GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Questions regarding Jet seat

Not yet.

Hello,

I am using the simshaker for aviator with bas shakers. Because of the noise Iam considering to buy a Jetseat but I am using at this time Xplane.

I will reactivate my me 109 Pit at the and of the year.

Are there plans to support Xplane?

Can I use the Jetseat software via a network on another Computer to save resources on the main PC?

Can I switch easely between sound mode and the other mode?

Can I use in sound mode paralell bass shaker because i like to have some vibration on the pit floor (Pedals).

Thanks

Christian

Hello,

I am using the simshaker for aviator with bas shakers. Because of the noise Iam considering to buy a Jetseat but I am using at this time Xplane.

I will reactivate my me 109 Pit at the and of the year.

Are there plans to support Xplane?

Plans yes, but nothing started right now. Maybe in Q3 of 2017...

Can I use the Jetseat software via a network on another Computer to save resources on the main PC?

This is currently not supported. But the 'performance impact' of SSA is really low. My development setup/measurement reports only 0.5-1% of CPU usage...

Can I switch easely between sound mode and the other mode?

What do you mean with this?

Can I use in sound mode paralell bass shaker because i like to have some vibration on the pit floor (Pedals).

Thanks

Christian

Yes, you can use the USB Jetseat and SoundMode of SSA. With Voicemeter Banana(see link in my signature) you can mix SimShaker effect sounds with game bass sounds...

Thanks for the fast answers!!

I have to pit so one with dcs and I will use the usb mode and one pit xplane with soundmode so, the computers are the same for both pits and I like to use one time sound mode and the other usb ist this a problem

Yes, you can use the USB Jetseat and SoundMode of SSA. With Voicemeter Banana(see link in my signature) you can mix SimShaker effect sounds with game bass sounds...

Can you give me a hint for a tutorial because i will use heaset Usb, shaker, jetseat and maybe speaker.

Thx Christian

Does Voicemeeter Banana revert windows sound devices to default when you exit the application?

It seems like a good way to achieve expanding the jetseat to add additional transducers, but I don't want to have to change my sound configuration every-time I load up DCS and shut it back down (my PC isnt dedicated to DCS unfortunately).

SSA software is easy because you can just start it and close it.

How flexible is the JetSeat SE?

Im sitting in a Sparco Junior seat, which is between 35 and 40cm wide, in the 'bucket'. Wondering if a JetSeat SE could be crammed somewhat in there?

nengun-493284-01-sparco-sparco_full_buckets_seat_junior-8ca6b7e62e.jpg

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Im sitting in a Sparco Junior seat, which is between 35 and 40cm wide, in the 'bucket'. Wondering if a JetSeat SE could be crammed somewhat in there?

Andre uploaded the sizes of SE on his shop, please check the attached image or his shop page: https://andres.shop/jetseat/24-jetseat-sim-edition.html

jetseat-sim-edition.thumb.jpg.ffd2086b3ff95ac8bf171b9a28250109.jpg

13700k @5.6GHz | 32GB DDR4 4000MHz CL14 | ASUS Z690 TUF  | GIGABYTE RTX4090 Gaming OC | Samsung 970PRO 512G + 980PRO 2T

GIGABYTE M32U | HP Reverb G2

Warthog HOTAS | TPR | JetSeat | TrackIR5

Windows 11

I would say that all JetSeat models are pretty flexible. Since this particular chair doesn't have a hollow space for a stick, I would consider buying another modification - JetSeat AM, based on KW-908 model.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Received my KW-908 AM today, just in time for Normandy, after incredibly fast processing from Andre. It just went bing bang boom, ding dong, thank you very much :thumbup:

And its ok flexible to be curled into my race seat :)

So lets see how this baby rolls tonight then.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Received my KW-908 AM today, just in time for Normandy, after incredibly fast processing from Andre. It just went bing bang boom, ding dong, thank you very much :thumbup:

And its ok flexible to be curled into my race seat :)

So lets see how this baby rolls tonight then.

You are welcome :)

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Andre, dobro din,

Hi Sydy,

Thank you for the feedback :)

I've added your state, please try again.

Andre, it worked like a charm.

Spasibo, moy drug!

Just to let you know, My Jet Seat arrived this friday (yesterday). the brazilian post office was on strike and it took forever to arrive (since you posted it early march/17).

The good news it didn't get taxed by the braziliam customs. Thank you!

I am really excited exactly because tomorrow I will built a new rig and the jet seat will go in it. If I run into some trouble, I will let you know and scream for help! :joystick:

Look at my new equipament! It's going to be a rocket

IMG_8166.jpg

IMG_8155.jpg

These are the new parts:

IMG_8165.jpg

Thank you very much for your project and equipament. Looking forward to try it.

All the best,

Sydy

Edited by Sydy

I got my jetseat last week ! Could only try it with iRacing and SimShakerWheels software so far. I have to say it works really great for racing, period ! Really really good. Tune some of the sliders to get a good feedback from the car and it is a joy to feel the sliding and braking force and stuff. Especially with a VR headset :)

I am sure it will work great with DCS too to get a feedback for the clunky rumbling machine under your butt :) Will try that next weekend with the SimShakerAviator software.

Great job on the software and all, Andre !

Here is my first impression post from the iRacing forum:

I have the cheaper seat #901 with the 6 motors. I like it more because the lower motors are only under your legs and no motors under your butt.

Advice about the cables: there is one power connector with decent length and a USB cable that has a switches and buttons part that is very close to the seat (like 30cm) You should not keep that hanging around if you use a normal office chair to not stress the connectors.

I guess ideally the jetseat is for a stationary sim rig, not so much for a office chair that you move around sometimes and plug/unplug often.

Review: You have to play around with the strength sliders for the different effects that will rumble in the seat, like engine, wheel slip, gear shift, etc. I dialed the effects down so that they are subtile and not too strong. It feels really good, you get a rumble under your right leg when you steer hard and the front right wheel gets a lot of load. When you oversteer and your rear starts to slide both motors at the back rumble so u get a feel for the increased load and sliding of the rear tires.

Some effects are for immersion: engine revving and gear shift clunks you feel in the motors at your back. Some effects give you performance feedback, like heavy braking rumble. You can judge if you take a corner hard by the amount of rumble. And you can judge if the rumble comes from front, back, left, right.

For me it adds a lot of immersion and a good feel for the car weight. The jetseat is much better than i thought before. I only tested it with iRacing and have no comparison to buttkickers and similar. Will test it with flightsims soon.

Quote Vedexent: The technical term for an over ambitious ground attack pilot is "dead".

Quote SiThSpAwN: I figure 1.5 will have to buy some roses and chocolates, take 2.0 to a nice restaurant, and if it opens doors and is a gentleman, 1.5 and 2.0 might just get to merge one day.

Great hardware! Good luck with the new rig!

Hi Andre,

I hope you're all right! I am pretty happy down here.

Today I had the chance to test DCS and the Jetseat.

I had some overtemp problems with the new rig, but after changing the thermal paste, it went smooth. I had to reinstall 1.5.6 (2.1 was ok) and took some time. The CH Control Manager proved itself incompatible with Windows 10-64... Another issue to deal with. Had to reprogram and learn to use the Direct Mode in the Fighter Stick. With all that solve and configured, it was time to test my new sim add on!

The installation was pretty straight forward and I just had to use one adapter for my nobreak (US outlet) and started to test it with the F-5E! It was awesome. The introduction of the micro-vibrations is a new asset in my simulation and brings a higher level of immersion. I am extremely satisfied with it and pricewise it is very fair.

I even took the opportunity to seat my parents so they could experiment a little massage. They found it pretty fun.

Congratulations for your project and I am one of your free advertisers here in Brazil. Remember, the time for brazilian mail is horrible and it took 3 months to get at my home. The good part is that it was not custom taxed. They are entitled to charge anything about USD50, but they didn't. 3 months is a good reference for your upcoming brazilian customers. I am sure you're gonna sell some more here.

I wish you all the best!

Sydy

I sat my girlfriend on the jetseat to try the massage function thinking she wouldn't like it too much.

She then sat there for 20 mins and happily cranked it up to to full military massage afterburner power :)

Quote Vedexent: The technical term for an over ambitious ground attack pilot is "dead".

Quote SiThSpAwN: I figure 1.5 will have to buy some roses and chocolates, take 2.0 to a nice restaurant, and if it opens doors and is a gentleman, 1.5 and 2.0 might just get to merge one day.

Still couldn't try DCS with the seat :(

But playing iRacing daily now and the jetseat really helps to judge the grip of the tires and the braking treshold before the wheels lock up.

LOL I think I am on the wrong forum here :)

Hi Andre,

I really like the seat so far! I recommend it to my friends here as well !

I saw last night that I got an automatic update to the software (SimShaker for DCS World and Falcon BMS), but couldn't see any change log anywhere.

Could you please direct me where in the website can I see the change log?

If it could be linked/embedded from the software itself - it would be great!

Thanks!

Callsign   SETUP