GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Which input has better effects, USB or audio? I have been using audio because I have a buttkicker but the buttkicker clips to much. I saw someone say the USB input had better effects for DCS.

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

He's asking which connection on the KW-908 (USB or audio port) is best for DCS.

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In case of using combination of SimShaker software and JetSeat - USB is recommended.

Ok, thanks.

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

Hey, guys, just wanted to chime in it's been a couple months and still luvin' the seat. I won't play DCS without it now, feels 'dead' =) Fantastic work!

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Hey, guys, just wanted to chime in it's been a couple months and still luvin' the seat. I won't play DCS without it now, feels 'dead' =) Fantastic work!

I agree, my seat had an issue and I couldn't fly DCS without it ether. It fell dead to me too, it was like playing without sound.

Andre thank you so much for fixing me right up. What a great service! I get better service from you than I get from companies here in the states, LOL.

Thank you so much!

Win 10 · i9900K@stock · 4070Ti· ASUS Z390-A · SSD · 64Gb · TM Warthog · CV1 · Quest 2

I agree, my seat had an issue and I couldn't fly DCS without it ether. It fell dead to me too, it was like playing without sound.

Andre thank you so much for fixing me right up. What a great service! I get better service from you than I get from companies here in the states, LOL.

Thank you so much!

You are welcome :)

Thank you for the complimentary remarks!

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello Andre,

Does your seat work with the Hawk?

I'm glad your seats are selling well, it is a must-have item.

Hello Smil,

actually that's not my seat, but Gametrix :)

Currently Hawk is not supported in SimShaker software,

primarily due to its low popularity among DCS virpils. Correct me if I'm wrong.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question for Andre (or anyone else that knows the specifics)...

What are the specs of the vibration motors in the Jetseat? More precisely - the voltage and rpm?

An educated guess would tell me that they are 12v given that's the rated supply for the PSU, but with the rpm I wouldn't have a clue.

I think I've got a dodgy motor...after a long running issue I think I've narrowed it down (at last) - my bottom right motor seems to output a lot lest than the others. The issue is masked when the motor is activated in short bursts or driven at 100%, but with more focused investigation it's still much weaker than the rest. This results in a large imbalance of effects when using SSA, which after a lot of initial testing led me to the incorrect conclusion that it was in some way related to the software. Months later, and with no similar reports from the community I had to take a step deeper and look closer at the hardware...sure enough, there's definitely something off with the motor in question. It also generates a sort of high pitched buzzing/whirring sound which is really noticeable at lower intensities that the others do not exhibit.

Also, before I go ahead with my assumption - does anyone know whether the motors receive their power in series or parallel...I'm wondering if it might be anamperage issue, and that motor is the last in a chain and possibly struggling to get the juice it needs. That one crossed my mind as I had to find a replacement 12v psu...maybe it hasn't the same amp headroom as the original.

I think it's time to break out the modding/repairing hat!

Any and all insight welcome...

Thanks,

Fubar.

EDIT: Just found this thread, which potentially answers my series/parallel question with the image.

Edited by Fubarbrickdust

9700k@5.2Ghz | GTX 1080ti | 32gb Ram@3200Mhz | 512gb M.2 NVME SSD

Oculus Rift S | VKB GF Pro Mk.II+MCG Pro (rotary wing) | BRD DS-Raven (fixed wing) | MFG Crosswind V2 | Jetseat+SSA/SSM | SimLab GT1 80/20 Rig | NLR Motion Platform V3 | Quad Bass Shaker Setup

DIY Control Panels: 'White Rhino' Throttle | UFC | MFBB Left | MFBB Right | MFBB Centre | WEP-TECH ACP | HYD-MECH LDG | SYS-ELEC | AN/ARC Radio

Hi Finbar,

if you even get the right motor, I think there will be a problem to make over an eccentric, which is press-fitted on a shaft.

You can try to lubricate the motor as shown on the video or I can ship you a spare motor along with the eccentric under the warranty free of charge, if you'd like.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Finbar,

if you even get the right motor, I think there will be a problem to make over an eccentric, which is press-fitted on a shaft.

You can try to lubricate the motor as shown on the video or I can ship you a spare motor along with the eccentric under the warranty free of charge, if you'd like.

Hi Andre, thank you for the reply,

Ah, I see...I did not realise they were bespoke eccentrics (heads). I thought it would be easy enough to find a suitable replacement. I intended to swap them out as a pair just in case. Oh well.

And yes, thank you for the link - I already discovered the video and lubricated the motor without success :/ I also reloaded the firmware to no avail.

But. I have to say I'm very pleased with the other option you suggest! :) Thank you, that would be brilliant. I would like to say yes and take you up on the offer.

What details/info do you need from me? I can send it via a PM if you don't have my records still on file.

Kind regards,

Fubar (Fin).

PS - Is this an issue that you have encountered before? Weak/noisy motor? I would imagine it is quite rare if so as I haven't been able to find any other reports. Just thought I'd ask as I'm hoping a motor swap will resolve the problem...hopefully it's not a more complicated issue.

Thanks again.

Oculus Rift S | VKB GF Pro Mk.II+MCG Pro (rotary wing) | BRD DS-Raven (fixed wing) | MFG Crosswind V2 | Jetseat+SSA/SSM | SimLab GT1 80/20 Rig | NLR Motion Platform V3 | Quad Bass Shaker Setup

DIY Control Panels: 'White Rhino' Throttle | UFC | MFBB Left | MFBB Right | MFBB Centre | WEP-TECH ACP | HYD-MECH LDG | SYS-ELEC | AN/ARC Radio

UPDATE:

Andre, there is no need to send a replacement motor - it is not at fault. I did some more troubleshooting where I desoldered the lower left/right motors and swapped them over...the problem still persists on the right hand side even with a different motor. As well, the left was functioning perfectly with the motor from the right. This was all tested with a basic and even effect in the UVEditor.

This leads me to guess that the issue is further up the chain - maybe a problem with power delivery to the lower right side motors(?). I will investigate the main circuit board in the Jetseat later so see if there is any obvious problem (bad connection or loose/broken component).

Is it ok if I keep you in the loop with information and questions if need be? I'm quite technically proficient, but I reckon you will have more experience and knowledge with the Jetseat than I do...it may come in handy to have a more knowledgable brain to pick :thumbup:

Also, I haven't ruled out the possibility that it's not getting enough juice - my PSU is 12v, 1.5A - is that amperage equal to or above the one originally provided? (I'm pretty sure I checked at the time to make sure it was adequate, but I couldn't find my original one to double check).

Many thanks,

Fubar.

I'm sorry for confusing you sir, the PSU is 1.0 A

My bad.

No problem at all, thank you for clarifying - at least it rules out available amps as an issue.

I will investigate more when I am not at work.

Thanks.

You know, Fubar, I would suggest to examine the wiring to the motor inside the seat.

There's a zipper underneath so you can access the area.

I had same problem as you.

It turned out that the wiring was broken or almost broken in two places.

The reason was that the wires were lead above the inner motors instead of around it. This meant that it got pinched every time I sat down, plus there was a strain on the wire.

Over time it broke.

I soldered the wire back together and put isolation, and the problem was gone.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

I suggest you should check connections, wiggle that black bold DIN connector.

If no lack, we will replace the control unit under the warranty.

I certainly will do...I'll be as thorough as I can looking for the problem.

Hopefully it won't come to that, but I appreciate the reassurance of your gesture :thumbup:

You know, Fubar, I would suggest to examine the wiring to the motor inside the seat.

There's a zipper underneath so you can access the area.

I had same problem as you.

It turned out that the wiring was broken or almost broken in two places.

The reason was that the wires were lead above the inner motors instead of around it. This meant that it got pinched every time I sat down, plus there was a strain on the wire.

Over time it broke.

I soldered the wire back together and put isolation, and the problem was gone.

Thanks for the heads-up, Sporg. Yeah, I've already managed to wrestle the seat inside out using the opening you've suggested...certainly makes it easier to perform the necessary surgery!

Checking the integrity of the cable runs was on the list of things to check...but it's now straight to the top after your advice/insight. In fact, thinking about it with a logical head, it should have been one of the 1st things I investigated after discovering a motor swap resulted in the same issue. Thanks though, much appreciated.

I'll keep an update going in this thread in case others encounter the same issue.

I suggest you should check connections, wiggle that black bold DIN connector.

If no lack, we will replace the control unit under the warranty.

-- SNIP --

UPDATE No.2:

Not the best of news unfortunately :unsure:

The 2nd round of troubleshooting included all of the above - I was kind of hoping it would've been a wiring issue as Sporg suggested might be a possibility, as that would've been a clear and obvious fix.

No joy - The wiring is good, no kinks, stretches or damage of any kind. The distribution PCB is good with no obvious issues upon a visual inspection. And the whole run from PCB to motor terminals gave a solid reading and continuity when checked with the multimeter, I even made up a new loom and tested just in case I was having a blonde moment...The run is all good.

Opened up the control unit - No obvious visual issues at the time, the fuse inside was also good but that looks like it's just for the 5v USB feed. Not knowing any more regarding the unit, I closed it back up.

Inspected and wiggled the 13pin DIN in use - all the pins are straight and inserting to the female DIN without issue. No change.

Now here's where my luck starts running out! - Got the jetseat all laid out in prep to start sewing up the patient and throw in the towel. Gave all the motors I'd had out another service with the silicone spray lube in a last ditch attempt, y'never know, eh? (I noticed one of the right motors was a little stiffer to rotate with my finger when not powered, thought maybe it was drawing excess power to get up to speed, hence starving the other of it's required juice).

Got it all back together and started (the now routine) batch of testing and running in with the UVWEditor - after about a minute both the motors on the lower right had a little fit and then stopped dead! Sh!t!...

After getting the motors out and back on the bench it seems one of them either shorted or burned out as it now registers solid continuity and zero resistance across the terminals...How annoying. The other one is fine.

Being as exacting as I am I now had to test the whole circuit again and here's where I finally have to hold my hands up in defeat - The signal/voltage supply from the control unit/distro board for the lower right motors is now dead and non existent.

Initially testing the power feed, which read between 5-7ish volts across the terminals when in use on the working left side is non existent when moving the motors over to the right side loom. All other distribution supplies are working (e.g. Upper & Lower L/R back motors, and lower left seat motors).

Something happened when the motor failed that took out something else in the system. It could've been related to the initial issue being experienced, but then equally, it may not have, who knows. Unfortunately for me I'm out of ideas and wisdom. Broken Jetseat - Best case scenario = 1 busted motor+1 busted control unit. Ouch!

So. Andre! - I feel another purchase of a Jetseat headed your way!:thumbup:

In all seriousness, if you have any other intermediary suggestions I am all ears. But I think that's the hole I've dug myself into. You've been very forthcoming with the offer of replacement parts under the warranty so far, which has been appreciated and reassuring. I'm secretly hoping that avenue might still be on the cards in some shape or form...but in reality, given the fact that I've essentially been playing a game of 'Operation' with my Jetseat, and be it coincidence or not my intervention has only worsened the case, I feel even the the slightest suggestion of that nature from my end should be rightfully met with laughter!

Such is life I guess, I will show no fear when doing this kind of work...I can't win every battle using a soldering iron!

I'm more inclined to continue this discussion via PM or email as it no longer really serves any purpose of information for the community (aside from my shame and a warning not to meddle with a grumpy Jetseat) so do feel free to contact me either way to get the issue sorted, however that might be.

That's the thing about using DCS with SSA and a Jetseat - Once you've experienced it and used them for any length of time the thought of flying without one is instantly dismissed as ridiculous!!! - it's like the heroin of sim immersion! Buyer beware! :pilotfly:

Edited by Fubarbrickdust