[RESOLVED] Nose wheel steering

Vinny002

Hi, guys!

I noticed a bug in 1.2.11, the nose wheel is to the right. I got the Mig-21bis systems and the engine running, the nose wheel is still to the right. Please see attached. Any solutions to this problem? Thanks!

Cheers,

Vincent

image.thumb.jpg.195bf6ce2863464ba423578ac8ae3a2e.jpg

Edited by Cobra847

Well, don't forget there is no any nose wheel steering actuator that can turn the nose wheel by itself (that's why we need to use the differential breaking). So it's prefectly normal for the nose wheel to remain in a position not aligned to the center line before the aircraft starts moving...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aircraft I have thoroughly studied: A-10C, Ka-50, Mig-21bis, UH-1H, Boeing 737-800/900, Dash-8Q400, Bell-407

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

i7-8750H@2.2GHz 6 Cores turbo up to 4.1GHz, GTX1070 Max-Q@8GB GRAM, 16G RAM, 512G SSD, 500G SSD, CH Product Fighter Stick, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5.

Heh, yes, the MiG-21bis has nose wheel steering the same way a shopping cart does. ;)

I wonder if that means chewing gum stuck to the tire is the cause of the bumpy ride! :P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

There is definitely something wrong with landing gears. Starts in 1.2.11.

1) Gears are too fragile. Even when I'm landing mig very-very-very softly there is almost 100% chance I will broke landing gears. And it's an aircraft which can use unpaved airfields? Really?

2) The tire of nose wheel always explode and it doesn't matter turned off or tuned on it's brake system. And it's shaking like a crazy in both cases.

Активно летаю на: F/A-18 | F-16 | Су-27 | МиГ-21бис

1) Gears are too fragile. Even when I'm landing mig very-very-very softly there is almost 100% chance I will broke landing gears. And it's an aircraft which can use unpaved airfields? Really?

2) The tire of nose wheel always explode and it doesn't matter turned off or tuned on it's brake system. And it's shaking like a crazy in both cases.

You need to post a track.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

First guess: Too fast, too heavy.

But as viper wrote. A track (or a video) would help us to help you.

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

You can land it with full internal fuel less one pattern's worth, but it's vastly more difficult than with the rated loads. (I find I have to level off in ground effect at the threshold, and very slowly let it settle. Takes a ton of runway, but I can get it down.)

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

• 1 month later...
Heh, yes, the MiG-21bis has nose wheel steering the same way a shopping cart does. ;)

this seems to happen during take off training mission, crazy oscillations and blown tire. something i'm missing? tire is blown well below take off speed

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

this seems to happen during take off training mission, crazy oscillations and blown tire. something i'm missing? tire is blown well below take off speed

This seems to be some kind of wonkiness introduced with the last patch, where they improved a lot in regards of the suspenssion. I guess they will be able to adress it within the next updates.

For now, try to adjust (decrease or increase) the load on the front wheel, by either pulling or pushing the stick.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

hey thx john, how is the sli setup working im trying to do the same if I can find another card

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

hey thx john, how is the sli setup working im trying to do the same if I can find another card

Well, decent I guess. For a single monitor it is not worth it though, the gains are not justifiying the price of such a setup (at least in DCS at the moment. Might change with EDGE).

The reason I am running two cards, is because I play on 3 screens (5760x1080) which wouldn't be doable on one card.

I also hoped to see benefits when rendering video, however the video editing software I use can't really make advantage of the added GPU processing power.

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

• 2 months later...
I cant steering well my nose gear. The only way I find to steering my nose gear is using the brake. This is normal??

Yep, this is how it is supposed to be. The MiG-21 only can steer on the ground by the use of diffrential braking.