DCSW Weapons cheat sheet

Aginor

Hey guys!

Perhaps it is only me, but I often have troubles finding the correct weapons to put on planes in the mission editor, because I keep mixing up all the weapon names, especially the russian ones. RBK, FAB, KAB, whatever.

So I made this little Excel sheet. It lists most weapons, their counterparts from other countries (if they exist), and a short description.

The objective of this list is that you can print it on one page, or perhaps display it on your tablet. So if you go "I want something like a Mk-84, but this is a russian plane" you look up the Mk-84 and get a FAB-1500 as a rough equivalent.

I wish the mission editor would provide tool tips for that or something, that would make this list obsolete.

Planned features:

- recommended drop altitude for bombs

- range

If you find any errors, just post them here and I will fix them. Please also tell me if you have ideas for features I could include.

Keep in mind this list is a very rough comparison. Please don't let this thread become another R-77 vs. AIM-120 thread or something like that.

Newest version in this post:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2224637&postcount=5

Edited by Aginor
  • Like 1

Workin on the range and altitude stuff now.

For the A2A missiles I will use average values at which you have a halfway decent chance of hitting an airplane that doesn't evade too well (an AI Su-25).

For all A2G missiles usable in the flyable planes I will do a few tests and use the average value.

For the other A2G missiles I'll just measure it in missions in which the AI uses them.

You can help me by posting some values, if you wish. :)

Thanks!

That's a nice idea. I have to check how I can include such info, and still have all of it fit into the page.

On my own list there are also a few things, like weapons used by helicopters (Hellfire, HOT, Vikhr)

Maybe even those of ground units, like surface-to-surface weapons and SAM range or something.

Not sure yet.

I have to check how I can include such info, and still have all of it fit into the page

I think a column with general types of targets would be enough. Such as

S-8 KOM: Lightly Armored Targets or

S-8 OFP: Soft Targets, etc.

Maybe even those of ground units, like surface-to-surface weapons and SAM range or something

I don't think surface-to-surface would be necessary but SAM range would be really helpful!

I always feel that helpful cheat sheets like this should be sticky'd so they're easy for new players to find. :)

• 1 month later...