Interview with Leatherneck Studios

Count Sessine

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are already plenty of opponents for the Tomcat in the game. Eagle, Flanker, Fulcrum, upcoming Hornet. The Tomcat can use the AIM-54's long range as an advantage to get it's driver into the position they want to be in, it has a very strong radar, and it's got plenty of power.

Assuming the F14 will be done at the same level of the MIG21... I hope we have an opponent with the same level of detail and to me the actual F15/SU27/MIG29 are not in the same level.

Not to mention that and f14 will never go against f15 or f18 unless they plan to simulate Iran's F14A with of course with some modifications in the electronics. (Iran / Iraq)

So far the the only series that has same level of opponents are the WWII with P51D /FW190 and 109. Soon we will have the MIG 15 against Sabres & P51d.

To me it would really nice to have M III, F4, F104s, F100, F1, MIG23.

But I know I don't represent the majority.

The reason why I think it's not a F-14 is this statement by Cobra.

Some of you will be pleased, some of you will be very disappointed and some of you will, without a doubt, want our heads on a pike.

Hence my doubts...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simulating Iranian Tomcats? Easy! Just roll a dice before you flip a switch. Unless you're 5 or higher you are not allowed to do so. :D

Hhahaha without being disrespectful to anyone, they have the Lee Harvey Oswald of the Phoenixs.

One Missile 3 Mig23 shotdown.

The reason why I think it's not a F-14 is this statement by Cobra.

Some of you will be pleased, some of you will be very disappointed and some of you will, without a doubt, want our heads on a pike.
Hence my doubts...

Just to play into the delusion for a minute:

If it's an F-14A it could be seen by some as a "so near yet so far" move since the F-14D is so much more capable. (I might be one of those people).

Probably nobody would want heads on pikes for any F-14 variant but it might not be disappointment proof.

But I'm 90% convinced that you're right, it might not be possible to accurately simulate this machine in the next 20 years without express permission from Northrop Grumman and accurate insider knowledge.

Has anyone considered that Cobra may be changing his avatar in response to the discussion, not leading it. So after everyone mentioned the F-14 he switched it to a goose etc.

I get it, this is just some wild goose chase!

(Although the Tomcat would be awesome)

Callsign "Lion"

What if by "missing a digit" he actually meant that the digit is wrong? When it comes to trying to guess something if you actually fail' date=' it technically could be called a "miss" in my opinion. :D[/quote']

or what if he just ment its a 2 digit number when he said its missing a digit instead of it being the F-14.

What if by "missing a digit" he actually meant that the digit is wrong? When it comes to trying to guess something if you actually fail' date=' it technically could be called a "miss" in my opinion. :D[/quote']

I thought about that as well. That would mean it is a fighter jet with one digit, but not a F-4. Not much possibilities if we assume he didn't lie when he said it is not a fighter flown by the USMC.

EDIT: And if mattebubben is right, well, it could be almost everything.

EDIT:

F-20 Tigershark: two digits after the dash, Marines didn't fly it (nobody did), people will be very disappointed (yep, lots of guys here) others will like it (those who like every plane, regardless of what it is)

Edited by Aginor

I'm certainly surprised that it could be an F-14. It wasn't something I expected after the MiG-21.

But then again, I see no reason for them to continue playing this game if its not the F-14. Its just setting everybody up for disappointment, and it makes no sense to mess with people like that. They'll just end up pissing off a part of the community greatly.

So, I believe it really is an F-14, or its the most pointless trolljob in the history of DCS.

I'm certainly surprised that it could be an F-14. It wasn't something I expected after the MiG-21.

But then again, I see no reason for them to continue playing this game if its not the F-14. Its just setting everybody up for disappointment, and it makes no sense to mess with people like that. They'll just end up pissing off a part of the community greatly.

So, I believe it really is an F-14, or its the most pointless trolljob in the history of DCS.

Last two paragraphs pretty much describe exactly how I'm thinking right now.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

F-20 Tigershark: two digits after the dash, Marines didn't fly it (nobody did), people will be very disappointed (yep, lots of guys here) others will like it (those who like every plane, regardless of what it is)

I was thinking of the F-20 when he said it can have 1 or 2 engines...

I predict by the 100th page of this thread the prevailing candidates for front runner to be the next aircraft by LN will be:

J-31

RQ-180

PAK-FA-T50

Oh.. and the ship that crashed at Roswell

Edited by DocSigma

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

I agree completely