DOGS OF WAR - Server thread

dooom

Guest Johnny Red
I haven't been able to log in to either Server (#1 or #2) for a few days due to the Connection Interrupted warning.

I have no mods installed.

This is correct

I uninstalled everything and reinstalled everything:cry: I do is not the choice of starting from zero, if I want to understand the problem.

@+Mad

Same for me. I uninstalled DCS world re-downloaded and installed again, still can not connect. Not just to the DoW server but to any server

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

server #1 : why i couldn't start the mustang engine even once??? i know the procedure and in SP there are no issues with the engine start.

is there something I'm missing only to do with DOW server?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular

Guys, if you are having troubles still please try logging into both DoW servers now and let me know what happens.

server #1 : why i couldn't start the mustang engine even once??? i know the procedure and in SP there are no issues with the engine start.

is there something I'm missing only to do with DOW server?

The only thing I can think of is that your environmental temperatures in SP are different. Although starting the Mustang is more difficult/slower to start now due to some recent change with the sim (possibly a result of the high oil pressure indicated) I can consistently start the P-51D on our servers with no problems. Some people are saying to dilute the oil to make it easier but I would say in the last 100 starts I have burned out maybe 2 starters and I can honestly say those were entirely the fault of the pilot. Do you switch the mixture to run or emergency rich when starting? I always go to rich when on the ground but I'm not sure if that will solve anything.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

Guys, if you are having troubles still please try logging into both DoW servers now and let me know what happens.

The only thing I can think of is that your environmental temperatures in SP are different. Although starting the Mustang is more difficult/slower to start now due to some recent change with the sim (possibly a result of the high oil pressure indicated) I can consistently start the P-51D on our servers with no problems. Some people are saying to dilute the oil to make it easier but I would say in the last 100 starts I have burned out maybe 2 starters and I can honestly say those were entirely the fault of the pilot. Do you switch the mixture to run or emergency rich when starting? I always go to rich when on the ground but I'm not sure if that will solve anything.

Thanks Merlin-27 for the advise- gonna give it a try tonight :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular

Snowtiger and vjamako.. Is it just the dogs of war server you are having trouble with or is it other servers as well?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

edit: Utility below is obsolete, use the new version from now on - http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=137438

I take it now that integrity checks are temporarily disabled, so if you'll be able to connect, we'll know that integrity check is the root cause.

However, if you won't be able to connect after they will be enabled again and repair didn't help, then there will be probably some extra files or directories that are failing these checks. As mentioned, repair will not delete them, so user don't have much choices about discovering what is the problem.

To help a little with this task, I wrote a dumb python script that will check all the files and directories in DCS installation directory and will compare them with default, clear installation.

Options:

1] You know what python script is and you know how to run it

- download script

- download list

- save these two files into same directory (right click and "Save link as...")

- run

extra_file_checker.py path_to_dcs_installation
e.g. 
extra_file_checker.py C:\dcs

- note that if there is a space anywhere in path to your installation, you need to enclose the path in double quotes ("C:\games\dcs world")

2] Py... what?

- download zip package

- extract it somewhere

- start command line

- in command line , go to the directory with unpacked zip archive

- run

extra_file_checker.exe path_to_dcs_installation
e.g. 
extra_file_checker.exe C:\dcs

- note that if there is a space anywhere in path to your installation, you need to enclose the path in double quotes ("C:\games\dcs world")

Either way, extra files will be printed to the console + to file results.txt (created in the same directory as the script is)

Notes:

- the list is based on my clean installation. At least clean enough to connect to both DoW servers

- you can ignore about three files with name of ...Spain\Troops\10� escuadrilla.png. They will be always printed.

- if you have your DCS installed in some really cool directory that contains non-ascii characters, the script will probably not work at all. It is just a dumb one.

- if this will really help someone, I might think about rewriting it in a way that it will be using file autoupdate.dat, which seems to contain all the necessary data in neat SQL Lite format.

- if there will be some other problems with running my script, feel free to contact me via mail/jabber cpt.rookie [at] gmail [dot] com (I don't want to spam/hijack this thread)

- I scanned all the files in zip package via virustotal.com, so I'm quite sure there is no hidden surprise. But of course feel free to re-analyse them.

Edited by Cpt.Rookie

Ok, problem rule!

I think I have understood or had the problem.

I had to manually install a mod for the arming of black shark long ago, which was added files in the folder: world \ bazard \ world \shapes.

The repairs was useless since these files had been added and when the integrity verification, the record was not good.

Here we go again!:thumbup:

@+Mad

Edited by Madmax

Ok, problem rule!

I think I have understood or had the problem.

I had to manually install a mod for the arming of black shark long ago, which was added files in the folder: world \ bazard \ world \shapes.

The repairs was useless since these files had been added and when the integrity verification, the record was not good.

Here we go again!:thumbup:

@+Mad

Good to hear, Max. Can you get on both servers now?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just tried again today (sorry it has taken this long) and got the same results ... Connection Interrupted.

However, it does not apply specifically to the DoW Server. I can't get in to ANY.

I don't know what the heck the last Patch/Update did but my system worked perfectly up to that point.

I don't have ANY Mods installed that I can think of or that are being used. But then my entire DCS Directories are truly convoluted anyways. That is, in my Start Menu I have Eagle Dynamics which has DCS World and Ka-50 sub-directories (links) in it.

Then in User/... /Saved Games .. I have 2 Folders. DCS and DCS BlackShark 2.

Then in Program Files/Eagle Dynamics I have 2 sub-directories/folders ... >>

DCS World and BlackShark 2

I really have no idea why BlackShark 2 and Ka-50 are showing the way they do. EVERYTHING was installed in DCS World.

I originally had BlackShark which was ultimately reinstalled when DCSWorld came out.

Then I purchased the BS2 Upgrade and installed it.

This is now a New Computer/Hard Drive on which EVERYTHING was Newly Installed again. Starting with DCS World and then all my Mods (that I had at that time).

So like I said .. my DCS Folder Structure is completely convoluted but that didn't stop me from getting into ANY Servers until the last patch/update.

Anyway, the whole thing just makes me sick to think about it.

If I have to uninstall and reinstall everything, I'll be apt to say to hell with it altogether. I'm tired of installing, reinstalling, repairing, recreating and remaking Options and Profiles etc etc.

I just want to FLY.

SnowTiger:joystick:

I got beyond that disconnect message after disabling a mod that was just replacing the old shapes of some weapons (AIM7 and some SPRD rockets, kuznetow ship, Su-30 etc) but the strange thing was that putting all the EDM files and LOD etc in one subfolder called Backup was not enough... I had to make JSGME mod not to replace the Shapes folder from \Bazar\World\ at all!! simple changing that folder with another one with no new files was enough to get that message and disconnect while loading.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I just tried again today (sorry it has taken this long) and got the same results ... Connection Interrupted.

However, it does not apply specifically to the DoW Server. I can't get in to ANY...

...Anyway, the whole thing just makes me sick to think about it.

If I have to uninstall and reinstall everything, I'll be apt to say to hell with it altogether. I'm tired of installing, reinstalling, repairing, recreating and remaking Options and Profiles etc etc.

I just want to FLY.

SnowTiger, I'm very sorry to hear this. We enjoyed having you on the server and truly appreciate every penny you donated to the cause. I hope you find the strength to find a resolution and get back to decimating the enemy ground forces!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Attention: All Guests of the DoW Combat Server!

We will be hosting a special event called Mission Monday every Monday starting <TBA>. There will be a standing invitation to all interested mission creators out there to submit a custom mission designed by them. The missions will then be evaluated by DoW members and one worthy mission will be chosen from all entries received that month as the hosted Monday mission throughout the following month.

The rules:

- The mission must be created by the person submitting it. If help from others or resources are used beyond the default DCS program data, credit must be cited. (For example: Scripts, Mods, Skins)

- Missions that have been hosted on other DCS servers will not be eligible.

- Entries must be received by the 15th of the month to be considered for the following month's Mission Monday.

- Missions must include flyable client spots for 32 total pilots. (16 per coalition)

- Selection of aircraft used in the mission is at the discretion of the creator. (Must be WWII era)

- A mechanism to restart the mission with ample warning after 3 hours must be included & working.

- File size of the mission must not exceed 3MB.

- No profanity or offensive material of any kind shall be included, broadcast or displayed within submitted missions.

- The use of F5 view, dynamic map data or aircraft labels is discouraged.

(Rules may be changed or amended as DoW leadership deems necessary)

To Submit: Visit the DoW forums and look for the Mission Monday thread within the /Welcome to Dow/Announcements section.

As winning missions are hosted on DoW WWII Combat Server #2 we will be requesting feedback from participants and will potentially incorporate the

more popular ones into our regular weekly server rotation!

Good Luck to All!

Edited by Merlin-27

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Servers just went down.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Thanks to all those who participated in our Bonds4Bombs program! We have announced our December winner. You can check it out here:

http://webfortress.com/dogsofwar/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=264&p=1788&sid=10cae4c7b78393dec6df8f202ddd2ac2#p1788

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by an airplane."

Dogs of War Dedicated WWII Server Thread

I saw that DCS crashed (which happens from time to time) on one but the other was up and populated. Both back up now.

Happens to me too. We know it's not your fault!;)

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

had an awesome dogfight over almost 20 minutes against Cpt. Rookie today in your server. Eventually 5 minutes later i got a kill, would be interested what exactly happened, because when i broke off, your plane seemed not to much hurt :) so if you go by, just tell me.

S!

also S to the server makers...having great fun on this server lately :)

I landed and logged off. And as you've damaged me before, you got the kill.

Nice flying (:

hm, did you harm your plane while landing? or is one just randomly getting kills, if he only damages the enemy plane? damn i really was in good mood after reading that message :noexpression:

hm, did you harm your plane while landing?

No, you would see that in the chat (xxx crashed)

or is one just randomly getting kills, if he only damages the enemy plane?

I wouldn't call that "random", but basically yes. You will get a kill if you damage the enemy plane and it will log off. Usually.

I sure wish I could figure out what is keeping me from logging in ... now to ANY Multiplayer Servers ... since the last or second last Patch/Update.

As previously mentioned, I don't have any Mods installed (or certainly did not at that time).

While I'm not likely to fly much ... due to my disappointment with the Mustang's Dog-Fighting Performance, I would still like to do something other than flying by myself. Plus it would be nice to get more familiar and keep up with the New Missions etc. A couple New .. dynamic missions were uploaded just prior to my ... tantrum which seemed to be really interesting.

Anyway, keep up the great work at DoW.

January's "support payment" is on it's way.

SnowTiger:joystick:

You are the best ST! You keep reminding me why I like you... Have you tried a support ticket with ED?

Maybe we can try to connect on ts3 one night and try. Some troubleshooting?.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Do your servers support the sound MODs by diveplane for the merlin and the jumo 213? if so im wondering how i instal those, bit of a noobie when it comes to mod instals

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.