DOGS OF WAR - Server thread

dooom

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone was having trouble starting up, and in the first two minutes of a new map blue had 88 points!:music_whistling:

Is it really possible for someone to do that so quickly?

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

During yesterday's session on TS (what a bunch of amazing people there!), I learned that there were enabled several integrity checks on both DoW's servers. The effect was almost immediate - I realized that I'm not able to join one of the servers.

Disabling all the mods via JSGME and running repair didn't helped me - I was still getting "Connection Interrupted" error message (which is little bit cryptic considering that it actually means that there is either game version mismatch or integrity check failure (but I guess there is nothing you can do about it)).

In the end, I used open beta (for which I was dead sure that I wasn't putting any mods whatsoever into it) and compared the whole directory structure between regular DCS installation and open beta one. Doing this, I realized that before start using JSGME I manually installed mod that was putting some extra EDM files to particular directories. After deleting these extra files, I was able to join both of the servers.

I'm not sure if there is some more easier way how to check what files are causing integrity check to fail.

So to prevent anyone else having similar troubles - I would like to ask whether it will be possible to let us know what particular directories are subjects of integrity checks?

And by the way, thank you very much for altering the weather in River Riders mission - it is definitely easier to start the P-51's engine now.

I too have searched my directories for *.EDM and have not found anything out of place. I only find .EDM files in 2 locations and they all appear to be Eagle Dynamics Software Files.

However, I also continue to have connection issues.

SnowTiger:joystick:

Unfortunately I really don't remember what exact files did I have to delete; it is possible that integrity check is failing on any extra files in directories that are being checked (not sure about the exact behaviour).

The obvious solution of last resort is uninstall and deletion of any files that might have left after uninstallation.

With having user's setting backed up (C:\Users\<user_name>\Saved_Games\DCS), it could be relatively painless one.

Or, once (if) we'll know what exact directories are checked, delete these exact directories and run the repair (which should re-download them).

And one more thing - today, I noticed that DoW servers are no more allowing objects to be exported (allow_object_export in network.cfg), thus you cannot see the other airplanes in TacView log.

While I'm aware that having the export turned on could allow people to cheat, I still think that ability to have a flight log with all the data (speed, alt, Gs, ...) recorded is really great feature. Especially if you're flying in formation with someone and at least trying to use some tactic maneuvers.

You can of course create these TacView logs later, when replaying the track, but we all know how "reliable" these tracks are.

DCS file integrity checks either the file directly, or whole directories. When checking the whole directory, the exact files must match with no extra files or it will fail the check.

Maybe servers doing so could identify not only the files being checked, but the number of files in whole directories that are being checked. That way a client can more easily identify their problem with passing the integrity check.

I don't know if there is any ill effect of advertising the specific folders that are being scrutinized but in an attempt to work with some loyal guests of the DoW server I am offering the following information:

An integrity check may or may not be looking at files in the following directories between the two DoW servers currently operating.

"Config/Weapons",

"Scripts/compile.lua",

"Bazar/World/Shapes",

"CoreMods/WWII Units/Shapes",

We have been trying out several configurations in an attempt to make the environment as fair and equal as possible for all clients while also keeping stability a top priority. It is unfortunate that any of the server operators have to go to these lengths but with the profusion of "mods" out there we feel we needed to attempt to restrict some things.

Keep providing your feedback, and as always, we will do our best to make sure we get you guys connected.

:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

And one more thing - today, I noticed that DoW servers are no more allowing objects to be exported (allow_object_export in network.cfg), thus you cannot see the other airplanes in TacView log.

While I'm aware that having the export turned on could allow people to cheat, I still think that ability to have a flight log with all the data (speed, alt, Gs, ...) recorded is really great feature. Especially if you're flying in formation with someone and at least trying to use some tactic maneuvers.

You can of course create these TacView logs later, when replaying the track, but we all know how "reliable" these tracks are.

I agree. Being able to do a quick review in TacView immediately after a DoW game has been immensely helpful.

Have there been cases of rampant cheating that's resulted in this change?

I think the denial of file export was an unintentional change while we were adjusting the integrity check stuff. I just looked and #2 is allowing it. I will make the change on the #1 server when I have an opportunity to restart it.

I agree with you guys and we find TacView very useful as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have you guys disabled the auto record track feature for multiplayer? I get tracks from other servers but not yours.

The mission with the trucks in the canyon is very cool btw.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Thanks gavagai..

yeah the tacview export was unintentionally disabled when we introduced our integrety check. I believe it is back up now. confirm?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

I kept getting a 'Connection Interrupted' error after about 2-3 minutes on server #2 around 16:00 EST today, when I had been able to connect fine at noon. What normally triggers this?

I was able to connect and play on server #1 instead, but just curious as to what the issue might have been.

I kept getting a 'Connection Interrupted' error after about 2-3 minutes on server #2 around 16:00 EST today, when I had been able to connect fine at noon. What normally triggers this?

I was able to connect and play on server #1 instead, but just curious as to what the issue might have been.

same issue here - got 'connection interrupted' on server#2 between 22:30-00:00 GMT+2 while on server #1 it was very stable.

just to clarify : the 'connection Interrupted' always happened after - 5-6 min while in gameplay

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular

same issue here - got 'connection interrupted' on server#2 between 22:30-00:00 GMT+2 while on server #1 it was very stable.

just to clarify : the 'connection Interrupted' always happened after - 5-6 min while in gameplay

This sounds like possibly a ping/latency issue. I don't think an integrity check would allow you to fly and then disconnect you. And unless you were repeatedly team killing or something equally disruptive I doubt anyone kicked you from the server intentionally. When was the last attempt? We do have our occasional DCS crash which will produce the same message.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello , I n ' still can not connect to the server even after a 2 Repairing , no mod is installed . Is the other person also have problems ?

I haven't been able to log in to either Server (#1 or #2) for a few days due to the Connection Interrupted warning.

I have no mods installed.

I'm sorry to hear this, guys. The strange part is that we have had many clients fly for hours on end with no problem. I don't watch the servers all day, but at times yesterday I saw ~35-38 clients flying between the two DoW servers. I also flew yesterday morning & evening for quite a while on server #2. I will continue to try and figure this out by looking for similar issues here on the threads and talking to the other DoW guys.

To be clear: You can see both servers on the master list but when you try to connect you get a connection interrupted message while loading?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This sounds like possibly a ping/latency issue. I don't think an integrity check would allow you to fly and then disconnect you. And unless you were repeatedly team killing or something equally disruptive I doubt anyone kicked you from the server intentionally. When was the last attempt? We do have our occasional DCS crash which will produce the same message.

Tonight I'll try to connect again and will keep precise track of time connections

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular

To be clear: You can see both servers on the master list but when you try to connect you get a connection interrupted message while loading?

This is correct

I uninstalled everything and reinstalled everything:cry: I do is not the choice of starting from zero, if I want to understand the problem.

@+Mad