Anybody else get blurry textures?

If I set up a mission with overcast sky I notice as I gain altitude that some of the ground textures get blurry. If I pan around an external view, the ground seems blurry in certain areas but not in others. This only seems to happen in overcast conditions above a certain altitude.

Anybody else seen this? Can it be fixed?

Try this one:

Go to lockon\config, look for graphics.cfg. MAKE A BACKUP COPY!! Edit this file with notepad. Scroll down until the line "LandLodDistances". Copy values from LandDay to LandNight. (Default values for LandDay are 10000 and 40000, while it's 8000 and 15000 for LandNight.) If you have a high-end PC you may try to increase these values.

If I set up a mission with overcast sky I notice as I gain altitude that some of the ground textures get blurry. If I pan around an external view, the ground seems blurry in certain areas but not in others. This only seems to happen in overcast conditions above a certain altitude.

Anybody else seen this? Can it be fixed?

Try to raising your graficcard's AF value to 16x and try again, maybe that helps.

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

Also you get blurry textures if you use Basic Haze (yuck!) instead of Advanced Haze.

At least that's what I see on my system - just by looking at the runway during takeoff.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Go to lockon\config, look for graphics.cfg. MAKE A BACKUP COPY!! Edit this file with notepad. Scroll down until the line "LandLodDistances". Copy values from LandDay to LandNight. (Default values for LandDay are 10000 and 40000, while it's 8000 and 15000 for LandNight.) If you have a high-end PC you may try to increase these values.

Thanks everybody! I tried the above and it worked fine.

Do canopy scratches affect the frame rate? I don't really want them in overcast skies. I wonder if they can be disabled and if it might boost the frame rate?