GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Hi guys, i wanna share my experience with new device (at least for me) called GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT. It is made by russians located in Sankt Petersburg. They took massage device and adopt it to the arcade tank game. Then =Andre= took it even further and adopt it to the DCS World.

I think it is now pretty mature device and worth talk about it.

So what we have here:

it looks like massage pad with built in 8 vibro motors (4 for each side left/right located 4 on your seat and 4 on your back) made from synthetic leather controlled by USB controller (also an option to use audio input but it less actual in DCS). I put it on my chair - plug it in - run SW called iba Effects - run DCS and.... speechless.

I never had experience with FF joystick but FF on your body is amazing.

When you taxi you can feel concrete plates junctions, you don't have look on AoA you can feel it, air brake on - vibrate your back. Guns - is amazing.

The list of effects supported by now you can find here: http://sim-pit.blogspot.ru/p/english.html

WEB Shop:http://shop.gametrix.ru/vibronakidki.html

all credits for the SW to =Andre= He did amazing job - want to thank him!

Blog in english: ibaBlog :http://sim-pit.blogspot.ru/p/english.html

DCS forum link in russian (hope google can help to translate) http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=79326&highlight=%D0%BD%D0%B0%D0%BA%D0%B8%D0%B4%D0%BA%D0%B0&page=80

regarding the language - belive google can help here.

one more thing - it cost <$100

DSC_0489.thumb.jpg.9288f66cea8e4408774e449d6f656f7f.jpg

Edited by HiWay

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
Win11x64, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, i5-8600K OC4.5 GHz, 120GB SSD INTEL 530, SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250G, 1TB HDD WD RED, MSI Z370-A PRO, Cougar AQUA 360 CPU cooler, Kingston 2x32GB DDR4 3800MHz, 4K LG 50" Monitor, Meta Quest Pro VR, Orion2 HOTAS MAX,Orion Metal Flight Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition), GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT.

Thanks for letting us know, this looks excellent. Just read future support for DCS helicopters:thumbup:

Helicopters already supported. You can just install IbaEffects from here

http://sim-pit.blogspot.ru/p/blog-page.html (you don't need device)

and see all supports features, the SW has auto update on start.

Helicopters.thumb.JPG.222d9aa50beebf5ca7de0bd050bdb64c.JPG

FC3.thumb.JPG.2745372a26f40995a6de1110f2e56d07.JPG

DCS.thumb.JPG.a19cd0a8f45e3c2c4c7c2f6265156e35.JPG

Edited by HiWay

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
Win11x64, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, i5-8600K OC4.5 GHz, 120GB SSD INTEL 530, SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250G, 1TB HDD WD RED, MSI Z370-A PRO, Cougar AQUA 360 CPU cooler, Kingston 2x32GB DDR4 3800MHz, 4K LG 50" Monitor, Meta Quest Pro VR, Orion2 HOTAS MAX,Orion Metal Flight Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition), GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT.

cool thanks, can you elaborate please what was updated?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So someone figured out how to make software for DCS World that the SimVibe guys said was too much trouble?

It would be nice if we could get this software to work with our buttkickers and other similar LFE shaker devices, are there any prospects for this Andre, or are you teamed up exclusively with the guys who make this vibration pad? A lot of us already own vibration devices that are hooked up to our simpits, but the vibrations use audio only and are lackluster. I would pay for the software if you added support to output an audio signal instead of USB.

This seems like it could quickly become an expensive paperweight if you purchase it + the massage device and it is never updated to include full functionality for one of the most popular planes like the A-10C, new planes as they come out such as the F/A-18, or when an ED patch breaks the functionality and the software itself is not patched in turn because the developer has moved on.

Not to mention draping the massage device over a nicely built simpit would throw off the look; kind of out of place, it would be a lot of work to disassemble it and integrate it into my existing chair and then worry about the aforementioned software going out of date.

Edited by Vullcan

So someone figured out how to make software for DCS World that the SimVibe guys said was too much trouble?

It would be nice if we could get this software to work with our buttkickers and other similar LFE shaker devices, are there any prospects for this Andre, or are you teamed up exclusively with the guys who make this vibration pad? A lot of us already own vibration devices that are hooked up to our simpits, but the vibrations use audio only and are lackluster. I would pay for the software if you added support to output an audio signal instead of USB.

This seems like it could quickly become an expensive paperweight if you purchase it + the massage device and it is never updated to include full functionality for one of the most popular planes like the A-10C, new planes as they come out such as the F/A-18, or when an ED patch breaks the functionality and the software itself is not patched in turn because the developer has moved on.

Not to mention draping the massage device over a nicely built simpit would throw off the look; kind of out of place, it would be a lot of work to disassemble it and integrate it into my existing chair and then worry about the aforementioned software going out of date.

I agree with you. The device was developed for use rather with an office chair, than with an iron simpit.

KW-90(X) features sound input mode (as alternative to USB mode) right out of the box, no additional software needed.

Edited by =Andre=

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hi Vulcan, you always have an option to stick with what you already have.

This device use completely different approach - here we have 8 different zones where vibro effect could be applied independently (controlled by SW, script, export.lua etc...). The buttkickers coud be split to just two (for stereo) and based on sound which is poor implementation - may be fit for movies but not for game.

Regarding the integration in cockpit - i think it's doable with a little work.

Also cost - nothing compare to 8 buttkickers.

at least worth to try, get impression and decide.

Regarding SW support/update - =Andre= already did good job to provide many features support and also i belive more people be involved will help to develope even more - this is community advantage.

Edited by HiWay

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This a great idea but without direct support from ED, I would be extremely concerned that it could become useless after a future patch.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Seems that is using sounds as input. Handy enough to retune after a patch like 1.2.12 where some sounds where changed. However, I am really concerned when sounds mods are applied. Some extensive work to retune is needed....

This is my understanding about this gadget!

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

Seems that is using sounds as input. Handy enough to retune after a patch like 1.2.12 where some sounds where changed. However, I am really concerned when sounds mods are applied. Some extensive work to retune is needed....

This is my understanding about this gadget!

I use export.lua data as input, not sound.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This a great idea but without direct support from ED, I would be extremely concerned that it could become useless after a future patch.

Nobody knows the future (sorry for my poor English). At present ED support team helps me to fix the issues with Su-27 after recent FM update.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ooops, seems I missunderstood something.

Andre, could you briefly describe how the forces are captured from DCS? Is it from DirectX API, another propietary API? Would be very valuable for us.

Also, as I mentioned yesterday, I wrote an email to the gametrix shop zakaz@shop.gametrix.ru, but have no answer yet. Could you please help me with some info or another contact to clarify some delivery aspects?

Thanks in advance.

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

Ooops, seems I missunderstood something.

Andre, could you briefly describe how the forces are captured from DCS? Is it from DirectX API, another propietary API? Would be very valuable for us.

Also, as I mentioned yesterday, I wrote an email to the gametrix shop zakaz@shop.gametrix.ru, but have no answer yet. Could you please help me with some info or another contact to clarify some delivery aspects?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Abburo!

I use Lua exporting in DCS to get data needed for effects creation.

About Gametrix shop I'll try to clarify things.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks in advance.

They said (may be unofficially) there are no devices to sell in Europe at the moment. They're going to sell it through War Thunder Europe internet shop, but not right now.

PS I think I could post to you my spare KW-901 as a parcel. Or I could buy brand new KW-908 here in Russia and send it to you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It was over $200 delivered from that shop in Ukraine. I have done more research and read the reviews people have posted on different online stores, lots of people seem to have failures of the device both early on and after one year, and require warranty support or have to purchase a new one.

For spending this much money to have it shipped here, with no option to send it back should it break it seems like a unwise investment. There was also a couple complaints that the motors that vibrate were fairly weak.