GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

What do you do if you use a usb only sound system like bose. Get some kind of usb to 3.5 adapter and split it to the Gametrix???

Thanks

You don't need to hook it up to any audio output at all. This was answered about two posts up.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Shit, looks like I need to add this to my list of things to get...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Hey guys,

I posted a personal statement in the SSA thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=175028

Statement:

Future of SimShaker for Aviators

Dear SSA users,

some years ago I bothered Andre to implement certain features into his SimShaker software. As I was very annoyed ;-), Andre and I had been talking a lot and sometime later he asked me to team up and work together on the SimShaker software. I joined and developed for free because I really can not fly without that software anymore and was to impatient to get new features/effects wink.gif.

At the beginning we worked together. After some time, Andre started the SimShaker-Wheels project and I rewrote almost the entire code of SimShaker leading to SimShaker for Aviators supporting today DCS, X-Plane, FSX, P3D. In fact, after that point I was the only developer of SimShaker for Aviators and Andre focused on Wheels and his great E-Shop (https://andres.shop/)!

Today, people are mixing up Andre's shop, Jetseat, SimShaker for Aviators and SimShaker SoundModule. This lead to some confusions. In addition, the request to support new flight sims is increasing. Also giving free support can be very time consuming. I think some clarifications and statements about the future of this project are necessary!

As some of you know, I plan to submit my phd thesis in the next half year and who knows what life brings then. I spent to much time and energy to let SSA simply go wink.gif. Thus, I will focus on SSA as it is today. This mean, SSA will be limited to DCS, X-Plane, FSX and P3D on a free/donation basis. As you all know, I sometimes just bought modules to add support in SSA for them and provided it free to you. Because my main motivation is having a better simulation experience for me and you.

For me it was always challenging to distinguished between the payware/money side and the 'free/donation' side. Thus, Andre and I agreed that all current and future payware extension like BMS will be transferred to SimShaker Wings, a separate application, developed/maintained by Andre. I will continue my work on SSA!

I'm sure, some parts/ideas/effects of Wings and SSA will merge or influence each other :-). We plan as well to share our existing infrastructure such as Slack, FB group, FTP/HTTP servers, Help Desk, etc.

I wish Andre good luck and hope he will have success with his projects!

Olaf (f4l0)

I am sure the answer to this is buried among these 1700+ posts but I did not find it with a bit of searching so I will ask here.

What is the difference between the 908, the Andre's mod version and the Sim edition? I am about to place an order and am a bit confused as to which would be the appropriate one to purchase.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I am sure the answer to this is buried among these 1700+ posts but I did not find it with a bit of searching so I will ask here.

What is the difference between the 908, the Andre's mod version and the Sim edition? I am about to place an order and am a bit confused as to which would be the appropriate one to purchase.

Great question, I will also have this same question when I go to make my purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Hi cichlidfan,Buckeye,

908 is a great device, but made as a "throw away if failed" unit, which may be inconvenient a bit to ship it back to Russia, right?

Andre's mode turns it to be completely repairable and maintainable. Please don't think JetSeat requires too much maintenance, but sometimes you may want to lubricate a DC motor with a silicon spray, for instance. Hence in case of trouble we can exchange just with small parts of the device, if needed. I consider that as big boon for such a valuable for flight simmers device.

jetseat-kw-908-am.jpg

Sim Edition goes further than Andre's mode and changes a form-factor of the device to meet specific flight sim chairs, as you can see on pictures in the e-shop. It also allows you to select among 3 different colors of its dense fabric cover, which is more pleasant for naked skin than artificial leather in summer. Currently Sim Edition is the most popular mod in my e-shop.

jetseat-sim-edition.jpg

Any more questions?

Edited by =Andre=

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Andre. Are the dimensions of the sim edition about the same as the 908?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thanks Andre. Are the dimensions of the sim edition about the same as the 908?

No, they are pretty different. You can find dimensions on the product pages

https://andres.shop/jetseat/11-jetseat-kw-908-air.html

and

https://andres.shop/jetseat/24-jetseat-sim-edition.html

Edited by =Andre=

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No, they are pretty different. You can find dimensions on the product pages

https://andres.shop/jetseat/11-jetseat-kw-908-air.html

and

https://andres.shop/82-home_default/jetseat-sim-edition.jpg

Thanks. Sorry, I overlooked that image for the sim edition.

aahh, I've gave you the wrong link for SE, this is correct

https://andres.shop/jetseat/24-jetseat-sim-edition.html

Yeah, but I found the right one. Thanks, again.

Hi Andre,

today, my JetSeat controller has lost power, and the red light no longer comes on. I have tried 3 different power adapters, and it still does not work. Do you have any other troubleshooting tips for when power does not come on? Thank you.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

You are welcome :)

Happy shopping!

Sim edition ordered. Based on the note on the product page, I am guessing that I will get it in about a month, which is fine.

Hi Andre,

today, my JetSeat controller has lost power, and the red light no longer comes on. I have tried 3 different power adapters, and it still does not work. Do you have any other troubleshooting tips for when power does not come on? Thank you.

Hi rrohde,

First of all try to reload firmware. Please find the procedure decription at our help desk.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you! I think in about 5 wèeks.

That is fine. I have some USB hub and power distribution issues to address anyway.

dang...I got the 908, but looks like Sim edition would have been better. Oh well. But you may want to put on the first post as FAQ (maybe it's already there and I didn't read it! LOL) Or just add the above comment describing the difference in your .sig

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

dang...I got the 908, but looks like Sim edition would have been better. Oh well. But you may want to put on the first post as FAQ (maybe it's already there and I didn't read it! LOL) Or just add the above comment describing the difference in your .sig
Yea I have the 908 air because I didn't know about the modded version. That one probably would have been better. The sim edition probably would not have fit my PC chair.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I finally tested the jetseat with DCS after using it with iRacing sucessfully for a few weeks.

DCS ist great with the jetseat ! I love it ! Give me more rumble :)

It is superb !

There is only one thing I have to mention. The cable on the side of the jetseat with the pin connector is very short. I cannot have it hanging around because the pin connector with loose the connection. I have it tucked into some furniture besides my chair.

If the cable from the jetseat would be longer, woulb be of great use.

Quote Vedexent: The technical term for an over ambitious ground attack pilot is "dead".

Quote SiThSpAwN: I figure 1.5 will have to buy some roses and chocolates, take 2.0 to a nice restaurant, and if it opens doors and is a gentleman, 1.5 and 2.0 might just get to merge one day.

After 10 month of use i still love my jetseat but it seems lower left motor has stopped working now. Is there anything i could do myself to fix it?

Edited by DB 605

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you; I will try this when I get home and let you know.

Hi rrohde,

First of all try to reload firmware. Please find the procedure decription at our help desk.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com