DOGS OF WAR - Server thread

dooom

Great to have you join us poly B! Don't be shy about feedback and hope to see you return!

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be back this evening :)

Hey, can bring the Stuka with you, please.:P:P

Specs: i7-4790K @4.00 ghz, EVGA 2080ti , 16GB ram, Samsung 512GB SSD x2.

Gear: Virpil Alpha stick with Mongoos T-50CM2 throttle, Combat-Pro flight pedals, Track ir 5 & Reverb G2

Drei Schwine running on Dogs of War WWII Server.

3 contested zones begging for a good ground pounding. Opposite sides have mirror image goals. A2A is an option to upset the A2G jockeys. AAA is there to keep you honest.

Can you balance your forces? Can you beat the clock? Mission completion requires flying skill and strategic thinking.

......and a bit of luck.

• Like 1

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

It would help if the rockets could come off the rails with a bit more finesse and control like they used to.

Now it seems more like you get 1 or you get them all, but difficult to pickle only 2 at a time with any repeated precision. I hope this can be corrected soon.

Otherwise it will take many flights to kill all the ground targets when shooting only 1 or 2 targets per flight (via rockets). Of course gun runs work.

SnowTiger:joystick:

It would help if the rockets could come off the rails with a bit more finesse and control like they used to.

Now it seems more like you get 1 or you get them all, but difficult to pickle only 2 at a time with any repeated precision. I hope this can be corrected soon.

Otherwise it will take many flights to kill all the ground targets when shooting only 1 or 2 targets per flight (via rockets). Of course gun runs work.

ST, have you tried adjusting the rocket counter? You can set the rocks to auto and then set the counter to 8 (assuming you have 10 loaded) then hold down on the release and you should fire off exactly two rockets simultaneously with little to no recoil. At least I think that is how it works, its been a while since I actually used the rocket counter, but I'm pretty sure the counter counts down. So for example if you want to release exactly 4 rockets, set your counter to 6 (again assuming you have ten loaded). Try that next time and let me know if that helps.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by an airplane."

Dogs of War Dedicated WWII Server Thread

ST, have you tried adjusting the rocket counter? You can set the rocks to auto and then set the counter to 8 (assuming you have 10 loaded) then hold down on the release and you should fire off exactly two rockets simultaneously with little to no recoil. At least I think that is how it works, its been a while since I actually used the rocket counter, but I'm pretty sure the counter counts down. So for example if you want to release exactly 4 rockets, set your counter to 6 (again assuming you have ten loaded). Try that next time and let me know if that helps.

It's odd numbers Whip 9, 7, 5,.... to fire pairs in auto.

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

That does work but it's a pain trying to fly and set the counter for each pair.

Prior to 1.5, I could easily pickle off 2 rockets at a time consistently while on Auto just by timing my hold on the pickle button.

Since 1.5, the rockets come off VERY Fast in succession. It is impossible to time them as I previously did.

I admit I have no idea which is most accurate in the real world and maybe 1.5 is more accurate/realistic, hence the need for the Counter.

But it was nicer before when one could basically just time the button release audibly (or instinctively ?) to know how many rockets were going to be released, without having to duck under the HUD to set each pair.

The more I fly it, the less I like it.

I'm going to try this, and set a button for that option.... decrease with each press. That oughta get me 2 at a time with good reset control. I have this odd extra unsed button on my G-13 that's been complaining about zero action lately. Selfish ill button.....

Thanks guys, for the mental prodding to come to grips with this one. It'll be a none issue soon enough.

WOOF!

Dogs of War Squadron

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

:: : : - Now Playing on Dogs of War - : : ::

"Frogs of War"

Two airfields are contested. Each has enemy ground forces locked into a stalemate. Destroy the enemy forces and take a field for your own use. It's a game of leap-frog, where the first to jump gets a serious head start.

Will you load up for some ground action, watching your overhead for the BnZ attack? Or will you hunt the hunters, and flame them while they are loaded down with ordnance?

Grab your squad mates and take advantage of one of the missions that only Dogs of War can serve up! "Frogs" is just one of many unique missions we host. Our home server boasts the largest selection of missions anywhere.

Get on TeamSpeak and coordinate your efforts. Let us know if you have a favorite!

Dogs of War Squadron

BTW - I did try the Counter today starting on 9 and set to Auto.

ALL 10 rockets flew with one press of the pickle button.

So I tried it again on Single (instead of auto) ... got 1 rocket per press.

It's Flawed.

I still say it was better when we/I could press and hold for about .25 or .5 seconds to get 2 rockets to come off when in Auto (no counter).

I used to take out 3 ships per flight being able to pickle 3 rockets with the right press/timing.

I'd like the counter to work right IF that's what we have to do, but I'd like it even better the way it was for so long ... prior to 1.5.

Obviously, I am expressing my personal choice and opinions. I don't speak for anyone but myself. I definitely don't wish to create any conflict or issues with anyone. The large majority of people appear to be happy with things which means I'm definitely in the minority. So I'm not sure what it's going to take for me to join the ranks but I'm a long way from it at present.

Happy Flights Everyone

Now I'm gonna go sulk in my corner.

Edited by SnowTiger
Just needed to correct my text.

Okay ... I take "some" of it back.

I played around with the Counter again today and had completely different results (for some unknown reason ?).

Regardless how long I held the pickle button, I was able to ripple only 2 rockets at a time as desired.

The only complaint I have remaining is the fact that we now must use this Counter to ripple accurately (as opposed to doing it manually with practiced timing of the pickle press/release) AND that we have to go heads-down to reset the Counter each time.

This wouldn't be nearly as onerous IF 1.5 didn't make it so much harder to find, see and track ground targets (than it was in 1.2). It's a drag having to take our eyes off the target(s) to reset the counter.

BTW - The first couple times I tried it, the counter kept going to 12 with each ripple making it a nuisance having to go from 12 down to whatever you want to set it at.

Subsequent attempts didn't seem to leave the counter as high (numerically) but it seems like the counter should go down ... not up ??!!!

Everyone Join us on Sunday night (Jan 24) at 2200 Zulu (5pm eastern). All are welcome and the more the better!

[DoW]King

Owned Aircraft: P-51D, F-86F, Bf 109 K-4, MiG-15bis, MiG 21bis, Ka-50, Mirage 2000, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, AV8B N/A

HOTAS: Saitek AV8R-01, Saitek X-55 Throttle

I should actually be home this weekend!!! So hopefully I'll be on!

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

I guess it's (currently) safe to say there will NOT be a Sunday Night brewhaha (unless the server and TS are fixed) ??

I will continue to look to see if the server and/or TS are up and running, prior to 5pm Eastern, just in case it gets fixed.

PS> I realize that the vast majority of issues are due to DCS Issues (i.e. out of our control). However, it appears you guys have been spending not only allot of time trying to keep things working but also on Parts.

I'm wondering if it would be worth while to try to start a little "Donation Contribution Campaign" to help assist with those additional costs ?

I will PM someone from the DoW Website/Forum to inquire about this idea.

Hope to see y'all later today.

ts3 is up - IP changed to the following:

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Also the favorites have been reset. If you can't see the server sort by names instead of favorites.

[DoW]King

Owned Aircraft: P-51D, F-86F, Bf 109 K-4, MiG-15bis, MiG 21bis, Ka-50, Mirage 2000, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, AV8B N/A

• 2 weeks later...
Great to have you join us poly B! Don't be shy about feedback and hope to see you return!

Me too, I have returned playing with you guys. At least you guys have some interesting missions and objectives instead of the endless and mindless furballs the other WWII servers offer.

Been wanting to join in on the Allied side TeamSpeak while I fly Axis, but I figure that may be frowned on as maybe cheating. Would be interesting swearing contests, though... LOL!

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Me too, I have returned playing with you guys. At least you guys have some interesting missions and objectives instead of the endless and mindless furballs the other WWII servers offer.

Been wanting to join in on the Allied side TeamSpeak while I fly Axis, but I figure that may be frowned on as maybe cheating. Would be interesting swearing contests, though... LOL!

Thanks

Thanks DieHard. I'm always happy to see you around. As far as cross team TS goes I would suggest that if we are in Lobby go right ahead and just make your situation known. Also, if you jump into our channel (Lobby or Allies) and ask to see if anyone wants to join Axis you will probably get a few takers, depending on who's on. I know I could use more practice with the 109!

[DoW]King

Attention Admin(s) >>

Looks like the Server isn't being listed in the MP Server List again.

I am in the server but 2 others tried to connect and couldn't find the server nor could they connect via Server IP.

BTW- I'd like to speak to an Admin about an incident today which occurred between 11am and 11:30am Eastern TZ during Loose Lips.