Enhanced and detailed grass mod

T. Jacob

from far (40-50m) distance the grass and stones are blurry I use the Extreme.lua mod.

Ist it posible change in the lua some parameters for a near view?

Yes Maverick. If you're using a mod on visibility, you must add the change to the file using the mod. If your Extreme.lua file replaces any of these (Low.lua - Medium.lua - High.lua) then open it and edit the lines that I put in the first post. Then you still have extreme visibility and more visibility range for grass.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive seen higher fps with this and other mods than in my vanilla DCS open beta.

Also an improved sense of speed travelling low over the ground in a helo.And nice complexity from height without any significant tiling effect.

Edited by aceviper

What is new about this mod? just the detail of the grass.

noise_smallbmp.jpg~original

Those who are already using their favorite terrain mod...

example: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=115359 or http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=132444

...can simply add detail to the grass. Even those who prefer the original textures of DCS, but want to add the detail of the grass, just install folder:

LandTextures

and delete..

LandTexturesAutumnOther

LandTexturesSpringOther

LandTexturesSummerOther

LandTexturesWinterOther

But should consider editing the file Medium.lua or Low.lua or High.lua in lines, which I mentioned in the first post (132 and 134) [Medium, low and High correspond to the choice of visual range of DCS, in the general settings of DCS.]

Edit: I use the Medium option in visual range. But I edited that file, so it's not the original. If you have also edited that file and do not want to lose his personal edition, just change your file at line 132 and 134. I hope I explained it well

Edited by T. Jacob

^^^ Yep this is exactly what i have done, i prefer the terrain textures that i already use (yours are great T.Jacob don't get me wrong) but i just have to use that low alt noise texture!

Yes Mustang, it is exactly what I want, enjoy your favorite textures. Everyone should be taking the best of each mod

So, this can be installed over the Terrain Village mods and it will only replace the grass?

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

So, this can be installed over the Terrain Village mods and it will only replace the grass?

This mod replaces the textures "noise" large and small. But you can only replace the small (grass) by removing folders LandTexturesAutumnOther, LandTexturesSpringOther, LandTexturesSummerOther, LandTexturesWinterOther of this mod.

• Like 1

Can someone explain the noise factor values to me? For me the 'long distance' texture blends (with noise) to soon in. in other words, the noise starts quite near to the unit which leads to a blurry, almost blinky (when moving) texture...

After some further testing..by just adding the noise textues ie.. Landtextures folder to default DCS I am seeing a big FPS rise when taxing on the ground.So not only does this part of the mod improve the look of the ground but seems to me to be easier on your system.

ED take note.

+rep :thumbup:

LOVING THIS BRAND NEW TERRAIN MOD ! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

TIz1P.jpg

Either it´s a scale model of a F-15 or the Grass is HUGE!:D

Win7 64bit Ultimate / MSI MPOWER Z97 / i7 4790K@4,4GHz / Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E / EVGA GTX980 Superclocked ACX 2.0 / 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 / Creative SB X-Fi / Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB SSD / 1TB WD Black Caviar HD / Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1050W / Be Quiet Base 800 / TM Warthog HOTAS / TrackIR 5

Either it´s a scale model of a F-15 or the Grass is HUGE!:D

Unfortunately the grass is quite large. To make true scale grass texture perhaps should have at least 20000 px, and that's too much for one texture. The video card must load each texture in his memoirs throughout the simulator. Perhaps this is why ED does not generate detailed textures. It is still possible to bring texture to 8192 px. Perhaps in an update. But everything is not possible, there are always limitations. :(

Hello again. Finally I finished the changes. This time, it is only the grass texture.

What's new?

New more realistic scale. Now the grass is smaller, the texture has increased by 200%

Enhanced clarity. The grass, gravel and earth are now more sharp. Has been increased by 80% the clarity of the texture.

Eliminated visual vibration. The visual noise or vibration to be in motion has been removed. Has been added to the texture MIP maps. (Content in texture)

Increased visibility. It has increased the visibility of the texture without losing fps.

Download herehttps://www.mediafire.com/?4mchfmebtcossld

Install with JSGME or add folders and files in their proper place.

Thank you! :thumbup:

Win7 64bit Ultimate / MSI MPOWER Z97 / i7 4790K@4,4GHz / Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E / EVGA GTX980 Superclocked ACX 2.0 / 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 / Creative SB X-Fi / Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB SSD / 1TB WD Black Caviar HD / Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1050W / Be Quiet Base 800 / TM Warthog HOTAS / TrackIR 5