DOGS OF WAR - Server thread

dooom

I use all three, for P-51D, Fw 190D and Bf 109K without any problem on DoW servers.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SnowTiger, You generous rascal! Thanks again. We need to figure out how to get you running again... Like dOoOm said, maybe we can help sort this out over TS.

Elmo,

As far as I know you can use sound mods on our servers. I don't use any and I don't recall the install procedure but a quick search on here should get you all the info you need.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

have you installed any new programs lately? i stumbled across this post at toms hardware and thought of you snow tiger: I make NO claim to know whether this will hurt your system or not though...

The problem its that you install a program and the proxy settings changed

to fix it you need to reset the setting

to reset your proxy settings yourself, follow these steps:

On Windows XP, click Start, or on Windows Vista or Windows 7, click the windows buttom, and then click Run.

In the Run text box, copy (CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) or type the following:

reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v ProxyEnable /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

Click OK.

And again On Windows XP, click Start , or on Windows Vista or Windows 7, click the windows buttom, and then click Run.

In the Run text box, copy (CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) or type the following:

reg delete "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v ProxyServer /f

Click OK.

I had this problem today and i fixed it :D hope its fix for u too

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Are there any step by step vids or instructions for beginners on mod instaltions guys? kinda new to that side of flight sims

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Hello everyone;

Say that we must pay attention to the mods are installed. The server will check certain folders and some files if these files or folders were modified such addition or deletion of data (rows) the server will prevent the connection with the aim that everybody flight with the same parameters whatsoever fair for everyone.

To given an example if I delete the file "aircraft_guns" lines that removes smoke when pulling to avoid being dazzled, and although the server let me go because it verifies that file. If I deliver the lines I bit back again.

Some mods will pose no problem other yes.

@+Mad

Are there any step by step vids or instructions for beginners on mod instaltions guys? kinda new to that side of flight sims

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98607 is probably a good start.

As for the post from Madmax - yes, one must be quite cautious about what mods are installed when it comes to multiplayer.

Standard DCS's repair function will take care of files that might be modified and my utility (originally posted some info about it few pages back) Extra File Checker will take care of any extra files that might be preventing you to join due to integrity checks - more info at http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=137438

Edited by Cpt.Rookie

just a video

Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4 /i9-12900KF /64 Gb- G.SKILL Trident  DDR4 4000 МГц / Palit GeForce RTX 3070 Ti GameRock 8GB /Corsair HX1200 1200W 

DCS A-10C Обучающий урок "Концепция HOTAS" (RU)

DCS P-51D Руководство пилота

Обучающие миссии для Ми-8 (Радиооборудование)

Just a heads up Diveplanes K-4 2.0 sound mod is out on LOF website. If you havent already done so, install his sounds and give him support there lads.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98607 is probably a good start.

As for the post from Madmax - yes, one must be quite cautious about what mods are installed when it comes to multiplayer.

Standard DCS's repair function will take care of files that might be modified and my utility (originally posted some info about it few pages back) Extra File Checker will take care of any extra files that might be preventing you to join due to integrity checks - more info at http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=137438

FYI This helped a whole helluva lot, thanks eh.

Just wondering if you guys are implementing the use of the FuG16 system ( and whatever system the p51D uses) and its frequencies into your MP missions?Im just wondering because it becomes very difficult to type in chat to communicate with teammates and i see TS as a cheat. Just wondering if its in the works as far as you guys are concerned.

Edited by RAZBAM_ELMO

i might implement FuG16 into some new missions when the new maps are released to assist navigation over unknown terrain. I think its safe to say I wont be adding much to the existing mission set anymore. We have >13 missions now and it is very laborious to make any changes and perform QA.... There are soo many things I'd like to introduce like proper bort #s, different skins etc etc. but it is just simply a matter of time now. To update all those missions will just take too long for me :D

Let's look forward to the new maps together where I hope to get a great template created early so missions will come by easier and quicker.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

These new maps, are you referring to DCSW2 and their new map modelling tool, or are these new maps your definition of DCS Normandy?

TS is hardly a Cheat IMO.

I think Flying and Typing is WAY more dangerous than driving and texting on a cell phone.

Especially when the second you take your hand off the stick, your plane is usually trying to go anywhere but where you want it.

And in the Real World, NO ONE does Texting while Flying. The ONLY use Speech/Radio.

Just Food for Thought !

SnowTiger:joystick:

Hey ST - have you been able to resolve your connection issue?

Hi Doom

Nope. I have tried a few different things to no avail and have just given up for now.

I'm hoping that with the release of DSC W2 all will be fixed (and hoping that is sooner rather than later).

On the other hand, I did see that you guys have offered some help over TS ... which I appreciate. I just haven't really had the time to take you up in it yet. But I surely will sooner rather than later (assuming the World Update doesn't come soon .. and I'm not holding my breath !!).

Thanks.

I will be in touch.

SnowTiger:joystick:

I think Dooom is referring to NTTR, Hormuz and eventually Normandy.

Why do you view TS as a cheat? Too effective?

I do, It's more the immersion factor for me. I personally find it annoying when your using battle comms and all of a sudden PC Penny comes on to let you know somebody came into your channel. I would just find it cool to be limited to a four person flight and communicate with other flights but have to change channels in game to do so because we all know how well ALT=TAb works with DCS. Wouldn't that just be the coolest thing to be in a DoW server you've taken off and are flying to the battlespace and you're adjusting your radio and hear the faded frantic calls for help as you dial in the frequencies? That last point was talking from a Mustang pilots POV, you'd just hear the calm cold effective communications throughout the German radios lol :megalol:

Plenty of immersion within TS from my experience. To refuse to use such a thing is like throwing away a warthog and using your keyboard to fly because it's not an actual WWII flight stick with two buttons.

And as an FYI we do have separate channels on our TS server so that there are options to avoid excessive chatter if that is detracting from your experience.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Plenty of immersion within TS from my experience. To refuse to use such a thing is like throwing away a warthog and using your keyboard to fly because it's not an actual WWII flight stick with two buttons.

And as an FYI we do have separate channels on our TS server so that there are options to avoid excessive chatter if that is detracting from your experience.

Hard to map different TS channels when your pit doesn't have a keyboard easily accessible. The cyclic is in my way and the KG13 grip only has so many buttons lol.

EDIT: What I may do is put a small panel with 5 or 6 momentary push buttons and map them to whisper but again it comes into the realism side where it isn't really that realistic. I guess thats only me though.

Edited by RAZBAM_ELMO

I agree with you that a more realistic radio simulation would be cool. I have been meaning to try ARIES as Dooom pointed out but just haven't got there yet. I'm also in the process of building a usb peripheral to mimic the scr522 with it's 5 buttons in hopes of a more immersive comms experience down the road. Until then, we just make due with what we have.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I agree with you that a more realistic radio simulation would be cool. I have been meaning to try ARIES as Dooom pointed out but just haven't got there yet. I'm also in the process of building a usb peripheral to mimic the scr522 with it's 5 buttons in hopes of a more immersive comms experience down the road. Until then, we just make due with what we have.

Loud and clear