GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Hi Andre,

Thanks for the replies. I did a quick continuity check of the cables and all was good.

I then reloaded the firmware as you suggested and it now works perfectly (except the left leg motor, Left butt motor is good).

I really should have saved myself a lot of time and just contacted you and done as I was told!

Thanks Andre, excellent advice.

I am back in vibration heaven.

Also thanks f4I0 for the recommendation, I have a beefier 12V supply inbound for future use.

I did the same thing, I was convinced it was dead. Never doubt Andre. :D

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Yes, beta version of Wings already supports Aerofly FS2.

Please read my post here https://dreamsimteam.blogspot.ru/2017/11/simshaker-wings-beta-v110-with-aerofly.html

Great!

I'd like to say, the SE version looks incredible in my setup. Well worth it:thumbup:

I have my HOTAS Warthog stick and throttle mounted to my seat.

Thank you.

Edited by redtail

~Redtail~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was having the same issues - was not working basically and also did the reinstall process and it now works. Except that in the Bf109 the engine/piston throb does not work. Even when I make it the only active option and set it to 100% I get nothing. I think most of the others work, still testing.

The JetSeat is an amazing sim add-on, and a must have. It is still, however just a contraption subject to normal wear and tear.

I have an earlier generation 8 motor seat and drive it pretty hard. Recently I had 2 motors go out. Shortly thereafter, another 2. Trouble shooting the software didn't fix it so I exposed the entire wiring plexus. One of the connectors had disengaged from the "CPU", and another wiring splice had pulled apart. No surprise based on the miles I have on this rig. Wiring repair got all motors running to varying degrees of vigor. I figured since I have the whole thing exposed, I would take down each of the motor units and lube them. I used an extremely low viscosity lubricant designed for fishing reel bearings. Secured all components with duct tape and stitched her back up.

Results, awesome. Runs "quieter" and very much stronger. All settings reduced by 20% now and still getting more vibe then when I started.

This is a great product out of the box. It's maintainability makes it even better.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

The JetSeat is an amazing sim add-on, and a must have. It is still, however just a contraption subject to normal wear and tear.

I have an earlier generation 8 motor seat and drive it pretty hard. Recently I had 2 motors go out. Shortly thereafter, another 2. Trouble shooting the software didn't fix it so I exposed the entire wiring plexus. One of the connectors had disengaged from the "CPU", and another wiring splice had pulled apart. No surprise based on the miles I have on this rig. Wiring repair got all motors running to varying degrees of vigor. I figured since I have the whole thing exposed, I would take down each of the motor units and lube them. I used an extremely low viscosity lubricant designed for fishing reel bearings. Secured all components with duct tape and stitched her back up.

Results, awesome. Runs "quieter" and very much stronger. All settings reduced by 20% now and still getting more vibe then when I started.

This is a great product out of the box. It's maintainability makes it even better.

Thanks for sharing that Chic, I can confirm that KW-908 model motors appreciate lubrication. I usually use a silicon spray.

And my KW-908 AM mod by means of velcro lockers keeps a customer free of stitching - unstitching, if the maintenance is needed.

Edited by =Andre=
  • Like 1

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just got my seat and i gotta say its fantastic!

Im curious though, is it possible to easily edit a setting so i can make the effects of bank left center and right more pronounced? I notice this quite a bit in X plane 11 (bugged, seems like it reverses a lot depending on pitch angles, also need slightly better blending at 0 degrees bank) and id love to have it a little louder so to speak on DCS too. Its there but very subtle, id like a tad more It really makes flying by your pants easier and better IMO. I mainly fly helicopters.

Thank you!

Edited by trigen

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

Just got my seat and i gotta say its fantastic!

Im curious though, is it possible to easily edit a setting so i can make the effects of bank left center and right more pronounced? I notice this quite a bit in X plane 11 (bugged, it switches side all the time) and id love to have it a little louder so to speak on DCS too. It really makes flying by your pants easier and better IMO. I mainly fly helicopters.

Thank you!

Is this addressed to me?

Unfortunately, I don't know all my customers by their forum names.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fangio,

I am not in charge of SimShaker for Aviators. Please ask in this official thread https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=175028&goto=newpost

If you've got any particular problems with SimShaker Sound Module or SimShaker - Wings that's up to me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I finally got it hooked up and love the jetseat. But one suggestion. The straps for tying the jetseat to the chair uses buckles. Like what you see on backpacks. For my office chair, I have to undo the buckle and have to strap it back on. So I would suggest an option to use velcro to make it easier to attach it to chairs.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I finally got it hooked up and love the jetseat. But one suggestion. The straps for tying the jetseat to the chair uses buckles. Like what you see on backpacks. For my office chair, I have to undo the buckle and have to strap it back on. So I would suggest an option to use velcro to make it easier to attach it to chairs.

Absolutely agree with you.

On my mods I do not use buckles, but elastic tapes with velcro lockers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is this addressed to me?

Unfortunately, I don't know all my customers by their forum names.

It was a general question if it was possible to easily change it addressed to all and any developers of the software

Edit:

I see there is a forum for the sim shaker aviator, apologies didn't know about it.

Edited by trigen

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

I did the same thing, I was convinced it was dead. Never doubt Andre. :D

Indeed, Andre the man!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Thanks for sharing that Chic, I can confirm that KW-908 model motors appreciate lubrication. I usually use a silicon spray.

And my KW-908 AM mod by means of velcro lockers keeps a customer free of stitching - unstitching, if the maintenance is needed.

When I go hunting the left leg motor problem I have (cable for sure), I will ludricate the motors. The only hinderance for me is re-stitching the edges of the jet seat!

Once I overcome this problem, I will cut the centre joystick area and then some!!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

JetSeat Issue

Hi Andre

Im having issues. There is no power light...I tried to follow the steps in the firmware reload procedure. After step 7, Im getting no response in Windows - but continue as per instructions. When I attempt step 10 selecting the v2_57.vkb file i do not get a final "OK" There are other cyrillic letters not as pictured in the guide. Ive attached an image. Can you please assist?

Thank you.

Dave

IMG_0827.jpeg.2c6cd4bd22bc2a058a2d91336bc676de.jpeg

Hi Dave,

In such a case I suggest that may be more serious issue than just a firmware fail.

You can try to check the power supply unit with a voltmeter.

That may be a JetSeat remote control unit failure as well. You can ship it back to me in order to repair in Gametrix authorized service center.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks For the reply Andre.

Not what I wanted to hear though

The unit was purchased in May -i can ship it back to you. I’ll miss it SO much!!

What is the procedure?

Cheers

Dave

Please PM me your order number or real name to identify the order and we will proceed via PMs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I purchased a KW-908 jet seat from Andre quite some time ago through these forums. I have been, and continue to be very pleased with this piece of gear and well satisfied with the purchase. The effects and added immersion it brings to DCS are awesome, and in conjunction with the oculus it is incredible.

Unfortunately I ran some tests today after a new system build and have encountered an apparent hardware failure of one of the force feedback motors.

It seems that the right shoulder force feedback motor is not working. I can hear a slight buzzing coming from it but it does not vibrate fully like the others. There are no broken pins on the DIN plug and both the wires are connected at the motor. I put a small slit in the back to feel around to confirm this. Is there any chance I can purchase a replacement motor? Can you offer any help in troubleshooting the issue? Instructions on disassembly and repair?

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer, and for a great product and excellent software!

~PoleCat

Edited by PoleCat

I purchased a KW-908 jet seat from Andre quite some time ago through these forums. I have been, and continue to be very pleased with this piece of gear and well satisfied with the purchase. The effects and added immersion it brings to DCS are awesome, and in conjunction with the oculus it is incredible.

Unfortunately I ran some tests today after a new system build and have encountered an apparent hardware failure of one of the force feedback motors.

It seems that the right shoulder force feedback motor is not working. I can hear a slight buzzing coming from it but it does not vibrate fully like the others. There are no broken pins on the DIN plug and both the wires are connected at the motor. I put a small slit in the back to feel around to confirm this. Is there any chance I can purchase a replacement motor? Can you offer any help in troubleshooting the issue? Instructions on disassembly and repair?

Thank you in advance for a great product, software and any help you can offer.

~PoleCat

Sorry to hear yours is broken, hope you will be able to get the faulty motor replaced soon

I've wanted to pick one up forever (even more so now that I'm flying with a CV1), but since the 104th Server doesn't allow Sensor Exports I've been holding off hoping that will change. The day that changes, my order will be placed directly to Andre for the SE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Guys, my dear customers, if you are in trouble, one message to me in most cases is quite enough.

Three messages about the same problem by all available channels is a kind of flooding.

I understand that JetSeat is very much important to you. Please, do not panic. I'm here, I'm responsive, we will sort the problem out.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]