I need help with skinning

Saberwolf

AFAIK one skin fits all.

The way I understand it is you create your skin, then you add it to the relevant aircraft folder in DCS World and then you can apply the skin to the aircraft belonging to any nation.

E.g. if it's an A-10 skin, add the new skin to the A-10 folder in DCS then you can apply it to any nation's A-10 aircraft by selecting it in the mission editor.

I'm sure if I'm wrong someone with more knowledge will correct me.

:thumbup:

Edited by Tumbleweed

My Hangar: P-51D Mustang - KA-50 Blackshark - A-10C Warthog - F-86F Sabre - FC3 - Combined Arms - UH-1H

My Flying Adventures: www.dcs-pilot.com :pilotfly:

Limiting which countries that can use an aircraft skin is possible through the last line of the description.lua file that should be included in your skin folder. The last line will look like:

countries = {}

Inside the {}, add a country in quotes ("") to allow that country to use the skin, with a comma between each country. Please note, however, that you must know the specific country abbreviations, for example "Turkey" does not work, "TUR" must be used. I am not aware of any list of all country abbreviations, but they should be easy to find by looking through the different skins' files.

In the end it will look like this(taken from A-10C Grey skin code):

countries = {"TUR", "UK", "NETH", "BEL", "DEN"}

Hope this helps.

Also look in a deafult [P-51 has all I believe] livery folder > description.lua and it will show all the countries

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45