Using 1 projector any one??

Hi folks!

I was thinking of using one (1) projector in steed of my 3 x 27" screens.

I know I can't get same resolution with it, but I am tired of having a loooong screen, but no high.. 1080 pix.....

So I will try one projector and see if it works out good. I manage to borrow a HD ready projector. I am not buying any until I know if it works.

I did calculated that I can have a screen width of 180 cm x 100 cm height.

It will be curved! So I need software to warp it. I did find a software, Immersive Display Lite 2, that I would try before buy.

If any one did a curved projector screen with one projector, I would be happy for all information about yours and what you think about it.

Regards

DrStrix

Win 10 64. GTX1080 ti 11 Gb, Intel i-5, 16 Gb ram, SSD 1,5 Tb, 2 Terrabyte HD, Monitor ASUS XG32V 144Hz, Slaw Milans Rudder Pedals BF109F :thumbup:, Joystick - HOTAS Warthog, Throttle - HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR V5. Pimax 5.

• 3 months later...

Just for inspiration.

This might look a bit low tech but it is an interesting low cost solution for creating a short throw wide angle (even 180 degree) projection. It is something I like to do with my beamer but never did...

projector03.jpg

position.gif

But one day I will.

Edited by piXel496
explanatory explanation to explain

Just for inspiration.

This might look a bit low tech but it is an interesting low cost solution for creating a short throw wide angle (even 180 degree) projection. It is something I like to do with my beamer but never did...

projector03.jpg

position.gif

But one day I will.

Nice one!

I did abandon my thinking of projector. To expensive to get a good resolution, and I don't have room for a 180 degree projection.

I did try out a screen 180cm x 90cm with an arc of about 30 degree.

But I used a hd ready resolution, and that was to low.

So I bought a new monitor Philips PHL BDM4065, 4K resolution! And I get a fantastic resolution with it. But I miss out on wideness as I did have with 3 x 27" Now I need Track IR to see to left and right wings.....

But, what the heck, 4K resolution is not bad!!

Win 10 64. GTX1080 ti 11 Gb, Intel i-5, 16 Gb ram, SSD 1,5 Tb, 2 Terrabyte HD, Monitor ASUS XG32V 144Hz, Slaw Milans Rudder Pedals BF109F :thumbup:, Joystick - HOTAS Warthog, Throttle - HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR V5. Pimax 5.

Had a chance to test the new benq1085 projector - friend got one for his eleconomic home theater. Projecting from 8.5 feet ,zoomed to create 8.5feet wide picure. Test footage - F15 neveda edge trailer/teaser (YouTube full screen 1080p quality).

Sitting about 4 feet away picture fills the field of view almost completely and pixelation is no longer visible. Immersion is quite a thing - I felt strange things in my stomach when wags was doing barrel rolls.

But all in all i have some doubt's - picture looked very soft to me (proj was correctly focused). Maybe it was youtube, maybe its the fact I wasn't wearing glasses (my vision is -1.25, barely enough to pass vision exam for driver license without glasses) while looking at screen much farther away then PC monitor.

Stretching the image even further with that reflective setup may result with image really washed out...

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

I play on a 135" 1080P projection setup(10ft wide 7ft tall). I've actually built a sim rig that plugs into one of my theater chair cup holders. I have the TM Warthog mounted along with a USB monitor running UltraMFCD with TM MFD overlays. My viewpoint is correct the right scale picture is LCD/Plasma quality and it is awesome with TrackIR.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

nice idea, but first time on 1080p and is rather dear...

Simpit Software by SDA "SIMPIT DEVELOPER ASSOCIATION"

• DCS ExportScript
  • D.A.C. DCS to Arcaze Communicator
  • Ikarus a new Virtual Cockpit Software

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Hard/Software: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 32 GiB RAM, extra SSD for Windows 10 and DCS World, AMD Vega Frontier Edition with 16 GiB VRAM

• 3 years later...

I use a Projector and it is super cool.. I also use nThusim warping software (NO LONGER AVAILABLE)

if you get a curved screen and more then 1 projector you will need a Warping software like nThusim or Fly Elise..

https://fly.elise-ng.net/

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2