[NO BUG AND WILL NOT CHANGE] MiG-29 HUD shows up on MFD

otester

Is there anyway to get this back to normal (showing the radar)?

Yes, at least, yes if I understand your question correctly.

The Mig29 has a HUD repeater now as you have found out.. however, you can turn this off and display the datalink / radar.

The button to turn it off is NOT set by default, you must go into your Single Player Options - Select Mig29 - Scroll down and find MFD HUD Repeater - set a button for it... and your off!

Hope this helps

S!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

;2242652']Yes, at least, yes if I understand your question correctly.

The Mig29 has a HUD repeater now as you have found out.. however, you can turn this off and display the datalink / radar.

The button to turn it off is NOT set by default, you must go into your Single Player Options - Select Mig29 - Scroll down and find MFD HUD Repeater - set a button for it... and your off!

Hope this helps

S!

Ohh now it makes sense.thanks for clearing that up.:thumbup:

That is a bug. AFAIK the MiG-29 should not have this capability. The HDD is just a HUD repeater.

;2242652']The button to turn it off is NOT set by default' date=' you must go into your Single Player Options - Select Mig29 - Scroll down and find [b']MFD HUD Repeater[/b] - set a button for it... and your off!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I believe there's supposed to be an indicator right below or above the 'selected distance' display. It's just a bar, a line that's either in the center or off to the side.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

;2242652']Yes, at least, yes if I understand your question correctly.

Hope this helps

S!

Thanks!

I believe there's supposed to be an indicator right below or above the 'selected distance' display. It's just a bar, a line that's either in the center or off to the side.

Ok.thanks GG:thumbup:

Edit:is this indicator for the radar slew and if so where is the range indicator on the hud

Edited by steve65

Ok.thanks GG:thumbup:

Edit:is this indicator for the radar slew and if so where is the range indicator on the hud

I checked on the net and found some info on this.GG is right the slew indicator is above the distance indicator.so I fired up dcs and flew the mig-29S and I did not see the indicator like they show in the pictures the only thing that moved when I used the radar slew left and right keys was the target box on the HUD.maybe the slew indicator is modeled incorrectly could someone else confirm?

Edited by steve65

IRL you have an other indicator for it - the swicth position that slews it :)

For the HUD repeater, 9.12 version clearly has only that function. My question is, that which was the first version, that had the difference from that? 9.13 is the biggest concern in regard of DCS. Stripped from its MFD capability, many would think twice to prefer the Flanker or active missiless in servers :)

[sIGPIC]http://www.forum.lockon.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5279_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I could shot down a Kitchen :smartass:

The only that's sort-of-known about with respect to 9.13S with is the change of HuD modes. There's no reason to believe that anything changed with respect to the HDD from the 9.12 version.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Whats the point of having a HUD repeater anyway.

Seems like a useless piece of equipment to have and take up so much space.

I can see a use if the HDD was independent from the HUD so that you can have BVR mode on the HDD and nav mode oh the HUD for example. That is not the case though.

I am the alpha and the omega

Maybe the HuD can be washed out by bright sunlight?

Maybe the HuD has some reliability issues?

There are all kinds of reasons one could come up with.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So its a 100% back up system?

That's hard to believe.

Is it just a case of "copying" the Su-27 cockpit and just putting it in the cockpit without the advanced systems because it is available and might as well? So the mig-29 was intentionally made as Su-27 lite?

I am the alpha and the omega

You would have to ask the designers about that. As far as we're concerned, that's simply the way it is. :)

It's possible that the HDD is also used for BIT functions - the A-10A's mav screen was capable of this IIRC.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Or maybe the HUD is really a "HDD repeater" rather than the other way around :)

JJ

Is it just a case of "copying" the Su-27 cockpit and just putting it in the cockpit without the advanced systems because it is available and might as well? So the mig-29 was intentionally made as Su-27 lite?

It is a replacement for MiG-23 so it's a point defense fighter. Furthermore, it has very short range (doesn't carry enough fuel for a two engine fighter), rather limited radar and it only carries two medium range missiles which it should normally fire both at the target guided to by the GCI. Thus it doesn't really have much need for a datalink presentation system. I mean, it wouldn't hurt to have it to get better situational awareness on emerging threats rather than getting it via voice, but it was probably considered too expensive for little perceived gain (I assume not only on the fighter side, but on the GCI side as well).

MiG-29M would have corrected those issues if the USSR didn't collapse, of course.

While at the datalink topic, I wonder what were the differences between those systems used by Su-27S and P variants (although, I'd expect this to be classified still)?

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Or maybe the HUD is really a "HDD repeater" rather than the other way around :)

:thumbup:

Alfa, does this HDD==HUD equation hold true for the MiG-29A/G (9.12) and the MiG-29S (9.13) as well, in real life?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Real men fly ground attack :pilotfly: where EVERYTHING wants a piece of you :D

:thumbup:

Alfa, does this HDD==HUD equation hold true for the MiG-29A/G (9.12) and the MiG-29S (9.13) as well, in real life?

Yes it does for the 9.12 and 9.13(same WCS as 9.12).

The 9.13S has a modified version of the radar/WCS, so I am not sure about this variant(not mucn information available on it). But the modifications are quite subtle and of a sort of add-on nature(extra SNP/TWS mode for the R-77), so I doubt it involved additional tactical information modes for the HDD like the Su-27 has.

JJ

• 3 weeks later...

MiG-29S LCD

Hi, I am new to DCS World and I have one thing that's bugging me.

On all videos and screen shots on the internet MiG-29S seems to have different LCD from mine. As you can see on this picture:

air_439a_005.jpg

Or in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-xhYAE0Xds

As you can see, the LCD shows either radar feed or navigation waypoints on top of 3x3 grid. All I get though is replicated HUD like on this screen:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/547516827261997934/48CE8BDBFBC6660F1AD496D10B65B0DDA4802E4E/

Is there any way to make it look right in my game?:helpsmilie: