27 AFM, which actually I find to be the best AFM, but no animations on the actual Mig, like ailerons/flaps show. The F-15 AFM works, but it obviously doesn't make sense to use that one.

Im 99% sure its just the radar.

Nothing i have read have mentioned a IRST and neither is one seen on any picture.

Same here, so I will assume the same, although the Bison can carry R-27Ts, and from what I've read, the modernization program has different extras they can add like ECM and HMD.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Has there been any word from the developer on this topic?

They have managed to get a ground-mapping radar working in the Viggen, so I guess the biggest obstacle is out of the way.

Doesn't have to be the BISON specifically, I'd be happy with any other modernized Mig-21 variant. The LanceR C for example.

I read an article the other day that the MIG-21 LancerR C flown by Romania proved to be quite the challenge for a bunch of F-16s from Portugal during an exercise that was supposed to give romanian pilots a first look at their new office (Romania is in the process of replacing Mig-21 LanceR with F-16 Falcons).