Plane is uncontrollable/immediate stall

Matty

Hello,

I have the problem, that I'm unable to control the A10c, any axis movement don't show any effect on the flightpath on the plane, even if the ingame-joystick and rudders/aileron/elevation on the plane move.

If I start in mid-air, the plane is at >250 and immediatly crashes (stalls?), if I respawn the plane, it crashes in the exact same spot, any movement on my joystick doesn't show any effect, even though the ingame-joystick and thrust-lever moves, and the aileron and elevation on the outside move too (both in air and on ground), but it doesn't affect the flightpath in anyway.

If I start on ground, the only thing that affects the 'flight'-path is the wheel, full extended flaps or pulling the elevation don't get the plane off the ground, not even the tiniest bit.

I attached a replay from a midair start.

Did anyone else encounter this problem, every other plane and helicopter works perfectly, even the A10a, just the A10c doesn't.

Best regards,

Matty

axis.trk

Edited by Matty

Have you checked in the options menu for any abnormal axis tuning for your joystick? I have never seen such behaviour without any inputs, and my gut feeling tells me it looks like something is inducing this.

I could be wrong, but I would suggest you looking into the joystick axis.

[sIGPIC]sigpic70266_4.gif[/sIGPIC]

Snooze-81st-vFS

Have you checked in the options menu for any abnormal axis tuning for your joystick? I have never seen such behaviour without any inputs, and my gut feeling tells me it looks like something is inducing this.

I could be wrong, but I would suggest you looking into the joystick axis.

Checked it, result is still the same, even without the joystick and controlling via keyboard it looks exactly like in the track I uploaded. Also reset of trimm didn't work.

But I noticed, that there are two small flaps at the front of the wings directly next to the fuselage are opening, they are looking like air inlets, maybe these cause the wierd behaviour? I never noticed them before and don't know what they are.

Edited by Matty

Maybe deleting your input folder will help?

I have never heard of anything like it. I did have some issues with aircraft acting weird with force feedback enabled, but nothing like you described.

Otherwise reinstalling might be the fastest option.

Has it always been like this?

Edited by fixen

Maybe deleting your input folder will help?

I have never heard of anything like it. I did have some issues with aircraft acting weird with force feedback enabled, but nothing like you described.

Otherwise reinstalling might be the fastest option.

Has it always been like this?

No change, I deleted the complete DCS-Folder in Saved Games.

Verification of the game by steam also didn't bring up any problems.

Reinstall would be my last option, since downloading would take an eternity.

It has never been like this, it always worked perfectly, but I haven't been flying the A10c for some time now.

Edited by Matty

The latest updates changed the input files. If you copied your old input files into the newest install then that would be your issue. I did a complete re-install after I made that mistake.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

Looks and sounds like a controller conflict. You should double check and triple check that no other controllers are set up to send input to the stick's pitch and roll axes.

Under Options -> Misc try to check and/or un-check "Force Feedback".

If none of this helps, you could try to repair DCS World: Start -> All programs -> Eagle Dynamics -> DCS World -> Repair DCS World.

If that doesn't help either, I also vote for a complete and clean new installation, although it's my impression from reading the forums that a reinstallation won't necessarily help with such a problem. :(

But I noticed, that there are two small flaps at the front of the wings directly next to the fuselage are opening, they are looking like air inlets, maybe these cause the wierd behaviour? I never noticed them before and don't know what they are.

From the manual, section "Fuselage and Wings":

On the inside leading edge of the wings are the slats that automatically deploy according to Angle of Attack (AoA). They only have two positions and are deployed down to improve air flow to the engines at high AoA. This is governed by the Emergency Stall Prevention System (ESPS).

Seeing these extend when the stick is pulled back is totally normal.

Hi, check your camera views in controls options for A-10C. There may be conflicts there, I've seen this behavior before.

Best

Edited by BadK

BadK

MSI Z270 Gaming M7

Core I7 7700K @ 5.0 GHz

MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming Trio

Corsair Vengence DDR4 2666 32GB

Corsair LE SSD 960GB

Corsair HX 650W

Corsair H100i v2

Corsair 460X Case

Windows 10 Pro 64

CH Products (FS, PT, PP)

Oculus CV1

I also have the same problem: I can't take off with my A-10-C anymore. Also with 200 knots.... and no matter which Angle of Attack....

Tried everything.

My joystick is not the reason, I have checked that.

Also already tried it with the repair function...

Could somebody please help me?

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry for the late reply, I solved the problem with the solution I didn't want to use, by completely redownloading and reinstalling the A-10 module.

Anything else mentioned in the thread didn't solve the problem.

Good to know, thx for the update.

• 3 weeks later...
Does somebody has another advice? I don't want to loose some settings or the license by reinstalling the module once again.

Your license, in your Registry, and your settings, in your Saved Games folder, will not be affected by removing and reinstalling the sim.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Ok, I have removed and reinstalled the module but the problem still exists.....

:-(

I need to fly at very high Angle Of Attacks and so I am losing speed very fast and the engine power also seems to be very low. The whole plane seems to be very unstable and the performance seems to be very weak...

The Take Off is only possible without any load (no weapons).

The A10-C is really unflyable for me after so many years...

I have attached a Track-file.

My Problem with the performance of the A10-C.trk

Edited by GKOver

The Track-file has been corrupted. I made a new one.

You can see that I really nearly can't take off although without load.

At the end of this Track I am crashing into the ground because of the very bad performance.

It is nearly not flyable for me anymore.

If you are 110% sure that there are no double assignments are interfering and that your axis curves are set up correctly, then only the joystick itself can be the source for the problem, imo. Are there perhaps some strange curves defined (depending on the software, these don't necessarily show up when testing the stick under windows or in other games as it could be a per-game setting)?

What joystick do you use anyway?

The Track-file has been corrupted. I made a new one.

You can see that I really nearly can't take off although without load.

At the end of this Track I am crashing into the ground because of the very bad performance.

It is nearly not flyable for me anymore.

Well the track I just viewed showed an A-10 with no takeoff flaps set, APU still running going cross country and then proceeding to make a 50 degree climb straight after lift off. At stall you then decided to lower flaps for landing and then made no attempt to pull back on the stick after you regained some air speed resulting in impact with the ground.

I took over control of your track from the beginning and made a successful takeoff and flight.

I would put this down to your lack of knowledge of how to correctly fly an air plane.

BTW, if you press RCRTL & ENTER you can view your inputs.

Well the track I just viewed showed an A-10 with no takeoff flaps set, APU still running going cross country and then proceeding to make a 50 degree climb straight after lift off. At stall you then decided to lower flaps for landing and then made no attempt to pull back on the stick after you regained some air speed resulting in impact with the ground.

[...]

Yup, I witnessed the exact same thing. Using the controls indicator, there were practically no inputs for the first part of the take-off run, then some left stick input, and then finally a slight pull back on the stick so the aircraft could finally lift off at approximately 190 KIAS. Even fully loaded it should be able to take off at less than 150 KIAS and I'm sure it would have if there had been a pull back on the stick.

Also, the control surfaces seemed to follow the control inputs, so yeah, I'd say there's probably something wrong with the stick.

Indeed. As Thumper points out, it's all down to you.

You reach nearly 200 KIAS on the runway, rotation speed with a loadout of similar weight to what you were carrying would around 130 KIAS. You then pull to 50 degrees of pitch, well beyond what the A-10C could ever sustain (the max stable climb angle after takeoff would be 7-13 degrees depending on weight & drag).

Either you're control config is incorrect, or you need to learn the basics of how to fly.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

I took over control of your track from the beginning and made a successful takeoff and flight.

I would put this down to your lack of knowledge of how to correctly fly an air plane.

I am already flying sims since 1984. I never had such problems with DCS and the A-10C!!!

It doesn't mean anything if you were able to successful take over the plane and land it because it was on your PC.....

With the other planes like the SU25T I am still not having such problems.

And: I am also not to stupid for Take Off. Because with just a little load (e.g. 2 GBU10), it is absolutely impossible. No matter how I set the flaps....

I also watched my joysticks movements now. This doesn't seem to be the problem.

With load (bombs, but not overloaded) my plane just lifts his nose (10 °) but it won't get height.

I have this problem since the update before the last update. Never before.

I also attached a new Track file.

No load at all, flaps 10°, AOA is OK, I am pulling the stick as usual. But I can't reach a take off.

Updated - My Problem with the performance of the A10-C Update 2.0.trk

Edited by GKOver

GKOver, something is really odd there. First I thought as well that a axis mapping or something like that must be the cause. In your first track, neither your flight stick nor the controls indicator showed much deflection - which then resulted in the problems you described - but as such it was at least consistent.

But now I watched your last track: I see you move the stick in all directions, fully deflected and the controls indicator reflects this as well. Then you start rolling ... rolling off to the left into the grass and accellerate on the ground until you hit a aircraft shelter. You probably corrected the left turn (caused probably by the wheel brakes), but the aircraft already ignored your control inputs. I also never saw you move the stick again when the aircraft was rolling. Neither in the cockpit nor at the controls indicator.

Which leads me to ... dunno. You had problems with a track earlier and this one seems to be broken in some way as well. What happens if YOU play back that track? What do you see then happening?

You said, you tried a repair already. What version number is displayed in the lower right corner of the DCS main screen? Also post your autoupdate_log.txt from the DCS directory - perhaps your DCS World and/or A-10C never really got properly updated?