Mustang's land textures zip file package

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The link in Mustang's sig is always your best bet.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Jap, that's where I got it from. Usually it works fine.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

Hi, i have made another update to the package yesterday and made some major optimisations to many of the textures, among which are the tree textures - please re-download the package and see if you still have the problem (note that tree shadows can also cause bad fps problems)

Thanks Mustang I will download the new set.

I don't use shadows GPU very low GT525m 1GB :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Attitude Power Trim Power Attitude Trim

Wing Commander SWAC

What do you mean? what's wrong with the mountain textures?

edit: this pic was taken yesterday in the AO server

BENhKDZ.jpg

They look nice up close but the like mush in the distance.

Per your advice I'm using a modification to the noiseback setting. I found though that to get realistic looking mountains at distance I had to use a crazy high value - currently 250000. Oddly I didn't see any performance impact on my system (maybe 2-5 FPS at most).

Just want to say that I love the "extra snowy" version of your textures. I feel like Santa buzzing around above it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rig: i7-6850K, Sapphire 6900XT, 32GB RAM, Asus X99-Pro board.  Gear: VPC WarBRD/MongoosT-50 Stick, VPC MongoosMT-50 Throttle, VKB T-Rudders Mk.IV Pedals, HP Reverb G2.

Just want to say that I love the "extra snowy" version of your textures. I feel like Santa buzzing around above it.

Yep it's my favorite winter texture set too :)

JEfofHx.jpg

Mustang, could it be possible to name each individual release with a different version number?

You make a very good job at updating the addon so frecuently, but it's very difficult to track the latest updated version without a version number.

Yes from now i'll include the full date on the filename so versions can be identified easier.

Edited by Mustang
  • Like 2

Yes from now i'll include the full date on the filename so versions can be identified easier.

Hello guys,

Thanks Mustang for this news, it's really perfect.

Skull.

Dear Mustang! What do you think about the background of trees from ВЗОР? It works on all seasons. And the runway for winter by Starway ...

If you could still get rid of the shadows of the trees .... Sorry for my English

Screen_170425_130701.thumb.jpg.941e8a530788debd2c7b95e2860cdf0c.jpg

Screen_170425_131119.thumb.jpg.aa211e818fc60263edb8c75b1bdceae7.jpg

Screen_170408_143343.thumb.jpg.14458c040818ebe7abfc84e74f1b9071.jpg

Edited by =GoR-07=Vlad

Just a heads up. The last DCS release version update (patch) broke my Mustang mod. An easy fix was just to reload it through JGSME. I usually remove all mods before installing an update but I forgot last time.

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Hi, good stuff !

I also notice the "pop-up". For me it's the details like buildings, trees and objects getting visible at a set distance. It's very noticeable, not sure if you tweaked something there ?

Exactly as he says it Mustang:thumbup:

Hi, good stuff !

I also notice the "pop-up". For me it's the details like buildings, trees and objects getting visible at a set distance. It's very noticeable, not sure if you tweaked something there ?

Yeah i reduced the FarDistance values in the luas to pull back some framerates, some people were saying that FPS in some areas were really poor so i decided to lower them to lower amounts.

If you wish you can manually adjust to the higher setting, for example look for this in Extreme.lua

farDistance = 30000.0;

change it to 80000.0 or 100000.0 and you will get those higher visuals back.