DOGS OF WAR - Server thread

dooom

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well its not the only ww2 server , BUT its probably the only one with a northamerican Ip :music_whistling:

That being said, i got good experience with "high Ping" (150-200) in multiplayer.

The only problem is the warp and I did not see any hint that high ping leads to 100% warping.

Sometimes it does - sometimes it doesnt.

Go on a server watch the planes - if it is not warping despite you have a high ping, go for it :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

As a reminder to those interested in continuing to fly on our server, please feel free to register at our DoW forums and introduce yourself. We will distribute passwords where we find folks whom are a good fit with our small group. Thanks so much for your support of DoW :)

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Come on over to the forum, BlitzPuppet, and register.

http://webfortress.com/dogsofwar/forum/

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

Guys, know that we are watching this thread and if you are one of those that still wants to enjoy the server we will make sure you have the opportunity. If you express interest on here you can expect to receive a PM or you can make it even easier and visit the DoW forum directly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

You guys are free to do whatever you want, but these actions make no sense to me. Is it some kind of reverse psychology tactic? I thought you were taking your server down, but all you've done is pw protect it, which you didn't need to do except to make people register on your forum? I really don't want another login/password. Most pilots never visit the forum at all and will never know what you're trying to do.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

You guys are free to do whatever you want, but these actions make no sense to me. Is it some kind of reverse psychology tactic? I thought you were taking your server down, but all you've done is pw protect it, which you didn't need to do except to make people register on your forum? I really don't want another login/password. Most pilots never visit the forum at all and will never know what you're trying to do.

I think you may be confused. This offering has been done as a courtesy. If registering on a forum is too much to handle for you, or cold starting a P-51D for that matter, then you may want to continue hosting your own server.

Please make this the last time you attempt to sabotage what we are trying to do.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes.. DoW Server is now Password Protected and closed to the general public.

There is a Notice written in Post #277 of this Thread.

In short, the Server Password(s) will be limited to DoW Squadron Pilots and a select few regulars who have Registered on DoW's Website and meet the criteria (as determined by Squadron Admins).

SnowTiger:joystick:

Since drifting close to 1.6 sounds like a bad thing...

Guys,

Let me say something I should have said earlier. The decision to lock the server was not any underhanded scheme to get you to visit a website or forum. Nor was it a recruiting tactic of some sort. It was MY decision alone and involved an interaction that occurred which will not be discussed here. Please just leave it alone.

On the bright side, since some of you guys are so damn awesome we felt obligated to amend the original plan. :thumbup: Seriously, I am very proud to have offered a server that was enjoyed by most and I appreciate the kind words.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks a lot for the proposition. You have a very nice server (sincerely), and good peoples (sincerely).

But same as i easily lose my gf in a Walmart, i don't want another login/password. And certainly not be judged to fly in a server.

Sorry for the sabotage. I love my

giphy.gif

Edited by Demon_

Attache ta tuque avec d'la broche.

Thanks a lot for the proposition. You have a very nice server (sincerely), and good peoples (sincerely).

But same as i easily lose my gf in a Walmart, i don't want another login/password. And certainly not be judged to fly in a server.

Sorry for the sabotage. I love my

The only judging that would ever take place is if a pilot abused/exploited the server in the past or if we had a reason to worry about your conduct. I'm am not aware of you doing either and I never heard a bad thing about you when you did fly with us. You are one of the greatest antagonists I've run into and it was always fun.

If you change your mind, and find your gf, let us know :lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"I don't want another login....." :doh:

It takes me no longer than 8 seconds to type the password, hit enter, and start flying with an excellent group of people... for FREE.

"Judged?" I'm HAPPY to be judged. Seriously, for a server that offers a HUGE mission rotation, TS3 with Allied /Axis channels, great guys and a secure stable environment --- JUDGE ME! I call it an HONOR to be judged and found acceptable.

Chief and the gang are in no way unfair or inconsiderate. They take great care to provide a quality server. The only real thought I ever gave to the password issue was how to GET ONE and keep flying! I have it. That, in itself, is a badge of honor. :thumbup:

Dogs of War Squadron

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

Oh DoW is awesome, people should just register on their forum.

Here is a sortie I had a while back in one of their awesome missions -

Thanks for the kind words & great video, old friend :)

We should really organize some intersquad event sometime. I bet it would be alot of fun, like old times.

Merlin

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the kind words & great video, old friend :)

We should really organize some intersquad event sometime. I bet it would be alot of fun, like old times.

Merlin

YES. Scheduled and advertised.

I'd love to see multiple ShadowPlay recording from such an event, clipped and edited for a cool movie memory of the event. Now that MP Tracks are more reliable than not, such information makes for some great shots!

Yesterday was fun out there in River Raiders. Lots of pilots and lots of action. Even some hunter /killer stuff. I like the way things are "playing out."

Dogs of War Squadron

2vwiqko.jpg

Dogs of War Squadron

My SiL downloaded a great piece of art, showing two awesome lions at rest. Darned image went to the level of individual fur strands. He found a service online that will take artwork and print it on art paper. He has a 2x3' framed lion print.

I'm sure you could find something similar. They printed it, rolled it and stuffed it in a tube for shipping. Really cool. I'm not sure if there is a high enough resolution version of that image, for printing purposes, but one of the guys might know. I think d0o0m did the work, or Whip, but I'm in no way certain.

But yeah. It is CLASSIC in it2 display, no?

I'm looking forward to my DoW mug and shirt - en route.

I think THIS PIC should be available on our DoW Store in shirt mode. I'd wear that all over town.

Edited by HeadHunter52
spelling

Dogs of War Squadron

Looks like we "might be" stuck on Itsy Bitsy again.

I just logged in to MP and see that mission has been playing for 5:19:46 (at this moment .. 7:50PM Eastern Time).

Never Mind ... Doesn't seem to be having any adverse affect. Might turn over in a few mins actually !!

Edited by SnowTiger
UPDATE

SnowTiger:joystick: