TFC/DCS OCT 28th Newsletter

Revelation

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you guys really fly all those airplanes or just collect them ? I don't get it, I need at least a month to get familiar with the airplane and to get ready for meaningless combat action. After a month I'm ready to enjoy the airplane, and there is no room for another new airplane to pop in. So, from my point of view this is mass production of modules. I would be more happy to see EDGE asap since current graphic engine is way obsolete in every aspect.
I somewhat agree with you here although I don't quite get your "meaningless combat" remark. I try to learn the modules I have before getting new ones which means I'm usually months or years behind everyone else. For example, I just started learning the Ka-50 which came out how many years ago?

Some mixed feeling about the newsletter. The new modules releasing sound pretty nice especially the Su-27, but we're coming to the end of another year and it looks like EDGE may slip again. Like most here a new environment or face lift is much needed. Oh well, the wait continues. :helpsmilie:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I wasn't expecting EDGE or a new map this year, but from the sounds of it they're gunna be fairly early in the new year, which is great news.

I wonder if that L39 will have cockpit sharing on release, or (probably more likely) if that's going to be a feature added with 2.0 or later.

All these modules and maps coming to fruition now though, it's an exciting time for DCS.

Glad that ED are talking and showing more each month! :D

Made my day

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

The official estimate in the past was 40-50.... again just an estimate... my gut feels like it will be down around 40.... but thats just a guess, nothing remotely official.

I would hope it is lower in price, for the sake of online compatibility with random players (lower price = more copies sold more than likely). Given that DCS has a rather international community compared to most games it may be hard to find locals with all the same modules.

Even games like BF3/4 have low populations on the DLC maps where as the base game has no shortage of players.

didnt receive this newsletter...only the one about the hawk...those screenshots in high res would be interesting.to see nevada the first time beeing integrated into dcs.

Same issue on my end.

Some mixed feeling about the newsletter. The new modules releasing sound pretty nice especially the Su-27, but we're coming to the end of another year and it looks like EDGE may slip again. Like most here a new environment or face lift is much needed. Oh well, the wait continues. :helpsmilie:

Id say in this case the glass is 90% full... :thumbup:

• ED Team
I would hope it is lower in price, for the sake of online compatibility with random players (lower price = more copies sold more than likely). Given that DCS has a rather international community compared to most games it may be hard to find locals with all the same modules.

Even games like BF3/4 have low populations on the DLC maps where as the base game has no shortage of players.

Same issue on my end.

Well we know how ED likes their sales as well ;)

As for higher res images, I have asked.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

didnt receive this newsletter...only the one about the hawk...those screenshots in high res would be interesting.to see nevada the first time beeing integrated into dcs.

Same issue on my end.

Check your junk/spam folder. Mine went there for some odd reason.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

So K4 is going to be released next month right?

Ireally wish for edge this year. i am looking forward to beter optimisation. I pribably wont buy both maps unless the price will go down. I am waiting for Normandy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

From the hints I have read from the newsletter I have concluded this:

1. NTTR is integrated to EDGE

2. NTTR is sheduled to be released in late December

The map cannot come out without the EDGE right? We are getting the best christmas present in years.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

Is there any difference between DCS 2.0 and EDGE? Other than DCS 2.0 will be the first version to have EDGE?

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

I somewhat agree with you here although I don't quite get your "meaningless combat" remark. I try to learn the modules I have before getting new ones which means I'm usually months or years behind everyone else. For example, I just started learning the Ka-50 which came out how many years ago?

Sorry, my bad I didn't mean to say meaningless - I meant meaningful combat ...:)

You guys should be pumped that NTTR is now in DCS in testing... that is a huge milestone for EDGE. Not sure I can stress that enough...

So many times with some progress news it somehow wears you down I think.

Even bits of news used to be huge thing, now that it's getting close it does not have same impact.

But just wait until release and people likely go nuts about it again ;)

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."