Button Box in the making Derek Spears Design

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

Need a login to view.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Try this

IMG_0051.thumb.jpg.70e090a8a85fd90e395e3840a3983c58.jpg

Dusty Rhodes

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

Just for some background. I race iRacing pretty heavily. Derek Spears Designs makes HIGH QUALITY button boxes and pedals and all sorts of gadgets for racing. He is prototyping a button box for DCS and flight sims in general. I personally vouch for the quality and usability of his items. Very nice peripherals.

Dusty Rhodes

Thanks. It certainly looks nice.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

lol I was going to post about my new findings, sniped... :D

Here is the website

http://www.derekspearedesigns.com/

And here is the DCS compatible Button Box

DSD Race King r12 LED (link)

note that we have confirmed and certify this device for proper, native function with DCS World.

1510572.jpg?426

I can't wait to put my sticky fingers on those on/off safety switches

Alright, it's not too late, where's my pen ?

"Dear Santa..."

Edited by Eight Ball

I bought a DSD button box a few years ago for racing and loved it. In fact just recently I looked for a suitable button box on his site that would be good for DCS, but couldn't find any with true rotary dials. If he's thinking of making a more flight sim-useful box like that, I'd definitely buy one.

Derek said the new box will be named the FLT-1 and available at the end of the year. FLT-2 is in development.

Dusty Rhodes

Hi all - Thank you for the interest :) We're fortunate to have over eight thousand customers world wide enjoying DSD components, and heretofore my focus has been on the racing sim enthusiast community. However, as an old "sim head" going all the way back to Spectrum Holoybyte's Falcon for the XT computer, I have always loved flight sims as much as racing sims.

Anyhow, as Dusty pointed out in the op, we're working on a new button controller called the "FLT-1". We also have a "FLT-2" and both of those will have a derivation as well. The "basic" FLT-1 as you see in the pic will be 99.75 USD shipped anywhere in the world for free. The FLT-2 has some different configurations and the derivations of each will both have a cool additional feature on them. These will be on the DSD Site for ordering by the end of the year.

Happy flying!

Boxx

NB - DCS has very friendly controller support and will utilize all the USB controllers you want to attach to your PC. Our 64 button controller is addressed natively with DCS as well.

Edited by DerekSpeare

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

I can definitely deal with that price. Jan 1 2015 marked on calendar to order. :thumbup:

you can count me in too..... ooooooh, Buttons.... I lub's my buttons... this might just get rid of the mouse (hurray)

Acer AMD Phenom II x 4 840T, 16 gb. memory, Zotac GTX580 Amp2 3GB, 40" Philips tv, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudders , Cougar MFCD's w/ 21.5" LG monitor, DSD Track Master button box, 3rd. century Roman field comanders helmet w/ Track IR 5, Windows 7 Home P.

“God is a comedian, playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh.”... Voltaire

"Diplomacy is the practiced art of being able to confidently say 'nice doggie' until you find a rock" ... Tom Clancy

Chalk me up for one as well. :D

Windows 7 64 Home Premium, i5 3570K (3.4 @ 4.4GHz), Asus P8Z77-V LX, 16GB dual channel 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidia GTX980ti, 240 GB OCZ SSD, 3 TB Raptor, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas and Throttle, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder pedals.

Yeah as you can guess. I am in too. Got one for racing. Gots to have one for Flight Simming!

Dusty Rhodes

Thank you, gents. We're enthusiastic about this one and look to get it ready soonest.

@ Dusty Rhodes: We're shipping a "DSD Care Pack" to you tomorrow morning. I think you'll like it.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Sheesh, thanks Derek. I will do all I can to make sales of these things things. Love my iRacing button box.

Dusty Rhodes

Please post a reminder when it is available to order. I am easily distracted by shiny things.

Prices are good, I may have to look into buying some when they come out.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Here's the FLT-2:

IMG_0199.jpg

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

Looks good!

This looks good aesthetics wise. I wonder what thought went into break down of the conponents (ie why 8 rockers and not 10, why 2 rotaries and not 1)

What functionality do you recomend to be mapped to the inputs?

Or well, I guess this is more question to end users.

Guys, how do you intend to map your unit?

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

Here's a variant of the FLT-1. I'll call it the FLT-1X. It's still "undecided".

IMG_0203.jpg

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

I like it. You are gonna cost me a lot of money damn it!

Dusty Rhodes

• 4 weeks later...

Caution... intervention might be warranted...

I have seen 'the FLT-1X'. It is a well manufactured item.

But, dear lord forgive me as I've also seen this... http://www.derekspearedesigns.com/race-king-r12-led.html

in blue, shiny buttons, toggles and knobs. Is there any real reason why I should wait for the 01.01.2015 release of FLT-1? or just go for it now... the intention is to lose the mouse (I do not have a touch screen for my Helios profile)

For the creators of this item.... exemplary thought and attention to quality aside... you had me stone cold at 'shiny'.

As a Scotsman I must say, considering what can be dropped into a pit.... $240.00 is nothing...

Weigh in gentlemen, as I'm ready to 'nod' in payment....

Edited by Picksplitter

Acer AMD Phenom II x 4 840T, 16 gb. memory, Zotac GTX580 Amp2 3GB, 40" Philips tv, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudders , Cougar MFCD's w/ 21.5" LG monitor, DSD Track Master button box, 3rd. century Roman field comanders helmet w/ Track IR 5, Windows 7 Home P.

“God is a comedian, playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh.”... Voltaire

"Diplomacy is the practiced art of being able to confidently say 'nice doggie' until you find a rock" ... Tom Clancy