Couple of A10c questions

Tejkr

Hi, I'm kinda new to the DCS, I used to play warez A10c in 1.1.1.1, some time ago, I bought it and I'm running latest patch. I just have few questions I can't find answers to. First, I don't know much about flying. Just few days ago I understood the "Thrust for lift, pitch for speed" formula, angle of attack and trimming. But I can fly and kill with everything except JDAMs, but that will come later. But to my questions:

1) This happened to me yesterday. I was picking up alttitude up to 11kFt, so I can dive on a single T80. When I was like above him, I rolled my plane 180° like in this picture and I stayed like that for a while. My plane was leveled and around 210KIAS. Out of sudden, my engines stopped and I had to do apu start in flight. I had to use fuel override, but that worked only for left engine, right one didn't start at all, I guess something with fuel pump went wrong, because right fuel gauge was at 0. What happened? I had immortality on in this mission and no random failiures. Was it because of the 180° roll? Or just a bug?

Funny note, when I was almost at airport, I switched fuel override to normal and my left engine went off, so I had to land on the road like mile before runway. Sadly, it was softer landing then my usual airports landings. :D

2) Mission editor thing. I'm not sure tho, if it happened also in generated mission. My free flight mission, with smokewinders and two WIP rocket launchers. No matter if I started on ramp or runway, I had to acknowledhe something about DSMS Inventory (just a little white box on the side) on MFCD and my rocket launchers went red. I couldn't select them, I tried to change some settings in inventory page, but no effect. It says "Check stores, Ter+ store detected." It's doing just for this one loadout, other works well.

3) This is more of a dumb question, but can I see somewhere how fast my plane is dropping down (mainly because of landing) and if I'm speeding/slowing (like on Su25, where a arrow shows it right under the speed)? The number under the alttitude is actually AoA, right?

4) I rearmed at the base and I had to change the inventory. Some said that loading DSMS again should do it, but that would load my former loadout (I guess it's realistic tho). So I wanted to program my inventory, but there was no option to program my fuel tank on hardpoint 6 and my aim9 on hp 1. I could program aim9 on hp 11, but there was my jammer. Hp 1 had only bombs to choose from. I could program fuel tanks on hp 8 and 4 easily and fuel gauge was reading all three tank. What's going on here?

As far as I know, the radio is still bugged? Because sometimes, ATC (and rarely wingmen) don't respond, or they respond after few tries. This do mostly in editor missions, not in generated missions and campaign.

Thanks for the answers, this is really outstanding simulation of the greatest plane ever! Keep the hog on the prowl!

1- The A-10 has about 10 sec of fuel if you go inverted/near 0G. You probably stayed longer than that and they flamed out

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

1) Its sometimes happens that if you switch fuel override from override to normal engine is dying.

I has a following situation: i was hit and i needed more thrust so i used fuel flow override to exceed a EGT limits to get more thrust from damaged engine, then i decided to set it back to normal and engine completly lost a power.

2) Try loading your stores from data transfer unit on MFCD LOAD page (use load DSMS option).

3) You have a VSI (vertical speed indicator) this gauge shows you how fast u climb or descend. It has a white CLIMB caption.

And you do not have a gauge in A-10 that shows if you are slowing down or speeding up.

The number below barometric altitude is a flight patch angle its not the same as AOA.

4) I never experienced such problems, do you installed any mods?

DCS A-10C is only for enthertaiment??? Not for me.

JDAM manual is classyfied??? Not for me.

Lies sounds like a truth??? Not for me.

Knowlege is for kids??? Nope, its for me.

2) Did you use the "Prepare Mission" option? With this you can change some settings for the A10 that will show up like that when you actually run the mission. I don't know what exactly can be affected like that, but that's my best guess. You can compare the files/folders in a *.miz file by opening it with winrar for example and simply delete the files/folders you don't find in a mission that was not "prepared".

4) Usually you would load the DSMS page again, like you already heard. You do this by getting the LOAD page back on: Hold any page button on the MFD you want to have the LOAD page on, for example MSG on right MFCD. Then options with all available pages appear. Now you select LOAD and click on the page you want to replace, MSG in this case (as you rarely need it).

Now you can select the LOAD page again, just like it would be from a fresh startup. You can now select "LOAD DSMS", as you don't need to "LOAD ALL" again. It will automatically load your current loadout

Oh yeah, I understand the first issue. I read about that in manual, but I didn't connect it to this case. Guess there's more to the flying then I thought!

2) and 4) were solved by reinstall. Now I can assign weapons to their hardpoints and nothing is red. Interesting bug :D

I'm not using easy comms anymore, with manual radio operation, they always respond. This is just a little observation and since I'm flying with everything off from beginning, I don't know why I used this bugged radio thing.

Actually 5) is just a triffle, but when I do ramp start, can I somehow change where I will start? Let's say on Krymsk airport, I want to start not in shelters and I want my wingmen to start close to me, not all around the airport.

Edited by Tejkr

And I need to ask another things :D

6) Can I somehow map mouse click to controls? Like I would love to switch between free camera and clicking cross by left mouse click, but I can't map mouse to those.

7) I'm playing with rumble pad. I was thinking about mapping thrust on one of my analog. When pulled up, the thrust would go up and vice versa. But when I touch the analog, the thrust goes to the midle and it behaves like a stick. Is there any way, I can set it up?

8 ) I can't find anything, that would center my camera (and zoom at the best)... I was trying few "center ..." options in view settings, but non of them would just center the camera at its default position. I remapped a lot of keys, so I need the name of a option...

Please, answer me boys, enthusiastic player here, craving for help :D

Edited by Tejkr

5: You can determine the parking position for a ramp start that in the mission editor.

6: Maybe Alt + C is what you're looking for?

7: I think there is an option in the axis fine tune options (or whatever they're called) which lets you designate the input type as a Slider. I don't really know what it does but maybe it is something that helps you?

8: By default numpad 5 lets you recenter the view and numpad enter lets you reset the zoom. You can search for them in the input menue by just pressing them and see what the function is called.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Actually no answer was correct and I feel bad just typing this, but:

5) When I choose ramp start, my plane jumps on one parking position, when I try to drag it somewhere else, it just sticks to that one position. I can drag it, but it will return back. I can put it on different airfield, but I can't change parking positions. Maybe I have to hold some key while draggin?

6) No, acutally I binded it to my gamepad key, but I want to switch between it with mouse click, unfortunately, I can't bind mouse to it.

7) The slider, at least as I tried it, works the same for the throttle as without it. When I move the stick, it centers the throttle and I can just swing it back and forth.

8 ) Yes, this was actually correct, I was in cockpit view, and the reset cameras is in view section :D NumEnter was actually reset zoom, you were right on this one :)

Thanks for the answers tho!

Edited by Tejkr

5) When I choose ramp start, my plane jumps on one parking position, when I try to drag it somewhere else, it just sticks to that one position. I can drag it, but it will return back. I can put it on different airfield, but I can't change parking positions. Maybe I have to hold some key while draggin?

You have to select the parking spot number in the dropdown checkbox (to the right of the start on ramp option).

[sIGPIC]sigpic70266_4.gif[/sIGPIC]

Snooze-81st-vFS

Oh yes, that's so true! I didn't even saw that dropdown box there, thanks!

How does the reputation works? For good answer one point up?

Haha thanks man! Just click on the red box `add to reputation` and `I approve` for one point up yes!

• Like 1

Snooze-81st-vFS

Yes, and I have another question.

When I want to shutdown A10, master caution start beeping. Am I supposed to turn the volume down somehow, or mute it every time I switch something off? Or am I doing something wrong? :D

Yes, and I have another question.

When I want to shutdown A10, master caution start beeping. Am I supposed to turn the volume down somehow, or mute it every time I switch something off? Or am I doing something wrong? :D

You are not doing anything wrong, its just warning you of the hydraulic and system losses when the engines fail to provide power or you just simply turn of the avionics. Just reset it by pressing the Master Warning.

If it turns on in any other situation than during startup/shutdown then you have a major problem! :)

Edited by GripenNG

Snooze-81st-vFS