Campaign issues, a few, pointers needed!

I got a few issues with the MiG-21 campaign. The first thing I noticed at the first mission, me and my wingman got Russian skins. These are very beautifull and all, but in the second mission, the enemy has russian skins as well. Not that it matters a lot because you'll be flying and fighting in such a way that skins don't matter a lot. But it is a matter of principle. Aren't "We" supposed to be Southeria and "they" supposed to be Northeria or something?

Second issue, I die a lot. I am pretty used to Il-2 Sturmovik kind of sims and most of the time, I get killed by some BVR missiles I never saw coming. In the second mission, the AWACS is yelling constantly at me. But I don't know what it means. I figure he is shouting about incoming contacts. So when he says "blablabla at 30.000" I want to get up at an altitude of 9km and flip on the radar. I really can't see anything up there and I get blasted out of the sky again. In short, a few pointers on how to 'survive' in an abstract environment would be very helpful.

Third issue, when I die, I can not re-fly the same mission. The campaign resets itself and I have to start at mission one again.

Any hints are appreciated! :pilotfly:

p.s. I did the Mi-8 campaign and I had none of the "campaign reset" issues. So I think the campaign is a little bugged. I love flying the Mi-8 in the campaign and I think I am pretty good at it. (Landing on tiny buildings and in bad weather)

Happy Flying! :pilotfly:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I found you can use the "watch track" option to "refly" the mission,

just watch the track, press esc and take control.

Unfortunately, this will not let you to procceed to next mission, because you played only the record :)

But Leatherneck, why we must fly the first (or the second version of it) over and over again when we die? I was always pretty frustrated when there were extremely difficult missions or not enough tested missions in campaign. This is even worse scenario.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

I agree the campaign is a bit finicky. There's supposed to be northeria and Southeria skins for the mig. Remember reading (At least in august 2014, might have changed.) the southeria skin isn't implemented yet or something.

I dislike the "Fail and you restart" mechanic. It should be a separate "Iron Man" campaign for people who enjoy that sort of thing. (I personally prefer being able to tackle the same mission over and over till I get it right.)

Also, there's one mission (Mission 10 I think?) where you get the jammer pod and have to use it against a SAM site. Since the pod currently doesn't work (I dunno how well jamming even works against SAMS in DCS anyways.) the mission is more or less impossible.

I agree the campaign is a bit finicky. There's supposed to be northeria and Southeria skins for the mig. Remember reading (At least in august 2014, might have changed.) the southeria skin isn't implemented yet or something.

I dislike the "Fail and you restart" mechanic. It should be a separate "Iron Man" campaign for people who enjoy that sort of thing. (I personally prefer being able to tackle the same mission over and over till I get it right.)

Also, there's one mission (Mission 10 I think?) where you get the jammer pod and have to use it against a SAM site. Since the pod currently doesn't work (I dunno how well jamming even works against SAMS in DCS anyways.) the mission is more or less impossible.

I restarted the campaign, added twice as much airplanes with better weapons and stuff for our side. Since I can't reallly see anything in the mission builder about the other side?? And the big airbattle was actually not so difficult anymore! :music_whistling:

But now I get the "Jammer pod" mission. It is the third I think. Let's see how that turns out. IIRC, all the Tornado's got shot down.

Happy Flying! :pilotfly: