DOGS OF WAR - Server thread

dooom

WELCOME TO THE DOGS OF WAS SERVER!

3793551767.png

We have started this thread as a means to collaborate with our community of users and ensure the most recent information remains available to you all. Please watch this space for updates on missions, events, skin packs and teamspeak details. Our goal is to get more folks flying together so we will be using this thread as the main library for all things DoW and hope you continue to find value in it.

So what do we want from you?

We want your feedback! - Share your insights, gameplay recommendations, ideas and experiences here and we will do what we can to continue building a great experience for everyone.

Thank you again for joining us online as we try to present a fun environment for the WWII orientated DCS modules. For more information on the Dogs of War, please visit our website by clicking the banner below

banner%20ED%20Forum.jpg

SERVER NEWS

NOVEMBER - DECEMBER 2014 BONDS 4 BOMBS PROGRAM IS IN EFFECT! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS!!

SERVER DETAILS

Server name: Dogs of War

Server IP Direct connect: 71.172.242.79:10308

Server Game Version: 1.2.10.3582

Teamspeak 3: [Dogs of War] TS3 Server

Teamspeak 3 IP: dow-dcs.duckdns.org **NEW AS OF FEBRUARY 5th, 2016**

Password: DoW

OFFICIAL DoW SKINPACK

All custom skins in our mission rotation are included in this pack. Check back here regularly as we are sure to update and/or add new ones to our missions.

DoW official livery Pack 1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oyjln5ksb5pqvye/DoW%20Server%20Livery%20Pack%201.zip?dl=0

DoW official livery Pack 2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jb7g44pdz3o9mbk/DoW%20Server%20Livery%20Pack%202.zip?dl=0

Last updated 3/01/15

DoW official livery Pack 3

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yt4aeagi86pd1r3/DoW%20Server%20Livery%20Pack%203.zip?dl=0

Last updated 5/28/15

(Please do not modify or use these files as templates. We chose to release these liveries to the public so they could be enjoyed on our server and not for personal projects.)

CURRENT MISSION ROTATION

Due to space restrictions, the briefings have been removed from this thread.

Current rotation is as follows. All missions include P51, FW190, BF109K and last 2hours.

1 Case Blue

2 Looselips

3 Refuge 11

4 Frog of War

5 Mustangs vs Doras

6 Drei Schwein

7 Mudskipper

8 Dogs of WWII

9 River Raiders

10 Winter Warz

11 Itsy Bitsy

12 DuckHunt

13 DrainPipe

14 Aye Aye

15 Joust

16 Hambonez

17 Red vs Blue

18 Hill Kingz

19 Boxer

20 Bodenplatte

21 DarkHeart

22 Mustang Dawn

23 KnuckleBlood

Edited by dooom
  • Like 1

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any plans to make the server larger in the future? With the 109 and spit coming its going to get crowded pretty quick.

What exactly do you mean by "larger?"

A decent influx of donations might convince me to open up our new and improved 2nd dedicated server (which is in the testing stage) but it will still be limited to 32 clients for now. Otherwise I need to come up with a solid way to make this "service" I have been providing a financially viable one for the long term.

And while we are on the subject, if you have been joining & enjoying the DoW Combat Server and would like to help keep it going please visit the website (http://www.webfortress.com/dogsofwar) locate the donation link and make a contribution of any amount you can manage. It's truly appreciated and I would like to keep this thing alive and kicking.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

I haven't had a chance to enjoy your server yet, but I plan to.. now that I have a new Hotas AND have ironed out the bugs.

That said, I will most certainly Donate.

I appreciate the time and effort people put into good servers. It's worth a few $$ to me each month.

SnowTiger:joystick:

Hi guys, thanks for the server (again).

My humble opinion is that the flak in Loose Lips is excessive. Human vs Human combat is limited because players are taking damage from flak before they are able to make contact with their human opponents.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

OK - the site is pretty quiet on the forums as we all try to squeak in sunshine and fresh air before winter sets in. I'm sure a moderator will approve your access soon. Until then, we look forward to flying with you and chatting on TS!

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

Okay, it seems I have the TS Server info, but I cannot log into your site until I receive confirmation from a Site Administrator or something to that effect.

Sorry about that SnowTiger, you should have access now. I thought I activated your account from my phone a few days ago but it must not have gone through. Let me know if you still can't log in.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by an airplane."

Dogs of War Dedicated WWII Server Thread

So I queried folks on the server regarding your report and it certainly sounds like this might be a one-off issue. Can you screen shot the anomaly and post it? do you see the missing textures for other missions using the same geographic areA?

So I queried folks on the server regarding your report and it certainly sounds like this might be a one-off issue. Can you screen shot the anomaly and post it? do you see the missing textures for other missions using the same geographic areA?

I'm gonna try a repair tonight, but it's an extremely odd issue. Runways, buildings, vehicles and all have textures, but the terrain is all orange and distracting.

I'll report back and let you know!

hey guys, i just wanted to inform you, that guys from 141st are stealing your missions.they just renamed the dogs of wwii winter warz mission and run it on their 141st server. just a notice from an old friend and the builder of that specific mission.they claimed that they took advantage of that mission with track recording...if that is possible, than they probably have other missions from dow as well....pretty cheap that they dont even ask. shame on the thief

hey guys, i just wanted to inform you, that guys from 141st are stealing your missions.they just renamed the dogs of wwii winter warz mission and run it on their 141st server. just a notice from an old friend and the builder of that specific mission.they claimed that they took advantage of that mission with track recording...if that is possible, than they probably have other missions from dow as well....pretty cheap that they dont even ask. shame on the thief

Our goal is to fly only environment is no need to stretch that far. :mad:

20031132427441934310053.jpg

David I dont found write for you. You are just kind. Everybudy know..141st Squadron dont have dedicated server. We opened a server for fun. And this is not thievery. Everybudy have the missions own pc.

ASUS SABERTOOTH X79

İ7 3820 3,6 Ghz

Zotac NVDIA Geforce GTX 770 GDDR5 2GB AMP Edition X 2 SLI

GSKILL 2133Mhz 16GB ram

Coller Master 2012 EVO Cpu Cooler

Coller Master chasis

High Power 1200W psu

Saitek X55 Flight Controller

TrackIR 4 pro

guys, if you have only the slightest clue how much work it is, how many hours it takes to make such missions, then you should appreciate what the dow guys, or any other mission builders/servers do for the community.

sometimes people are sitting weeks for only one mission(heck ive read just yesterday here on the forums about a guy who built a mission for over 1year).

if you think about that, dont you think it is just fair to ask the mission builder or the guys running the server if its ok for him/them to use that mission??

i have to confess that until yesterday i wasnt aware that its that easy to just grab another guys mission.im pretty shocked that this is really working the way it is.

but especially in this case, where you without any effort just have to play on a sever once, and then easily have access to hours or weeks of work of someone, it is not too much to ask if it is ok to take that mission.

i think that should be common sense out of respect to the guys putting the work into such missions.

i know you guys didnt know that it was me who built the mission, but you guys knew where you got the mission from.the dow guys not only have server threads here, but they have their own website as well, also they play on their server...so there is plenty of oportunities to ask.

EDIT: also once you ask, you might be surprised how generous people can be.

Edited by 9./JG27 DavidRed

Thanks for the conversation here guys - I think it is safe to say we care and there is merit to continue this conversation but i think it has ran as far as it needs to go on this thread. Let's please not get the thread locked and avoid further comment on the issue here. DoW is here to support the enjoyment of the WWII DCS Community and would like to invite constructive commentary to continue at our forums here if needed: http://www.webfortress.com/dogsofwar/forum/

Thanks for understanding. Now get online and fly!

Edited by dooom

Very good, dooom,

I was going to add a bit more from a mission designer's point, but you wrapped it up nicely.

Wrecking Crew

• Like 1

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

few days ago action on the [DoW] server

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

Good video, I like your flying style. It is just as effective, if not more to take some one out of the fight as it is to shoot them down. Not only can you start attacking his wingman but now he has to fly all the way back to base before he can comeback and attack you again. Thanks for sharing!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by an airplane."

Dogs of War Dedicated WWII Server Thread

Thank you to those who helped play test the new DoW mission yesterday evening. This latest creation from dOoOm is sure to be one we enjoy for quite a while.

Also keep a lookout for the November Bonds4Bombs winning backer announcement. We have received the requisite amount to hold the drawing for this month and the one lucky pilot will be selected and announced at the end of the month. There is still time to throw your hat in the ring if interested.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access